Windows 10: Is there a way to make fullscreen games occupy the entire screen?

Discus and support Is there a way to make fullscreen games occupy the entire screen? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I play an older game which works in full screen in a small resolution like 1366x768 or something similar. As it is right now, the game only takes up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adam Wójcik, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Is there a way to make fullscreen games occupy the entire screen?

I play an older game which works in full screen in a small resolution like 1366x768 or something similar. As it is right now, the game only takes up a small area in the center of the screen, where ideally I'd like it to be the whole height of the screen with black bars on the sides. Attached is a photo of what the game looks like right now, my monitor's resolution is 1920x1080.

:)

Adam Wójcik, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.

Hi Syrius,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have clarity on this issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with the following information.

• Is the issue specific to a game or does it occur on all the games?
    • Is the issue specific to only games or does it occur while playing full screen videos?

If the issue occurs while playing videos in full screen, you may want to uninstall and reinstall the video card drivers to see if it helps.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device manager.

• Expand Display Adapters, right click on your video card driver and choose
      Uninstall.
    • Check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the machine for Windows to automatically reinstall the drivers.

If the issue is specific to games, it could be a compatibility issue. I suggest you to refer to the article
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows and run the games
    in compatibility mode to see if it helps.

If the issue persists, it could be due to the full screen optimization. As you’ve already updated the drivers, I would suggest you to disable the same and check if it works.

• Open Settings and go to System > Display.
    • On the right pane, click on the Advanced graphics settings
      hyperlink.
    • Uncheck Enable fullscreen optimizations
      and exit Settings.
    • Restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 6, 2021
  3. Record entire screen using Game Bar

Hello everyone, my challenge is how to make the game (screen) recorder to capture whatever/everything/anything that is being done on my screen. So far I have observed that the Win+G function only captures what is being done only on
    the active window when the function was launched.

For instance, when screenshotting, there are two basic ways namely:

• Screenshot of active window only = Alt + PrtScr
    • Screenshot of entire screen = PrtScr
    I'm looking for the screen video recording equivalent of these two commands (if such exist). Does anyone know a command that will allow a user to record video of the entire screen, or do I have to rely on a third-party application to
    do that?

***Modified title from: Issue with Screen Recording using "Win + G" (video game recorder) function***

Ahmad Dan-Hamidu, Dec 6, 2021
  4. Is there a way to make fullscreen games occupy the entire screen?

PC games not in fullscreen in Windows 10

UPDATE

I shut down my computer last night and lost all previous settings.

I set size back to 125% and Display setting to 1440 x 900 and then restarted (not shutdown) my computer and was able to play games in fullscreen again after I turned the fullscreen option on, in the game.

In response to the following post, I have a Dell S2340M monitor and it's not getting any bars around it, the game is covering the entire screen. Hope you find a solution.

knitwear853, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to make fullscreen games occupy the entire screen?

1. Is there a way to make fullscreen games occupy the entire screen? - Similar Threads - fullscreen games occupy

2. Is there a way to make fullscreen games occupy the entire screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to make fullscreen games occupy the entire screen?: I play an older game which works in full screen in a small resolution like 1366x768 or something similar. As it is right now, the game only takes up a small area in the center of the screen, where ideally I'd like it to be the whole height of the screen with black bars on the...
  3. Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?: Sometimes when I play a fullscreen game,then I just want to minimize it to do something else shortly. Win+D doesn't work for every game,sometimes it just freezes the game. I also tried borderless gaming so that I can make all fullscreen games borderless windowed so that I...
  4. I can't make this app go fullscreen. Is there any way to force it into fullscreen mode? I...

I can't make this app go fullscreen. Is there any way to force it into fullscreen mode? I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/capitalisthuman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjl69a/i_cant_make_this_app_go_fullscreen_is_there_any/
  5. Is there a way to make Windows 10 write thumbnails for an entire drive?

Is there a way to make Windows 10 write thumbnails for an entire drive?: I have a large video library on a NAS device mounted in Windows 10. Viewing directories for the first time takes a while as Explorer writes the thumbnails for the video. Is there a way to make Windows write thumbnails in advance? submitted by /u/dendriti [link] [comments]...
  6. shortcut for making window occupy one half the screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    shortcut for making window occupy one half the screen?: On Windows, whats the shortcut for making a window occupy one half of the screen (left or right) and also going back to the original size screen? 165555
  7. short cut for making window occupy one half the screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    short cut for making window occupy one half the screen?: On Windows, whats the shortcut for making a window occupy one half of the screen (left or right) and also going back to the original size screen? 165555
  8. Black screen in games when fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen in games when fullscreen: Hello, i just downloaded windows 10 latest update and updated drivers, but then i started playing. I got black screen when in fullscreen but not in windowed....
  9. Windows Updates occupying entire system disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Updates occupying entire system disc: I have a Lenovo ideated 110s. I can't install updates on the computer due to insufficient space. I have deleted everything that I could but there is still insufficient space. I found that there is multiple gigabytes of previous windows updates that are occupying most of my...
  10. Update makes games take up entire CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update makes games take up entire CPU: I usually go to bed around 9:30 EST on Tuesdays, and when I get back home around 2 PM Wednesday after waking up, my PC has restarted most weeks, without my consent, as usual. I believe this is the Tuesday patch. However, the past update made any games I play take up my entire...