Windows 10: Is there a way to keep taskbar always on desktop but auto-hide when in full-window mode?

Discus and support Is there a way to keep taskbar always on desktop but auto-hide when in full-window mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; my question is as i mentioned on my title. submitted by /u/AR_wli [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AR_wli, Apr 16, 2020.

1. /u/AR_wli Win User

Is there a way to keep taskbar always on desktop but auto-hide when in full-window mode?

my question is as i mentioned on my title.

submitted by /u/AR_wli
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AR_wli, Apr 16, 2020

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 23, 2020
  3. ticoneva Win User
    how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

I wrote a little application to auto-hide the taskbar on my tablets and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. In particular, I want the taskbar to hide in landscape mode where vertical space is precious, but not in portrait mode where there is plenty of vertical space.

Features of the application:

• Auto-hide taskbar can be turned on or off independently for each combination of tablet mode and screen orientation.
    • Install for all users.
    • Free and open source.
    The application can be downloaded here:
    http://.com/software/

ticoneva, May 23, 2020
  4. Is there a way to keep taskbar always on desktop but auto-hide when in full-window mode?

Auto hide taskbar not working

Hi Susan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about auto-hiding Taskbar on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to Taskbar settings, try the below and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties
    • Under Taskbar tab, check mark the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to keep taskbar always on desktop but auto-hide when in full-window mode?

1. Is there a way to keep taskbar always on desktop but auto-hide when in full-window mode? - Similar Threads - keep taskbar always

2. "Always, hide label" for taskbar continually reverts to "When taskbar is full"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Always, hide label" for taskbar continually reverts to "When taskbar is full": My taskbar icons about every 10-15 minutes goes from hidden labels to visible labels with no prompting. I continually have to go into taskbar settings to change the Combine taskbar buttons setting. This continues to happen even when I have locked my taskbar and had it...
  3. "Always, hide label" for taskbar continually reverts to "When taskbar is full"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Always, hide label" for taskbar continually reverts to "When taskbar is full": My taskbar icons about every 10-15 minutes goes from hidden labels to visible labels with no prompting. I continually have to go into taskbar settings to change the Combine taskbar buttons setting. This continues to happen even when I have locked my taskbar and had it...
  4. "Always, hide label" for taskbar continually reverts to "When taskbar is full"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there any way to auto-hide the taskbar when a window is open but have it always showing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to auto-hide the taskbar when a window is open but have it always showing...: The title says it all. I'd like the taskbar to be hidden when a window is open and for it to come back (and stay back) when nothing is open/when everything is minimized. Like how Chrome OS does it. I don't mind installing additional software although I'd prefer not to if it...
  6. Is there any way to hide taskbar only when on desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to hide taskbar only when on desktop?: I think it would look really good with Wallpaper Engine and even regular wallpapers. submitted by /u/Ilija64 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g97umd/is_there_any_way_to_hide_taskbar_only_when_on/
  7. Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode: I have a Surface Book 2 and I set Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to On in Settings ->Taskbar, but it reverts itself to Off. Is there a permanent fix to this?...
  8. Is there a way to *completely* auto-hide the Taskbar?

Is there a way to *completely* auto-hide the Taskbar?: Hi, I use my PC only for entertainment - gaming and watching TV shows and movies. That means that I only use the big screen, which is a plasma, and as you're probably aware, plasmas have the burn-in issue. So I enabled the Auto-hide taskbar function, but it still shows...
  9. Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, the taskbar is located at the bottom of your screen(s) in Windows. You can set to auto-hide...
  10. taskbar won't hide when in full screen mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar won't hide when in full screen mode.: I watch a lot of movies on my laptop and was in the middle of watching one today but paused it b/c I had to do something. I closed all windows and put my laptop to sleep. When I came back a little later, I resumed watching the movie but out of nowhere, I couldn't get my...