Windows 10: Is there a way to implement/enable pinch-zoom in Windows 10 without a touchpad/touch screen?

Discus and support Is there a way to implement/enable pinch-zoom in Windows 10 without a touchpad/touch screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want pinch-zoom on my desktop because in my laptop I can zoom in on web pages without changing the size of the page itself, sort of like how you zoom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShiBen0725, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Is there a way to implement/enable pinch-zoom in Windows 10 without a touchpad/touch screen?

I want pinch-zoom on my desktop because in my laptop I can zoom in on web pages without changing the size of the page itself, sort of like how you zoom in on images. Pinch-zooming in web pages is perfect to read articles as if the web page is an image and you can zoom in to a perfect size. The problem with changing the page size is it increases the size of every element on that page. I use an extension that increases font size on web pages but it doesn't always work.

submitted by /u/ShiBen0725
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ShiBen0725, Mar 26, 2020

2. Lenovo Thinkpad X230t Tablet Pinch Zoom Not Working on Touch Screen on Windows 10

Googled for hours, until eventually found the solution. Posting this to help others.

After re-installing Windows 10 from scratch, my touchscreen pinch-to-zoom does not work. No zoom happens by touch, only by CTRL + and CTRL - on the keyboard.

PC is a Lenovo Thinkpad X230 Tablet PC with a Touchscreen. It supports multi-touch, and Windows worked with "pinch zoom" before this re-install.

Lots of articles and Superuser.com help says go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Additional Mouse Options -> Device Settings, but after installing the Lenovo Thinkpad touchpad drivers, the Device Settings is replaced with a Thinkpad tab. Only options available are Touchpad settings, including pinch-and-zoom on the touchpad (not touch screen). There is no way to enable or disable the touch-screen's pinch-to-zoom feature.

Maybe this issue was caused by the order I installed the drivers?

Crash Override, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    How do I enable/disable pinch zoom on Windows 10?

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Pinch zoom can be disabled for your touchpad from the gesture utility software that comes installed from your manufacturer, you can try the below steps to access it.

Method 1: Enable/Disable Pinch Zoom.

1. Search for Mouse & Touchpad on the start menu or you can access from
      Settings > Devices > Mouse & Touchpad.
    2. Click on Additional mouse option from the right pane.
    3. Click on the Device Settings tab and click on
      Settings
      button.
    4. Click on Pinch Zoom option and uncheck/check
      the box Enable Pinch Zoom to enable or disable it.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Is there a way to implement/enable pinch-zoom in Windows 10 without a touchpad/touch screen?

Pinch Zoom Touchpad Issues

Hello,

I'm currently having an issue with the "pinch zoom" feature on my Synaptics TouchPad V7.5. I'm using an HP 2000 Notebook and recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Ever since I upgraded, the pinch zoom has been going haywire at the slightest
    touch. It's very annoying to be in the middle of browsing, reading a document, or working on something, and the screen begins zooming in and out. I've gone into the mouse settings several times to disable the pinch zoom (as well as some of the other multi-finger
    gestures, which I'm also not a fan of), but it only fixes the problem temporarily. Every time I restart my computer, the multi-finger gestures are automatically enabled again. I've disabled them at least five times just this morning, only to have them enabled
    again. Obviously, I shouldn't have to go into the settings to disable them every time I turn my computer on. I even rolled back the TouchPad driver, which seemed to get rid of the multi-finger gestures altogether, but the TouchPad was so sluggish that I then
    updated the driver again, hoping the problem would be solved, but it hasn't been. How can I permanently turn off the multi-finger gestures? Please help!

BrandonMoore15, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to implement/enable pinch-zoom in Windows 10 without a touchpad/touch screen?

1. Is there a way to implement/enable pinch-zoom in Windows 10 without a touchpad/touch screen? - Similar Threads - implement enable pinch

2. Pinch zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinch zoom: I've tried many different instructions for disabling the pinch to zoom feature of the touchpad but none of them seem to work for me. Is there anything else I can try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinch-zoom/482982b1-9185-47b8-8c04-8330ecc8d5a6
  3. how can i enable pinch zoom-in and zoom-out in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i enable pinch zoom-in and zoom-out in windows 10?: how can I enable pinch zoom in and zoom out in win 10?I have already referred to many websites and YouTube videos but my settings are very different from their. I've been using win 7, this is my first time using win 10, but when I started using this was one of the problems I...
  4. Touchpad Pinch Zoom sensitivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Pinch Zoom sensitivity: I am using a notebook with the precision touchpad driver. I like the settings of my touchpad regarding sensitivity, gestures, and scrolling. Everything is great. Except the pinch zoom. It's way too sensitive. Is there any way to change that? Thank you in advance! submitted...
  5. Using Pinch Zoom without touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Pinch Zoom without touchpad: Hi, I like the pinch to zoom gesture of my Notebook's touchpad. But I'm missing the feature if I use my dockingstation in combination with an external mouse and keyboard (and screens). Often I want to pinch into websites on my screens attached to the docking station. But I...
  6. TOUCHPAD AND TOUCHSCREEN PINCH ZOOM NOT WORKING IN DESKTOP

TOUCHPAD AND TOUCHSCREEN PINCH ZOOM NOT WORKING IN DESKTOP: Yesterday I was able to to zoom in my desktop icons with touchscreen as well as with my touchpad in xps 13 9370.But its not working now,any solutions?...
  7. Pinch Zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pinch Zoom: I just bought a new HP laptop. As always, I looked to immediately get rid of pinch zoom but I cannot find it. Tutorials show going to "personalize" then "devices" etc but in the end, I don't have the options on the screen which they have on theirs. Also, most I've found...
  8. Touchpad zoom/ pinch feature issues

Touchpad zoom/ pinch feature issues: I'm trying to turn off the touchpad's zoom feature on my Lenovo Ideapad 130-15ast that has Windows 10 and cannot for the life of me figure it out. There is no 'Device Settings' tab, no 'UltraNav' tab or anything suggested or listed elsewhere and it's driving me up a wall....
  9. How to disable Pinch Zoom Touchpad feature

How to disable Pinch Zoom Touchpad feature: My touchpad zooms in randomly while I'm trying to scroll. I have looked at countless articles on how to disable the Pinch Zoom feature and none of the instructions match what I am seeing. I need instructions for my device. I have Windows 10 Home and an HP 15-bs0xx Laptop. I...
  10. Pinch Zoom

Pinch Zoom: Hello, I have found many threads on how to remove Pinch Zoom for windows 10 but none have been applicable for the options presented to me i.e. Control Panel > Mouse > UltraNav > TouchPad Settings > Application Gestures > Pinch Zoom > uncheck the Enable Pinch Zoom box....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable pinch to zoom windows 10 when docked