Windows 10: Is there a way to keep my Windows 10 OEM key if I get rid of windows temporary on a computer

Discus and support Is there a way to keep my Windows 10 OEM key if I get rid of windows temporary on a computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm planning to wipe the hard drive on laptop clean with no OS and reinstall windows, but is there a way i can keep my OEM key if I completely wipe the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Awesome99_66, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Is there a way to keep my Windows 10 OEM key if I get rid of windows temporary on a computer

I'm planning to wipe the hard drive on laptop clean with no OS and reinstall windows, but is there a way i can keep my OEM key if I completely wipe the OS of it and reinstall?

:)

Awesome99_66, Jun 14, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 14, 2020
  3. OneMoar Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

indeed OEM's have embedded keys a OEM upgrade is for machines with OEM copies and DO NOT COME WITH A KEY! sadly many vendors confuse the two because pre-windows 10 'OEM" came with a key
    a end user should always buy a Retail OR "System builder OEM" copy when it comes to windows 10 system builder is not `OEM` you can blame microsoft for the retarded terminology screw up

it sounds like the op bought a pirated copy with no key microsoft does not ship windows 10 on optical disks .... they use flash drives

OneMoar, Jun 14, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Is there a way to keep my Windows 10 OEM key if I get rid of windows temporary on a computer

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to keep my Windows 10 OEM key if I get rid of windows temporary on a computer

1. Is there a way to keep my Windows 10 OEM key if I get rid of windows temporary on a computer - Similar Threads - keep OEM key

2. I keep getting logged into a temporary account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting logged into a temporary account: My computer has kept logging me into a temporary account and I can't access my actual account, I've tried searching it up but nothing made any sense and I really want my account back without factory resetting it...
  3. I keep getting logged into a temporary account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting logged into a temporary account: My computer has kept logging me into a temporary account and I can't access my actual account, I've tried searching it up but nothing made any sense and I really want my account back without factory resetting it...
  4. Popup keeps showing up on my windows 10 computer. How can I get rid of it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Popup keeps showing up on my windows 10 computer. How can I get rid of it?: The popup below keeps showing up on my windows 10 computer. I close it and it opens right back up. How do I get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popup-keeps-showing-up-on-my-windows-10-computer/3f293502-3895-44e0-a154-fec351d55fc8
  5. Windows 10 OEM KEYS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM KEYS: I bought windows 10 OEM key. Also, it enabled Windows 10, OEM keys official? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-oem-keys/5b87cf87-aa84-40c5-97bc-8de78d3932f0
  6. Windows 10 OEM KEYS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 OEM KEYS: I bought windows 10 OEM key. Also, it enabled Windows 10, OEM keys official? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-oem-keys/5b87cf87-aa84-40c5-97bc-8de78d3932f0
  7. Windows 10 OEM KEYS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Is there any way to re-use a OEM Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there any way to re-use a OEM Windows 10 Product Key: I am currently in the process of building a new gaming pc. I'm on a budget and don't want to have to purchase a whole new Windows 10 Product Key as they can get quite expensive. I was able to retrieve my product key using a command in the Command Prompt thingy. I want to make...
  9. Can't get rid of temporary files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get rid of temporary files: I have 13.0 GB left in temporary files after doing a cleanup. This all happened after having usual problems following an update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-rid-of-temporary-files/87a43279-8f1b-457f-976c-8efcecdfb15e"
  10. Windows 10 OEM key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM key: I have bought a notebook with preinstalled Windows 10 Home Single Language OEM. Can a Windows 10 Home (without "Single Language") activated with that OEM key? Sorry for my bad english Thanks...