Windows 10: Is there a way to make the power button not light up?

Discus and support Is there a way to make the power button not light up? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I enjoy sleeping, and I enjoy having my computer at my desk in my room. Sometimes I need to have my computer running overnight, to download stuff. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wabbitseasonagain, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Is there a way to make the power button not light up?

I enjoy sleeping, and I enjoy having my computer at my desk in my room. Sometimes I need to have my computer running overnight, to download stuff. But the power button makes it hard to sleep. It’s distracting because I’m not used to having any lights. Is there a way to make it so it doesn’t light up?

submitted by /u/wabbitseasonagain
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wabbitseasonagain, Dec 12, 2020

2. The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 12, 2020
  3. power button lights issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community. We are glad to assist you.

If the power button light is not getting off after shutting down, I would suggest you to unplug the power cord from the laptop and check if that helps.

I would like to know if you have tried to remove the battery and AC connection?

You may need to let your computer power cycle and reset. Remove the battery and wait 10-15 seconds, then reinsert it.

Do get back you us if you need further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Is there a way to make the power button not light up?

Windows 10 shutdown power still light and fan still working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the laptop will not shutdown completely. We will help you.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Remove all the externally connected devices and cables including the battery.
    • Hold the power button for about a minute and release the power button.
    • Connect only the power cable and power on the PC.
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to make the power button not light up?

1. Is there a way to make the power button not light up? - Similar Threads - power button light

2. The power button light is on but the screen is black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The power button light is on but the screen is black.: I have a HP Pavilion 14. It stupendously overheats randomly on apps like Adobe Acrobat Etc. Today it lost battery and I charged it for an hour. The laptop is showing a black screen on boot. It has a whining noise for a few seconds but it just stops.It has an i7 and iris xe...
  3. The power button light is on but the screen is black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The power button light is on but the screen is black.: I have a HP Pavilion 14. It stupendously overheats randomly on apps like Adobe Acrobat Etc. Today it lost battery and I charged it for an hour. The laptop is showing a black screen on boot. It has a whining noise for a few seconds but it just stops.It has an i7 and iris xe...
  4. Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...: I have charged the laptop a few times due to thinking its extremely flat. But when I switch it on the power, internet, sound buttons and lights indicator just flashes white and orange. Before this the laptop kept restarted automatically with an error message and a blue...
  5. Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...

Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...: I have charged the laptop a few times due to thinking its extremely flat. But when I switch it on the power, internet, sound buttons and lights indicator just flashes white and orange. Before this the laptop kept restarted automatically with an error message and a blue...
  6. Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why is the power button blinking light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the power button blinking light: The power button on my laptop keeps blinking and I'm getting no power however I haven't plugged into the charger and it is indicating that it is charged and the power light on the other side of the laptop is also on indicating that there should be power but Getting atype of...
  8. Why is the power button blinking light

Why is the power button blinking light: The power button on my laptop keeps blinking and I'm getting no power however I haven't plugged into the charger and it is indicating that it is charged and the power light on the other side of the laptop is also on indicating that there should be power but Getting atype of...
  9. Shutdown but power button still lights up for a few mins then it's off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown but power button still lights up for a few mins then it's off: So recently, I've found out that my power button still lights up after shutting down. The thing is that it lights up for a few minutes then it's fully shutdown. I've tried the parts where you go into your power options and turning off the fast startup already but still no...
  10. Flashing power button/not powering up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Flashing power button/not powering up: Hi I have a lenovo yoga laptop and for the past few days it wont turn on even though it is fully charged. Whenever I press the on button it starts to flash and the screen is black and i cant hear it starting up . Please help my computer has a lot of important files for...