Windows 10: Is there a way to increase windows defender's detection speed of ZoneAlarm?

Discus and support Is there a way to increase windows defender's detection speed of ZoneAlarm? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Maybe a strange question..... Windows 10 defender / security center doesn't detect ZoneAlarm firewall immediately at startup, it takes a few minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xwebslingerx, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Is there a way to increase windows defender's detection speed of ZoneAlarm?

Maybe a strange question.....

Windows 10 defender / security center doesn't detect ZoneAlarm firewall immediately at startup, it takes a few minutes for it to 'pick it up', stating no firewall is active during that time (while ZoneAlarm says it is).

Is there a way to speed up this detection process.

I get that ZoneAlarm is active and my system is probably not at risk, but I just don't get why it takes W10 so long to detect it.

submitted by /u/xwebslingerx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xwebslingerx, Nov 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 and ZoneAlarm.

I got the Windows 10 'upgrade' and was willing to work with the myriad of little problems that have cropped up but when I found out that my ZoneAlarm was not working and 'Defender' was running, I tried to redownload ZoneAlarm from the back up CD that
    I have. Imagine my surprise when I got a message that ZoneAlarm would not - does not work with Windows 10. This was not in the information I got from this website. Why wasn't anyone told beforehand that it would not work? I want to go back to Windows 8.1
    where everything works {mostly) with my securityware . I just paid for a year's subscription in April 2015 and don't appreciate the fact that I cannot use it as I have for the last 14 years. Any suggestions? Windows Defender is not as good a firewall as
    ZoneAlarm and doesn't have the reliability I have come to expect and depend on. Vipre is a good product but the firewall is not as good. Is there a way to make this work?

CatraFelinis, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - ZoneAlarm Extreme 14 running, but unable to turn off Windows Defender

If the ZoneAlarm product properly registered itself as the provider to Windows at install, Defender should have turned off.

I suggest contacting ZoneAlarm to determine if it is compatible and get assistance if they say it is.

ZoneAlarm Support Center

Stephen Boots, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Is there a way to increase windows defender's detection speed of ZoneAlarm?

Windows 10 and Windows Defender Detection Speed:

Mayank:

Thank you for your information.....No, I am not on any Network except our local AT&T single household UVerse High Speed Internet provider service. I ran the suggested Microsoft Safety Scan and it found no infected files or software. Boot scans in Safe Mode
    found no problems. I do have the on demand - FREE version 2.2.1.1043 of
    Malwarebytes installed. But it has never caused any conflicts with other antivirus software because it doesn't run in real time mode. Could it be causing Windows Defender to slow it's detection speed as my original question asked? Should I
    uninstall Free Malwarebytes and re-test Windows Defender detection speed again?

Thank You,

HM

Friday, April 29, 2016

HerschellM...., Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to increase windows defender's detection speed of ZoneAlarm?

1. Is there a way to increase windows defender's detection speed of ZoneAlarm? - Similar Threads - increase defender's detection

2. Increase Speed of Volume Increase

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase Speed of Volume Increase: My laptop takes like 10 seconds to go from 0 to 100 volume when I use my laptop's keyboard. How can I reduce that time to 3 seconds for example without jumping values? Like when I use my USB keyboard, it just takes about 2 seconds to go from 0 to 100 with 2 volume increment...
  3. How to increase CPU speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to increase CPU speed: How To increase thisI certainly want to do thatplease help me increase that 2.69 to something I am ready to keep hands in the registry tooPlease help me increase this 2.69Ghz to atleast 3.10Ghz or 4Ghz* Original title: ! ! ! ! HELP PLEASE ! ! ! !...
  4. increasing speed of programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    increasing speed of programs: per the subject, can someone point me to some web resources that can show me how to make win run on bare bones so I can make the best use of my internals? for some reason, most of my programs run slower than they should. i always use a mobile phone's hotspot as a router and...
  5. Increase Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increase Internet Speed: To, Microsoft Community This is Gavin. I am using ADSL Broadband Internet Connection. Nowadays i am getting Slow Broadband Internet Speed. I want to know the steps to improve or increase or get Faster Broadband Internet Speeds. Help me with steps for get Faster...
  6. Increase Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increase Internet Speed: To, Microsoft Community This is Gavin. I am using ADSL Broadband Internet Connection. I want to know the steps to improve or increase or get Faster Broadband Internet Speeds. Help me with steps for get Faster Broadband Internet Speeds. Thanks......
  7. increase speed of wallpaper slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    increase speed of wallpaper slideshow: I have done this before based on feedback on your site, but am not finding the directions. I want to increase my wallpaper slideshow to 10 seconds on my laptop. Please advise. The choices for the quickest is one minute. That is too long as I have several pictures....
  8. How to increase windows 10 speed ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to increase windows 10 speed ??: I have a HP 15be012tu notebook, purchased 02 years ago. Now in 2019 its getting slow. So how to increase windows 10 laptop speed. My Realme mobile sometimes do the job faster than my HP laptop. Should i upgrade its RAM ???...
  9. Trying to uninstall zonealarm?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to uninstall zonealarm?: Hi, I upgraded to win 10 and noticed that ZoneAlarm wasn't loaded. I found that my version wasn't compatible with win 10. when I try to uninstall ZA I get a "Unable to create an installation log for logging installation activities" message and am unable to uninstall it. Can...
  10. ZoneAlarm vs Windows Firewall ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ZoneAlarm vs Windows Firewall ?: Hi I've used ZoneAlarm for years as it actively rejects Ident packets. I've now found another way to do this, so I'm considering if it's time to move away from ZoneAlarm. I currently have ZoneAlarm Free AV & Firewall, Avast AV, MalwareBytes and SpyBot Search and Destroy...