Windows 10: Is there a way to keep Edge's PDF viewer?

Discus and support Is there a way to keep Edge's PDF viewer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before the Chromium update hit, Microsoft Edge had a pretty neat and fluid PDF viewer. Now, that's been replaced by a far more sluggish, uglier viewer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VicCoca123, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Is there a way to keep Edge's PDF viewer?

Before the Chromium update hit, Microsoft Edge had a pretty neat and fluid PDF viewer. Now, that's been replaced by a far more sluggish, uglier viewer, at least by my standards.

Is there a way to recover this PDF viewer, or are there any standalone PDF viewers that do the job properly?

submitted by /u/VicCoca123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VicCoca123, Jan 19, 2020

2. Navigating PDF viewer in Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced.
    I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps to print the page.

• Open the pdf file you want to print in Edge.
    • Press Ctrl + P key to open print option.
    • Select the Printer and desired page layout.
    • Click on Print and check if it works.
    To search any words in the Edge PDF viewer, press Ctrl + F and type the desired words in find box in left top corner of the browser and search.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Navigating PDF viewer in Edge

This response is no value because I am not printing. I want to skip to page 50 on a 200 page document without scrolling

nemiastevens, Jan 19, 2020
  4. NS_2017 Win User

Is there a way to keep Edge's PDF viewer?

Edge keeps replacing Adobe as default PDF viewer

Microsoft Edge keeps reverting to the default PDF viewer and it's extremely frustrating. I believe it occurs whenever I unzip files using winzip. I know how to reset the default application but it's time consuming doing it once or twice every day and shouldn't
    be necessary.

Why does it keep changing back to Microsoft Edge and how can I stop this?

Can i remove Microsoft Edge completely?

Why does Adobe not appear in the default programs list? How can I add this to the list as if it did appear the steps to change the default viewer would be quicker.

NS_2017, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to keep Edge's PDF viewer?

1. Is there a way to keep Edge's PDF viewer? - Similar Threads - keep Edge's PDF

2. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer: Hi, I use Adobe Acrobat DC to open PDF files. Whenever Windows updates, it sets my default PDF opener to Edge. I'll dutifully go into Settings and change my PDF preferences back to Adobe, and wait for the next time it happens. Sometimes I'll go weeks without this happening,...
  3. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer: Hi, I use Adobe Acrobat DC to open PDF files. Whenever Windows updates, it sets my default PDF opener to Edge. I'll dutifully go into Settings and change my PDF preferences back to Adobe, and wait for the next time it happens. Sometimes I'll go weeks without this happening,...
  4. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer instead of acrobat

Microsoft Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer instead of acrobat: Hi I am using windows 10 2004. unfortunately MS edge keep setting itself as default PDF reader instead of acrobat DC latest version. I am almost changing the default PDF app every day from setting but it changes again. Help me please....
  6. Microsoft Edge's PDF viewer lags

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge's PDF viewer lags: It a started a few updates ago, when the icon for Microsoft Edge went from an 'E' symbol to the new blue circle(?). Scrolling through a PDF file (already downloaded in the computer, not viewing from a website's link) feels horribly lag and it takes longer time than usual to...
  7. Regarding pdf viewer in new microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding pdf viewer in new microsoft edge: I have installed new edge recently and I often use edge for reading pdfs and I add notes and highlight important text while reading. I lost all this highlighted text and notes after installing new edge. The question is, is there any chance to restore previous data ? and now...
  8. Edge keeps hijacking PDF

Edge keeps hijacking PDF: Good day Support i have problem with Edge keeps on hijacking my PDF, i have tried changing the registry and set Edge to NoOpen, that did not help, i updated my windows to latest version, still having the same issue, may you please provide me with a working solution?...
  9. Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer

Edge keeps making itself the default PDF viewer: Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 1809 Installed on: 4/17/2019 OS Build: 17763.557 After going to settings and setting the default PDF viewer to Adobe Reader, then the next day, Edge is back as the default with no user intervention. This has happened twice so far in two...
  10. Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Adobe PDF viewers?: From a security standpoint, if you were to pick a PDF viewer, which one would you pick out of these two only? Edge or Adobe? Only from a security standpoint and only pick Edge or Adobe only, meaning no mentioning of other 3rd party PDF programs. 134809