Windows 10: Is there a way to make all apps within a folder to run elevated?

Discus and support Is there a way to make all apps within a folder to run elevated? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My question has to do with the folder SysInternals Suite. There are about 150 executable files in that folder. Is there a cmd prompt I can run that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardC, May 29, 2019.

1. RichardC Win User

Is there a way to make all apps within a folder to run elevated?

My question has to do with the folder SysInternals Suite. There are about 150 executable files in that folder. Is there a cmd prompt I can run that would make all the executables in the folder run with administrative rights? Rather than individually.

:)

RichardC, May 29, 2019
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Split Steam app folder between 2 HDD?

As the title suggests I want to find out if there's a way I can split my steam app folder on to 2 drives, specifically an SSD that I will be putting my OS and most used games and apps and a regular HDD for everything else?

NdMk2o1o, May 29, 2019
  3. Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, May 29, 2019
  4. f14tomcat Win User

How to set up elevated process to run at user logon?

That's why I suggested the Start Folder using Shawn's tut. It wouldn't be the user running it then, it would be Explorer. It's not uncommon for other vendors to place startup entries there in order to run with privilege. I'm only offering an alternative way of trying it to see if it fits his needs and his organizations policies, while maintaining control. A standard user (un-priviledged) would not be able to alter the entry in the Start Folder. And no button to push.

These two lines from the tutorial tell me only an Admin could add/delete/modify these entries, and the standard user would have no input or choice....it would just run.

NOTE: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this step.
    A) In File Explorer, navigate to the step 4 below.

f14tomcat, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Is there a way to make all apps within a folder to run elevated? - Similar Threads - apps within folder

2. How to show all the nested folders within a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to show all the nested folders within a folder: The guidance I have found online does not work. In Win11 File explorer I want to show the full tree of the folder structure without having to expand each of the first tier sub folders. Seems like a reasonable request, but cannot figure it out : The show all folders setting in...
  3. How to show all the nested folders within a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show all the nested folders within a folder: The guidance I have found online does not work. In Win11 File explorer I want to show the full tree of the folder structure without having to expand each of the first tier sub folders. Seems like a reasonable request, but cannot figure it out : The show all folders setting in...
  4. Is there a way to run all apps on dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to run all apps on dedicated GPU: Hello, I recently got a gaming laptop but realized I had to manually set the performance mode I wish the application to utilize. It's set on the GPU but I want all programs to run on the dedicated GPU, is there one application that if I set to the dedicated GPU, includes all...
  5. Is there a quick way to rename all files within a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a quick way to rename all files within a folder?: Is there a quick way to rename files within a folder? In my situation, all of the files have a date, that I update quarterly. Currently, I painstakingly select F2, End, and then rename the part of the date portion. So for example, if the folder had 12 files consisting of...
  6. Is there a way to make all possible resolutions my monitor is capable of running in the...

Is there a way to make all possible resolutions my monitor is capable of running in the...: After reaching the Windows Settings program, I have to click on "Advanced display settings". Then I have to click on my display adapter properties, and then I have to click another button which displays all modes my monitor is capable of in order to change my resolution to...
  7. Is there a way to make all possible resolutions my monitor is capable of running in the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to make all possible resolutions my monitor is capable of running in the...: After reaching the Windows Settings program, I have to click on "Advanced display settings". Then I have to click on my display adapter properties, and then I have to click another button which displays all modes my monitor is capable of in order to change my resolution to...
  8. Is there any way to organize "All Apps" into folders with sub-folders?

Is there any way to organize "All Apps" into folders with sub-folders?: I just upgraded my main machine to Win 10 and "All Apps" is a mess. I had my Win 7 start menu organized in folder groupings that made sense to me. Folders for the main program types, "Applications", "Games", "Internet", etc. Each of those had sub-folders for the individual...
  9. Is there a Permanent way to make All Folder view Dark mod?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a Permanent way to make All Folder view Dark mod?: Is there a Perment way to make All Folder view Dark mod? 146686
  10. Mail App - is there a way to mark a folder 'all read'?

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App - is there a way to mark a folder 'all read'?: Like it says in the title. If such functionality exists, I can't find it. Also, is there a way to check all the items in a folder for a bulk action? Seems like you have to check them one by one - ugh. 7479