Windows 10: Is there a way to keep certain lightweight applications always in RAM?

Discus and support Is there a way to keep certain lightweight applications always in RAM? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a bunch of very light text files and spreadsheets that I access often via Notepad++ and Libreoffice. Most of the time it's quick to Alt-Tab to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MyNameIsNotMarcos, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Is there a way to keep certain lightweight applications always in RAM?

I have a bunch of very light text files and spreadsheets that I access often via Notepad++ and Libreoffice. Most of the time it's quick to Alt-Tab to them. However sometimes it takes a few seconds until the app shows and can be interacted with.

I'm assuming this is when the apps had been taken away from RAM, pushed away to make room to some more recent memory-hogging app, like Chrome (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd like these two apps to always be immediately accessible. Is it possible to let Windows know to prioritize them?

Does this make sense? Is this something that can be done? If so, how?

Thanks!

PS: I have 8G RAM. As en example, my Chrome currently takes 2G+ of memory. N++ and Libreoffice together take only 30MB.

submitted by /u/MyNameIsNotMarcos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MyNameIsNotMarcos, Mar 30, 2020

2. lightweight antivirus??

hey Boys & Girls how you doing?

hey maybe you can help me

I'm looking for a lightweight free antivirus for my windows 7 computer

any suggestions?

hey thanks again..!!!!!

HappyRogue, May 25, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 25, 2020
  4. rich1608 Win User

Is there a way to keep certain lightweight applications always in RAM?

Lightweight charger

Hi,

Is the ACP 12X the right lightweight charger for a 3310? I have the normal (but heavy) ACP 7X and want a lighter one for backpacking trips etc.. The thing is the 3310 isn't listed on the packaging.

Cheers,

Rich

rich1608, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to keep certain lightweight applications always in RAM?

1. Is there a way to keep certain lightweight applications always in RAM? - Similar Threads - keep certain lightweight

2. Discoloration on certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  3. Discoloration on certain applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  4. Applications keep crashing after certain amount of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications keep crashing after certain amount of time: [ATTACH] This has been going on for about a month or so. After running my computer for an hour or so, most the applications will either shut down, or freeze entirely. Even if I'm not using my pc, and I leave chrome running in the background then it will still crash Chrome...
  5. Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?: An example is only using OBS virtual camera on chrome while my regular webcam is disabled but OBS will be using that webcam for the virtual webcam. Can I do that?...
  6. Best way to make W10 lightweight?

Best way to make W10 lightweight?: I just bought a HP Stream with 32GB storage. It runs Windows 10, but I was shocked, to say the least, at the fact it only has 3GB of free storage. What can I do to make the install as light as possible? submitted by /u/thattonybo [link] [comments]...
  7. Certain applications not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain applications not launching: I have had problems with various applications on my computer randomly stop working. It started a few months ago when a program called Overwolf randomly stopped launching, not even giving an error code. Later more apps started failing, including Logitech G hub, and bluestacks....
  8. Is there any way to limit Application ram usage?

Is there any way to limit Application ram usage?: title there is an app that I want to limit submitted by /u/Summercard23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j34zdq/is_there_any_way_to_limit_application_ram_usage/
  9. Is there a way to keep one window always maximized?

Is there a way to keep one window always maximized?: Let's say I often use one window or software most of the time and I want to have quick access to its open window with one shortcut. I don't want it to keep it always on top, but I want it to remain maximized after I minimize all other windows (Win+M or pressing the "show...
  10. How to keep applications on a certain monitor.

How to keep applications on a certain monitor.: This might seem like a dumb question and I am only asking because for some reason my computer doesn't want to do it anymore but I have a dual monitor setup a "28 inch 4k Asus monitor" (Right Side) and a "24 inch Asus" (Left Side) I use the 4k as my main one. At one point I...