Windows 10: Is there a way to know if programs that are running on Windows 7 will run on Windows 10?

Discus and support Is there a way to know if programs that are running on Windows 7 will run on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am planning on upgrading a laptop for my church to Windows 10. It is currently running Windows 7 and has a couple old programs that I would prefer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeMcCollough_46, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Is there a way to know if programs that are running on Windows 7 will run on Windows 10?

I am planning on upgrading a laptop for my church to Windows 10. It is currently running Windows 7 and has a couple old programs that I would prefer to not have to upgrade because of the expense. Is there a way to tell if these programs will run on Windows 10? MY experience with updating a couple of my own systems was very favorable. All of my old apps ran fine and some of the hardware even ran better with Windows 10.

:)

JoeMcCollough_46, Dec 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Dec 6, 2018
  3. SaiZo Win User
    Is it possible to run Windows 7 from an USB stick?

No. It will run only on the media center. He wants a 32Gb USB stick to be "sure" all updates, all programs (VLC, Winamp etc.) will fit. The stick will remain in the media center all the time. The local hardware guy suggested Windows 8, but I haven't even tested that as yet. The media center can have harddrives connected to it, perhaps it would fit an SSD, but since he has a 2Tb drive already.. Why get an SSD if it can be run from an USB stick?

SaiZo, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Is there a way to know if programs that are running on Windows 7 will run on Windows 10?

Unable to run programs in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand you are unable to run some programs on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what exactly happens when you try to run the programs. Did you get any error message? Which was the previous Operating System installed on the computer?

I suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode and check if it helps, please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program

2) Click on Properties

3) Click on Compatibility tab

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly (Windows 8 or 7) from the drop down list.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Is there a way to know if programs that are running on Windows 7 will run on Windows 10?

1. Is there a way to know if programs that are running on Windows 7 will run on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - programs are running

2. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Not Running in Windows 10.: Hello,I recently upgraded my setup and that requires upgrading my version from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The problem is that the Siemens Solid Edge ST4 program, my main software, no longer runs. I know it's an old program, from 2009, but it's the one I have the license for and...
  3. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Not Running in Windows 10.: Hello,I recently upgraded my setup and that requires upgrading my version from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The problem is that the Siemens Solid Edge ST4 program, my main software, no longer runs. I know it's an old program, from 2009, but it's the one I have the license for and...
  4. Program Not Running in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Run Program on DVD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run Program on DVD in Windows 10: I have the DVD from the CompTIA Security+ SY0-401 textbook, but I cannot see any of the files, case studies, or simulation apps. Windows 10 will not even recognize the DVD at all. What do I need to do to see my DVD files?...
  6. running programs in Windows 10

running programs in Windows 10: This just started when I try to open or install a program I get message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app" . Can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-programs-in-windows-10/d24d8770-9d30-43ea-8ba0-6b71038282ed
  7. run windows xp of windows 7 program in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    run windows xp of windows 7 program in windows 10: I need to run a dbase III program on windows 10 that I used to run on windows XP and windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-windows-xp-of-windows-7-program-in-windows-10/065ac656-4fd2-476a-a1fa-b1bd1afbe24e
  8. Windows programs not running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows programs not running: My windows program not running i i experiencing this problem from one year if i wNt to run app i have to run it as admin otherwise app will not start this not happens when i i insta wi dows this starts when i run setup which i i instaed in my previous windows when i start...
  9. Programs ceasing to run? (Windows 10)

Programs ceasing to run? (Windows 10): I'm having a problem where I'm able to install and run programs on Windows 10 (Home, 64-bit)) for some length of time, and then suddenly, they don't work, even if reinstalled. The two that I fought with most on this issue (because of how useful they are to me/my family or...
  10. Program that runs a program in a window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program that runs a program in a window: Basically is there a program that will only run other programs in its window? I have a few programs that popup all the time but have poor or wonky support so I'd like to keep them minimized. Autohot key is not working BTW and most command lines are only for the first run not...