Windows 10: Is there a way to make a drive only a boot drive?

Discus and support Is there a way to make a drive only a boot drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a 60gb ssd that I use for boot, but it probably can't fit any programs, so I'm looking for a way to keep it a boot drive, and not the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TostiWee, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Is there a way to make a drive only a boot drive?

I have a 60gb ssd that I use for boot, but it probably can't fit any programs, so I'm looking for a way to keep it a boot drive, and not the default drive for all programs. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/TostiWee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TostiWee, Sep 6, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Can't boot from DVD drive

Is your controller in RAID/AHCI modes? If so, the DVD drive will be listed as a separate device in the list of available boot devices, not as "CDROM". Remember that when setting boot device priority. Otherwise, read the manual to see which hotkey during POST brings up the boot menu that lets you select which device to boot from. Even here, the drive will be listed separately, and not as "CDROM".

btarunr, Sep 6, 2020
  3. little cat, Sep 6, 2020
  4. OnBoard Win User

Is there a way to make a drive only a boot drive?

P55A UD3 Problem Booting DVD Drive

You went to bios and selected the dvd drive as first boot up ?) cd-rom doesn't cut it, has to be that exact drive from the list.

OnBoard, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to make a drive only a boot drive?

1. Is there a way to make a drive only a boot drive? - Similar Threads - drive boot drive

2. Is there a way I can make my secondary storage a primary by not making it the boot drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way I can make my secondary storage a primary by not making it the boot drive?: Other than going to window settings clicking system then storage then "change where new content is saved" because even that doesnt help i need my secondary hard drive to be my primary storage hdd through file explorer not windows settings. Do I need to upgrade to windows 11?...
  3. Is there a way I can make my secondary storage a primary by not making it the boot drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way I can make my secondary storage a primary by not making it the boot drive?: Other than going to window settings clicking system then storage then "change where new content is saved" because even that doesnt help i need my secondary hard drive to be my primary storage hdd through file explorer not windows settings. Do I need to upgrade to windows 11?...
  4. Is there a way I can make my secondary storage a primary by not making it the boot drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows will not boot unless Boot drive is the only drive connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows will not boot unless Boot drive is the only drive connected: This is a follow up to problems that i was experienced in this post. https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lmsr44/is_there_any_way_to_fix_this_reboot_and_select/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf I was able to get the problem fixed, but now it is...
  6. Making my SSD the boot drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Making my SSD the boot drive: I want to make my new SSD my boot drive and I think to do that I have to install windows 10 on it, select it as the boot drive in bios and that should be it, right? I've already formatted it so I'm not worried about that Before I make a mistake though I wanted to get my...
  7. Is there a way to make 1 windows 10 drive that can boot uefi and legacy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make 1 windows 10 drive that can boot uefi and legacy?: Right now I have 2 separate windows 10 drives. 1 boots uefi the other legacy. So was wondering if I can somehow make 1 drive with both capabilities. submitted by /u/Ok_Help_2230 [link] [comments]...
  8. How to make drive boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make drive boot: I recently posted a thread where I had "bricked" my PC by messing about with Acronis Disk Director 12.5. I thought I'd lost the BIOS, somehow. I hadn't. The problem now is to get the HDD to boot Win10 with that same PC. When installed, the PC shows no HDD present but, if I...
  9. How to make drive boot

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make drive boot: I recently posted a thread where I had "bricked" my PC by messing about with Acronis Disk Director 12.5. I thought I'd lost the BIOS, somehow. I hadn't. The problem now is to get the HDD to boot Win10 with that same PC. When installed, the PC shows no HDD present but, if I...
  10. USB locked "Read Only" after making to active (boot) drive in Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB locked "Read Only" after making to active (boot) drive in Win10: Have tried many suggestions to clear this. Using DISKPART can clear read only for files but drive remains "Read Only" Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.885] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>diskpart.exe Microsoft DiskPart...