Windows 10: Is there a way to lock a second time zone to the taskbar?

Discus and support Is there a way to lock a second time zone to the taskbar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have to reference dual time zones every day multiple times for work, and have a second time zone saved. But, I have to hover over the clock in order... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Persimmon_Leaves, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Is there a way to lock a second time zone to the taskbar?

I have to reference dual time zones every day multiple times for work, and have a second time zone saved. But, I have to hover over the clock in order to see it. It's a small thing, but is there any way to lock a second timezone to the taskbar, so that I can see them both side by side?

submitted by /u/Persimmon_Leaves
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Persimmon_Leaves, Apr 14, 2020
  2. GaryLeMay Win User

Is there a way to add date & time to taskbar on second monitor?

* Original Title: Taskbar items

Is there a way to add date & time to taskbar on second monitor?

GaryLeMay, May 25, 2020
  3. B. Parker Win User
    Time Zones do not change

Hi Andre,

Thanks for taking the time to help. I appreciate it.

I opened the account on my computer which has Administrator Privileges and ran regedit.

In the first string you suggested, it was already set to NTP.

In the second string, I changed the value to 3, as instructed.

Regrettably, after the restart - the trouble is still present. The Time Zone is still stuck on the time zone of the place I started my trip from.

I opened Settings>Time and confirmed that the toggle is set to Automatically Detect/Change the Time Zone, but it clearly isn't working. Additionally, the place where it displays the Time Zone (which if you click on usually drops down a list where you can
    select a new TZ) is grayed out and not longer drops down a list if you click upon it.

Also grayed out is the toggle allowing you to choose to ignore Daylight Savings.

Hmmm. Puzzling.

B. Parker, May 25, 2020
  4. Is there a way to lock a second time zone to the taskbar?

Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to lock a second time zone to the taskbar?

1. Is there a way to lock a second time zone to the taskbar? - Similar Threads - lock second zone

2. Time Zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Zone: Windows 11 it will not let me recorrect the time zone and does not sync auto https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/b75791ad-16c4-4e0e-9f73-e3393540dfd3
  3. Windows 10 Time Zone locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Time Zone locked: My time zone is locked and when I try to change it in the control panel it gives me an error saying I need to contact my computer admin but I am the admin on my computer this is really frustrating because the time is wrong...
  4. Windows 10 Time Zone locked

Windows 10 Time Zone locked: My time zone is locked and when I try to change it in the control panel it gives me an error saying I need to contact my computer admin but I am the admin on my computer this is really frustrating because the time is wrong...
  5. Windows 10 Time Zone locked

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Time Zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Zone: Hello, the "Set the time zone automatically" is blanked out. How can it be activated?Tomas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/9b63922a-7a4a-4f9b-99f9-394b7a727372
  7. Time Zone

Time Zone: Hello, the "Set the time zone automatically" is blanked out. How can it be activated?Tomas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/9b63922a-7a4a-4f9b-99f9-394b7a727372
  8. time zone

time zone: I change the time zone but it keeps going back to the USA one, how do I change it permanently https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/157a92f4-489d-454c-b7ef-8e125040dcb2
  9. Time Zones

Time Zones: Hi, I recently realized that my computer clock was one hour behind, when I checked the time settings the time zone was central time which is not my time zone but when I changed it to eastern the settings automatically switch back to the central time zone. How can I fix this?...
  10. Time zone

Time zone: How do I change from Central Time Zone to Eastern Time Zone on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone/8ecb8683-8b71-49d5-a3e4-5bb753cae5ea