Windows 10: Is there a way to make it so you yo require Admin password to download things.

Discus and support Is there a way to make it so you yo require Admin password to download things. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my little brother is getting a computer but with all devices he never really checks what he downloads, so me and my mother though about making it so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpookySquid19, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Is there a way to make it so you yo require Admin password to download things.

So my little brother is getting a computer but with all devices he never really checks what he downloads, so me and my mother though about making it so he needs my mother to type a password to allow something to be downloaded from the internet. Is this possible?

submitted by /u/SpookySquid19
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpookySquid19, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Admin Password . . .

Just about everything I want to do . . . Requires me to login as the Admin. I read that to create the Admin password, you need

a USB Drive. Well, I got one now. Could someone give me step by step instructions, on how to do it.

Tell me what the password needs, like, how long and which characters, etc. I've gotten good answers from this Forum!

And look forward to doing the things that require Admin rights.

Thanks for reading . . . Jerry

Jerry_Dwyer, Dec 21, 2020
  4. freeboy Win User

Is there a way to make it so you yo require Admin password to download things.

admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to make it so you yo require Admin password to download things.

1. Is there a way to make it so you yo require Admin password to download things. - Similar Threads - require Admin password

2. why is Windows 11 making things more difficult in so many ways

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is Windows 11 making things more difficult in so many ways: I have just ''upgraded'' to a new windows laptop running windows 11, I now cannot post comments on MSN, can type into the comments box but it simply will not post when send is pressed, also I cannot send any attachments successfully atached to emails in outlook live, any...
  3. why is Windows 11 making things more difficult in so many ways

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is Windows 11 making things more difficult in so many ways: I have just ''upgraded'' to a new windows laptop running windows 11, I now cannot post comments on MSN, can type into the comments box but it simply will not post when send is pressed, also I cannot send any attachments successfully atached to emails in outlook live, any...
  4. Why does making a password reset disc require you to know the forgotten password? It makes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does making a password reset disc require you to know the forgotten password? It makes...: So, my grandpa reset his computer’s password today, and immediately forgot it. It is the LOCAL password for the computer itself, has nothing at all to do with any Microsoft accounts. He doesn’t have a windows 10 install disc, and I don’t know what’s so hard for Microsoft to...
  5. Is there a way to make an account an admin account without having access to the password of...

Is there a way to make an account an admin account without having access to the password of...: I am unable to login to my local admin account due to a password change gone wrong and have been operating from a secondary account since then, however, not being able to install new programs is starting to be a hindrance and I would like to know if there’s a way I can make...
  6. Admin Password to download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Password to download: Can't download software because of forgotten Admin Password. Is there a way to retrieve or reset the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-to-download/ce853364-ee76-4cbb-ae10-c4388ff36e38
  7. Is there a way to make Chrome not a separate thing?

Is there a way to make Chrome not a separate thing?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/james_lightning [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghlray/is_there_a_way_to_make_chrome_not_a_separate_thing/
  8. STOP requiring a password to download things

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STOP requiring a password to download things: I share a desktop with my family and I am the administrator. We all have our own accounts and own passwords. None of the other users are able to download anything without entering MY password... How do I stop this, and allow them to download things... Every download gets...
  9. Changing app settings so it doesn't require admin password to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing app settings so it doesn't require admin password to run: Hello all, I normally use a mac so am not proficient on Windows anymore. I have a PC in one of my classrooms running windows 10. I installed an app while logged in as administrator. Another user logged on and wanted to use the app, but it asked for an admin password. How do I...
  10. Admin password required for sign-in password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339