Windows 10: Is there a way to keep the taskbar icons organized?

Discus and support Is there a way to keep the taskbar icons organized? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'd like to keep my launch icons close to the start menu so that when an app is launched, its window would fall to the right of the launch icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fulltimedigitalnomad, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Is there a way to keep the taskbar icons organized?

I'd like to keep my launch icons close to the start menu so that when an app is launched, its window would fall to the right of the launch icons (unless the icon is of the launched app). Much like Win7.

What happens now with the Nov19 update (but not limited to), my icons get re-arranged. I constantly have to hunt for the icon on the taskbar among all the other open windows for the app I want to start.

I'm looking for a sticky feature to keep the fucking god damn son-of-a-bitch in place and not play a game of hide and seek 50 times a day.

Any tips to have an organized taskbar in Win10?

submitted by /u/fulltimedigitalnomad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fulltimedigitalnomad, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Is there a way to keep the taskbar icons organized?

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to keep the taskbar icons organized?

1. Is there a way to keep the taskbar icons organized? - Similar Threads - keep taskbar icons

2. Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?: So i was recently trying to clean up my desktop as you can tell I probably needed it when I got the idea to add transparent squares on top of my background so I could sort my desktop icons while still being able to see my background. However, the desktop icons touches the...
  3. Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?: So i was recently trying to clean up my desktop as you can tell I probably needed it when I got the idea to add transparent squares on top of my background so I could sort my desktop icons while still being able to see my background. However, the desktop icons touches the...
  4. Is there a way to keep XBox icon from reappearing in taskbar whenever booting computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to keep XBox icon from reappearing in taskbar whenever booting computer?: I have tried taskbar settings to turn this off and looked in the XBox settings, all to no avail. I can remove the icon from the taskbar, but it will reappear whenever computer is restarted. Is there not some way to prevent this? Running Win 10 on a new MSI laptop. This...
  5. Is there a way to keep XBox icon from reappearing in taskbar whenever booting computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to keep XBox icon from reappearing in taskbar whenever booting computer?: I have tried taskbar settings to turn this off and looked in the XBox settings, all to no avail. I can remove the icon from the taskbar, but it will reappear whenever computer is restarted. Is there not some way to prevent this? Running Win 10 on a new MSI laptop. This...
  6. Taskbar Icons Keep Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Keep Disappearing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Starwind_Amada [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzw79x/taskbar_icons_keep_disappearing/
  7. Is there a way to customize the system taskbar icons?

Is there a way to customize the system taskbar icons?: Like the start button, battery, Wi-Fi and so on. I've discovered how to change the time, but as far as I'm aware there's no way to change the others. I'm not talking about hiding icons, or changing program icons, but actually changing the way the system's icons look....
  8. Is there a way to change app icons on the taskbar?

Is there a way to change app icons on the taskbar?: [IMG] As you can see I have customised my taskbar's program icons so that they look neat and tidy. I am unable to change the icons for programs which are classed as 'apps' by Windows however. I have scoured Google and tried everything I can think of but I can't figure it...
  9. taskbar icons keep refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar icons keep refreshing: every so often my taskbar icons refresh (or flash once). At first I thought it was dropbox causing this so I uninstalled it, but still does it once in a while. Any thoughts? 80554
  10. Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing: I keep getting this blank document icon instead of the correct icon in Windows 10 Pro. It does happen with a few different apps but it's almost exclusively Adobe programs. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks. [img] 51212