Windows 10: Is there a way to make the default Task Manager dark mode?

Discus and support Is there a way to make the default Task Manager dark mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xnevenx [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xnevenx, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Is there a way to make the default Task Manager dark mode?

/u/xnevenx, Jul 8, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Is there a way to make the default Task Manager dark mode? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Task Manager

Hi Marjorie,

Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.
    To access the Task Manager directly in Windows 10, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. This is the Task Manager shortcut in Windows 10.

Furthermore, to change your default browser, we suggest that you follow the steps from this article:

Change your default browser in Windows 10

Feel free to post back should you have further concerns.

Melowin Mar, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Is there a way to make the default Task Manager dark mode?

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to make the default Task Manager dark mode?

1. Is there a way to make the default Task Manager dark mode? - Similar Threads - default Task Manager

2. Task Manager Dark Mode not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Task Manager Dark Mode not working in Windows 11: [IMG]Some Windows users reported that changing the Task Manager to dark mode has no effect on its appearance. More often than not, the peculiarity is caused after an update. In this post, we will discuss this issue in detail and see what can be done if Task Manager’s Dark...
  3. Dark mode for task manager not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark mode for task manager not working on windows 11: I have dark mode enabled for my windows 11 pc. There are no updates available. Every application is in dark theme and task manager still runs in light theme. I would like my task manager to be in dark mode too. How can I do this? I've already tried every suggestion on this...
  4. Dark mode for task manager not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark mode for task manager not working on windows 11: I have dark mode enabled for my windows 11 pc. There are no updates available. Every application is in dark theme and task manager still runs in light theme. I would like my task manager to be in dark mode too. How can I do this? I've already tried every suggestion on this...
  5. Task Manager Light/Dark Mode Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Light/Dark Mode Bug: After updating my Windows to the current new version of Windows 11, I noticed there is a bug with the Task Manager Light/Dark mode options. Choosing the mode for computer wide to light or dark mode doesn't affect how it looks, but when you change it to Custom and have either...
  6. Task Manager Light/Dark Mode Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Light/Dark Mode Bug: After updating my Windows to the current new version of Windows 11, I noticed there is a bug with the Task Manager Light/Dark mode options. Choosing the mode for computer wide to light or dark mode doesn't affect how it looks, but when you change it to Custom and have either...
  7. Dark theme for task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark theme for task manager: Is it possible to get dark mode for task manager in windows 11 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme-for-task-manager/f30093d7-fefe-46f0-af07-c7629df5a508
  8. Dark mode on task manager solution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark mode on task manager solution: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/raconcop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jipgps/dark_mode_on_task_manager_solution/
  9. Task Manager Dark theme?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Dark theme?: Is there a way to make the Task Manager Dark, like the other Dark options / explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-dark-theme/fbc409ae-ff67-4dfc-91b3-9056d880cf71
  10. Is there a way to change how dark is dark mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change how dark is dark mode?: Given that dark mode in Windows is AMOLED dark, is there a tweak that allows you to change how "dark" is dark mode? submitted by /u/bucketofthoughts [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4wf1i/is_there_a_way_to_change_how_dark_is_dark_mode/