Windows 10: Is there a way to make a laptop computer less sensitive?

Discus and support Is there a way to make a laptop computer less sensitive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! Is there any good way to make a laptop computer screen less sensitive? I think all of our laptop computers react faster than we'd like. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DebbyJ, Nov 4, 2020.

1. DebbyJ Win User

Is there a way to make a laptop computer less sensitive?

Hi! Is there any good way to make a laptop computer screen less sensitive? I think all of our laptop computers react faster than we'd like. The computer screen zooms big sometimes, for example - simply by rubbing one's finger across the touchpad. Or misspells words, due to jumping around in a sentence that is being typed.
    I have more trouble with that with this laptop than others I have. This is a Dell Inspiron type. Thanks!

:)

DebbyJ, Nov 4, 2020

2. Keyboard sensitivity issue

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this, i have a computer that has a keyboard sensitivity issue only in File Explorer.

this is a Windows 10 Enterprise laptop. This occurs with built in keyboard and when an external keyboard is used.

This sensitivity is not an issue in Applications such as Microsoft Word 2016 or notepad.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Windowsfree, Nov 4, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Problem with mouse sensitivity.

We appreciate your response. Since all possible troubleshooting steps have been exhausted, what we would suggest next for you is to uninstall the latest update. Once the update has been uninstalled, kindly check if the sensitivity of your mouse improves.
    Here are the steps to uninstall the latest update:

• Open Settings.
    • Go to Update and Security and select Windows Update.
    • Select View installed update history.
    • Choose the latest update and select uninstall.

Let us know how it turns out.

John Vil, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Is there a way to make a laptop computer less sensitive?

Decrease Touchpad Sensitivity

Hello Pete,

There is a possibility that you're experiencing this issue due a touchpad driver problem. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us what is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried updating the touchpad driver on your device? If not, we suggest that you update it by following the steps
      here on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

Meanwhile, we advise that you try the steps provided by Pawan Dhondiyal in this
    article on how to adjust the touch sensitivity of your device.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to make a laptop computer less sensitive?

1. Is there a way to make a laptop computer less sensitive? - Similar Threads - laptop computer less

2. my mouse curser sensitivity is at minimum. and it's way too sensitive. Tecknet mouse and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse curser sensitivity is at minimum. and it's way too sensitive. Tecknet mouse and...: I said my mouses cursor is too sensitive. Even with it set to zero speed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-curser-sensitivity-is-at-minimum-and-its/34603651-29fa-4a64-9e7a-22e65b7b8b2a
  3. my mouse curser sensitivity is at minimum. and it's way too sensitive. Tecknet mouse and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my mouse curser sensitivity is at minimum. and it's way too sensitive. Tecknet mouse and...: I said my mouses cursor is too sensitive. Even with it set to zero speed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-curser-sensitivity-is-at-minimum-and-its/34603651-29fa-4a64-9e7a-22e65b7b8b2a
  4. my mouse curser sensitivity is at minimum. and it's way too sensitive. Tecknet mouse and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Making the system disk case-sensitive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making the system disk case-sensitive: Windows 10 allows you to set NTFS to case-sensitive on a per-folder basis using setCaseSensitiveInfo (powershell command). Question is: Is it safe to do this for the whole system disk? The reasoning is that although I don't care whether OS files are case-sensitive or not,...
  6. Is there a way to make the windows logon GUI application uses less CPU?

Is there a way to make the windows logon GUI application uses less CPU?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SWAGNEMITE_1309 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ju0tcb/is_there_a_way_to_make_the_windows_logon_gui/
  7. Are there any ways to make high-DPI scailing less crappy yet?

Are there any ways to make high-DPI scailing less crappy yet?: I tried ti again today after waiting around two years to see if Microsoft improved the setting at all, and I'm still so disappointed. It still makes some apps look terrible, it still causes my mouse DPI to increase for no reason, and it also messes with the icon layout on the...
  8. My microphone is way too sensitive

My microphone is way too sensitive: Hi, For the past month, i've been experiencing issues with my microphone Rode nt USB It is way too sensitive. It pucks up absolutely everything especially my pc fans so i allways have a background noise and the level of the mic isn't very high even at 100% i've had this mic...
  9. Down arrow key is suddenly way too sensitive

Down arrow key is suddenly way too sensitive: The down arrow key on my laptop's keyboard is suddenly way too sensitive and has become unusable. If I simply rest my finger on it, it behaves as if I pressed it. If I actually press and let go of it, it behaves as if I'm holding it and prevents me from moving my cursor or...
  10. Laptop pointer too sensitive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop pointer too sensitive: The pointer on my Asus laptop suddenly became overly sensitive today. I changed the setting to the lowest sensitivity, but the pointer is still way too sensitive. I makes unselected windows come up constantly. Running Windows 10. Is there a fix for this ? Help will be...