Windows 10: Is there a way to make an account an admin account without having access to the password of...

Discus and support Is there a way to make an account an admin account without having access to the password of... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am unable to login to my local admin account due to a password change gone wrong and have been operating from a secondary account since then,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trevorteam, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Is there a way to make an account an admin account without having access to the password of...

I am unable to login to my local admin account due to a password change gone wrong and have been operating from a secondary account since then, however, not being able to install new programs is starting to be a hindrance and I would like to know if there’s a way I can make my secondary account administrator.

submitted by /u/trevorteam
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trevorteam, Oct 27, 2020
  2. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Lost password on an Old Account, any way to merge accounts?

Site was pwnd not so long ago resulting in a general member password reset
    so unless you reset your password since then your old account password wont work.
    Try contacting one of the admins to see if they can help you out

dorsetknob, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Vario Win User

Is there a way to make an account an admin account without having access to the password of...

Lost password on an Old Account, any way to merge accounts?

Hi Guys,

I posted here as Vario back in 2005-2008. Subsequently no longer have my college email address and do not remember the password I used for the Vario account. I can't request the reset be sent because I don't have access to the college email anymore. The University deletes the old accounts after graduation.

Any way I can merge these two accounts? I can try to provide proof that I own that account if you want but not sure how. The last time I logged in was in 2008 so its been quite some time.

I can keep trying old passwords to get in but the site popped up a warning after I did it too frequently.

Thanks.

Vario, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to make an account an admin account without having access to the password of...

1. Is there a way to make an account an admin account without having access to the password of... - Similar Threads - account admin account

2. How do I make a normal user account/create an admin account without admin rights?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make a normal user account/create an admin account without admin rights?: Hello! I would just like to ask the question, how do I create an admin account without admin rights? Keep in mind I do not have a USB to install other software on. If someone could help me with this, feel free to ask questions to help you answer the question. Thank you!...
  3. How to make an app run without admin on a Child account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make an app run without admin on a Child account: I want my Msi Afterburner to run without the need to log into admin. Its a standard account so it doesn't have admin. And I'll be forgetting my password for admin forever so I just need to figure out how to make certain apps launch without the need of admin. Please help...
  4. Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights

Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights: I have dual booted my MacBook Pro. In windows 10 I logged in as Admin and removed the account from membership tabs...So I am left only with standard user....Now I can not do any activity wherein admin rights are required.. I tried everything but not able to get back admin...
  5. Forgot password to admin account, is there any way to reset it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgot password to admin account, is there any way to reset it?: So I haven't used my laptop in a while and have 2 accounts on it - one as administrator and the other is a general account. I forgot the password to the admin account and I'm not able to download any apps (from the general account) or anything without the admin's permission....
  6. Change admin account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change admin account password: I am running WIN10 build 18362. I have the admin PW (not my MS account PW) so can login. I wish to change the admin PW. There are no other accounts on the machine. How can I make the change?...
  7. Don't have access to admin account.

Don't have access to admin account.: I recently got a new computer from a friend of mine at school (it runs windows 10). I was able to login to his account but i cannot wipe or add accounts because his fathers account is admin. I have tried to add the built in admin through the command screen but it gives me an...
  8. launching app on non admin account without entering admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    launching app on non admin account without entering admin password: Hello, I have at startup programs which require to enter administrator password for each, (i am on non admin account), i want to start them without entering administrator password everytime. i tried this solution from latest post using task sheduler How to allow a user to...
  9. lanching app on non admin account without entering admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lanching app on non admin account without entering admin password: Hello, I have at startup programs which require to enter administrator password for each, (i am on non admin account), i want to start them without entering administrator password everytime. i tried this solution from latest post using task sheduler How to allow a user to...
  10. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...