Windows 10: Is there a way to lower the contrast

Discus and support Is there a way to lower the contrast in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There seem to be a bunch of settings to increase contrast and change red/blue/greens but nothing else. I get migraines easily would love to find a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LilacWonderland, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Is there a way to lower the contrast

There seem to be a bunch of settings to increase contrast and change red/blue/greens but nothing else. I get migraines easily would love to find a way to stop whites from being so bright. Even at the lowest brightness, it's too bright (laptop).

I can go into intel display settings and lower the contrast but only by 10% which ridiculous because you can increase it 100%. I'd love to be able to lower the contrast by 20-25%.

I've tweaked the settings on my pdf viewer and browser but I'd love a solution that works on my entire computer.

Edit: I'm open to installing a program if anyone knows of a good one

submitted by /u/LilacWonderland
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LilacWonderland, Jan 31, 2021

2. how to turn off high contrast

Hi,

Follow these steps on how to turn high contrast mode on or off in Windows:

• Type "high contrast settings" in the search box, and then select High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select a high contrast theme from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn off high contrast mode, select None from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn high contrast mode on or off from the sign-in screen, select the Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner and choose High Contrast.
    • To turn high contrast on or off from the keyboard, press left Alt + left Shift + Print
      Screen.

Keep us updated with the result.

Marvin Barc, Jan 31, 2021
  3. File Explorer Selective High Contrast mode

Hello Kacson, my name is Paul one of the community experts. I am sorry that you are having issues with your visual settings that is stuck in High Contrast Mode.

Kindly try these steps to check if it can resolve the issue.

Way 1: Turn High Contrast off via keyboard shortcut.

Press left Shift+left Alt+Print Screen to instantly turn it off.

Way 2: Turn off High Contrast through changing the theme.

Step 1: Enter theme in the search box and click Change the theme in the result.

Step 2: Choose a new theme from the offered themes excluding the High Contrast themes.

Way 3: Turn High Contrast off in High contrast settings.

Step 1: Type high contrast in the search box and tap High contrast settings in the result.

Step 2: Click the High Contrast theme (i.e. High Contrast #1, High Contrast #2, High Contrast Black or High Contrast White), choose None in the pop-up list and then hit Apply.

Please let me know if that above information's helped or not.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Is there a way to lower the contrast

i have messed up with my display settings in widows 10. the contrast level has gone high,want to fix it needed help

Hello Amey,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Type “high contrast settings” into the search box, then select
      High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select None from the drop-down menu, then select
      Apply.
    Check and let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to lower the contrast

1. Is there a way to lower the contrast - Similar Threads - lower contrast

2. How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop with Ryzen 5 4600H + GTX 1650 Ti and 120hz screen. I'm glad that the screen is always operating as the spec said, 120 hz. The issue is I cannot find any option to lower the screen Refresh Rate RR for short. Why do I want to lower my...
  3. How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 laptop with Ryzen 5 4600H + GTX 1650 Ti and 120hz screen. I'm glad that the screen is always operating as the spec said, 120 hz. The issue is I cannot find any option to lower the screen Refresh Rate RR for short. Why do I want to lower my...
  4. How to lower my laptop refresh rate when there is no other option in windows setting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...: I am running windows 11 enterprise and I can no longer pull up the calendar when clicking the date and time in the lower right hand corner of the screen. If this is a bug fix it! If its working as intended then bring the functionality back!...
  6. Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...

Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...: I am running windows 11 enterprise and I can no longer pull up the calendar when clicking the date and time in the lower right hand corner of the screen. If this is a bug fix it! If its working as intended then bring the functionality back!...
  7. Increasing my refresh rate lowers my resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing my refresh rate lowers my resolution: When i increase my refresh rate in the setting from 60hz to 120hz which is the max my resolution lowers to 1440 * 900. This is new and i cant fix it....
  8. Increasing my refresh rate lowers my resolution

Increasing my refresh rate lowers my resolution: When i increase my refresh rate in the setting from 60hz to 120hz which is the max my resolution lowers to 1440 * 900. This is new and i cant fix it....
  9. windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING": hi i have major issues windows 11 with my audio being taken over whenever a audio voice channel is open despite deactivating sound communication to "do nothing" when a voice channel is detected. drivers are up to date. its not just one particular app. you can have spotify or...
  10. windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING"

windows 11 Audio lowering sound when on voice channel when communication set to "DO NOTHING": hi i have major issues windows 11 with my audio being taken over whenever a audio voice channel is open despite deactivating sound communication to "do nothing" when a voice channel is detected. drivers are up to date. its not just one particular app. you can have spotify or...