Windows 10: Is there a way to keep windows 10 dictation from turning off everytime you press a keyboard...

Discus and support Is there a way to keep windows 10 dictation from turning off everytime you press a keyboard... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Often when using the dictation app I use keyboard buttons like. and comma and space and enter. However, whenever I press this button the dictation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/philosophyboy, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Is there a way to keep windows 10 dictation from turning off everytime you press a keyboard...

Often when using the dictation app I use keyboard buttons like. and comma and space and enter. However, whenever I press this button the dictation stops listening or in other words turns off. Is there a way to keep dictation permanently listening do me even when I'm using the keyboard along with the dictation?

submitted by /u/philosophyboy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/philosophyboy, Nov 16, 2019

2. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14198/windows-7-dictate-text-using-speech-recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Is there a way to keep windows 10 dictation from turning off everytime you press a keyboard...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to keep windows 10 dictation from turning off everytime you press a keyboard...

1. Is there a way to keep windows 10 dictation from turning off everytime you press a keyboard... - Similar Threads - keep dictation turning

2. Keyboard keeps pressing *

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keeps pressing *: I updated the keyboard driver and uninstalled and reinstalled it but it didn't fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keeps-pressing/eb0a185a-a2a1-424e-b71a-67b2a1829593
  3. Keyboard keeps pressing *

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keeps pressing *: I updated the keyboard driver and uninstalled and reinstalled it but it didn't fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keeps-pressing/eb0a185a-a2a1-424e-b71a-67b2a1829593
  4. Keyboard keeps pressing *

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dictation turns off quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dictation turns off quickly: Dictation function stops after a few words and won't turn on again. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-turns-off-quickly/88e11cea-0d6e-4d2e-9783-54b3a70b647d
  6. Dictation turns off quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictation turns off quickly: Dictation function stops after a few words and won't turn on again. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-turns-off-quickly/88e11cea-0d6e-4d2e-9783-54b3a70b647d
  7. Pressing T on the keyboard turns Airplane mode on/off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pressing T on the keyboard turns Airplane mode on/off: I'm unsure how it's happening but if I press T airplane mode goes on&off. If I press R it brings up the Brightness key & turns on the F6 button....
  8. Keyboard keep pressing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard keep pressing: My Toshiba Satellite L55-A5226 keeps pressing the "0" key again. Also it happen may 2019 to about august 2019. after about 1 year its happen again. But it will stopped only when i forcing pressed the 9, 0 and its adjacent keys. How this happen? It is sign of failure in my...
  9. Dictate- Turning off auto-capitalization

Dictate- Turning off auto-capitalization: For testing purposes, can we turn off auto-capitalization in Dictate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictate-turning-off-auto-capitalization/b25fabbf-e47b-4512-a188-50222cc350f7
  10. Dictate keeps turning off

Dictate keeps turning off: I am using word and love Dictate but it keeps turning off. I have to go back and restart it. sometimes it stays on for a whole paragraph and then sometimes I can be one or sentences in and it stops. using Windows 10 home - version 1903...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does microsoft dictation turn off after 5 seconds

2. microsoft dictate shuts off

3. dictate finction keeps turning off

4. windows dictation turns off with new paragraph,
  5. dictation turns off while in use,
  6. how to keep dicate on while switching to different application,
  7. is there a way to keep dictate from cutting off?,
  8. windows 10 dictation turns off,
  9. why does dictation on windows keep turning itself off ,
  10. windows dictation keeps turning off,
  11. how do I keep dictate on,