Windows 10: Is there a way to increase the number of pin attempts before the user needs to restart?

Discus and support Is there a way to increase the number of pin attempts before the user needs to restart? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Trying to set up a computer that could have someone attempt to try the pin multiple times before asking for a challenge phrase and then needing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Theskirkpatrick, May 18, 2020.

1. Is there a way to increase the number of pin attempts before the user needs to restart?

Trying to set up a computer that could have someone attempt to try the pin multiple times before asking for a challenge phrase and then needing a restart. Is there any way to increase the number of pin attempts? I already tried to set up the account lockout threshold, but that didn't seem to work.

submitted by /u/Theskirkpatrick
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Theskirkpatrick, May 18, 2020
  2. Chris L M Win User

W10: Increase number of recent/pinned items in Jump Lists

Hi All,

i'm trying to increase the number of items that i can pin to my taskbar. In Win8, it was right click on taskbar > properties > Jump Lists tab. is there a way to increase this in Win10?

chris

Chris L M, May 18, 2020
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Pin Number

Hi,

It appears that you're having problems adding your PIN to your Windows 10 PC. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried creating a new user account, and try to add a PIN to see if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried restarting your computer? This helps to resolve common PC problems by refreshing all the programs and services.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, May 18, 2020
  4. Howardc Win User

Is there a way to increase the number of pin attempts before the user needs to restart?

Increasing number of items to be pinned to File explorer

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and would like to know how I go about increasing the number of items to be pinned to File Explorer

It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in advising me how to set the maximum number of items to be pinned to file explorer

Howardc, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to increase the number of pin attempts before the user needs to restart?

1. Is there a way to increase the number of pin attempts before the user needs to restart? - Similar Threads - increase number pin

2. I need to log in with a new PIN number after I restart the laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to log in with a new PIN number after I restart the laptop: Last night I am about to restart my PC and at the log in page, my PC want me to log in with a new PIN. But, I can't create a new one because the button to create the new PIN does not responsive at all....
  3. Need to remove pin number at startup.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to remove pin number at startup.: I have a Windows 10 Home pc. I recently got this pc (my second) back from shop. Of course on setup you have to put in a pin number, which I did. And every time you boot Windows you have to put in the pin. I keep reading there is a way that I can remove pin, but "Remove" is...
  4. FileZilla users - increase concurrent number of transfers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FileZilla users - increase concurrent number of transfers: Hi folks Some filezilla users might not be aware of this but you can increase throughput for file transfers by changing the maximum number of concurrent transfers to 10 -- it installs 2 by default. (The optimum number will be based on your network speed capability and also...
  5. is there a way to increase maximum number of alarms windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to increase maximum number of alarms windows 10: is there a way ? submitted by /u/samirkamal97 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl68k2/is_there_a_way_to_increase_maximum_number_of/
  6. Win10 needs multiple restarts before loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 needs multiple restarts before loading: Hi, I'm getting error code 0xc0000225 sometimes when restarting Windows 10. The system will start to load, then gets stuck requiring me to hit reset to restart the boot process. Sometimes it starts on the first go, other times it can take up to 10 or 12 reboot attempts...
  7. Need PIN number.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need PIN number.: Need PIN number. Can not open Windows with out it. I have forgot the number and can not fine it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-pin-number/f1e355e2-047e-4915-8a73-5e92b882eaed
  8. Pin number at startup saying wrong number before I enter anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin number at startup saying wrong number before I enter anything: When the pin number request pops when starting up my computer, the box where you would put your pin number flashes something and the message incorrect pin number shows before I enter anything. If I use mouse to click on "try again", same thing happens. If I hit any key on...
  9. Finger print reader - Increase number of attempts for W10 logon?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Finger print reader - Increase number of attempts for W10 logon?: My laptop has a finger print reader. Quite often this fails to recognize me. How can I increase the number of attempts that I am allowed? Also why does 'Hello' get mentioned in the error message? Is there a facial recognition facility? 42306
  10. Increasing number of items to be pinned to File explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing number of items to be pinned to File explorer: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and would like to know how I go about increasing the number of items to be pinned to File Explorer It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in advising me how to set the maximum number of items to be pinned to file...