Windows 10: Is there a way to make the search bar in edge chromium start page use other search engine...

Discus and support Is there a way to make the search bar in edge chromium start page use other search engine... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I already changed the default search engine in the settings and it work if I type my search in the address bar. But for some reason, the big search bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/harryagamez, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Is there a way to make the search bar in edge chromium start page use other search engine...

I already changed the default search engine in the settings and it work if I type my search in the address bar. But for some reason, the big search bar in the center of the start page keep displaying bing results if I type in there.

Is there a way to change that?

submitted by /u/harryagamez
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/harryagamez, Nov 18, 2019

2. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Cecil_IL Win User
    changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Tried this 26 Nov 2015 to make Google.com my search engine and received report "Couldn't add this provider"

Cecil_IL, Nov 18, 2019
  4. LCRT Win User

Is there a way to make the search bar in edge chromium start page use other search engine...

search engine

windows xp advice for a windows 10 query. with registry fiddling. great advice.

anyway, the answer is very simple:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge

"

When you enter something in the address bar in Microsoft Edge, you’ll see results from Bing. Microsoft recommends Bing for the best performance with Windows 10. Bing gives instant help for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (just like this). And Bing links search
    results with some Windows 10 apps. But Microsoft Edge uses OpenSearch technology, so you can change the default search engine. Here’s how:

• Enter the search engine’s website and browse to it.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select View
      advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, choose Add new.

• Select the website and then select Add as default.

• Note: Only search providers that support the OpenSearch standard will appear in this list. If they don’t support it yet,here's how
        they can."

Thema:

Is there a way to make the search bar in edge chromium start page use other search engine...

1. Is there a way to make the search bar in edge chromium start page use other search engine... - Similar Threads - search bar edge

2. Microsoft Edge Search Engine preferences.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Search Engine preferences.: I've tried changing the default search engine used in the address bar from Bing to Google Microsoft Edge 115.0.1901.203 of an AVD session host. When I sign out and back in, Edge warns me that "Microsoft Edge has detected your default search engine setting was changed by an...
  3. Chromium search bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chromium search bar: I've had this Chromium search bar since I got this PC, and when I try do something, and move my mouse cursor over the search bar, it makes a new tab, and opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/chromium-search-bar/c51e6e02-df61-45a0-9a79-e60e968147b5
  4. No Search Suggestions from Address Bar Search - Chromium Edge

in Browsers and Email
    No Search Suggestions from Address Bar Search - Chromium Edge: I cannot get Edge to give suggestions other than from history or favourites. I have made sure that all setting are correct in settings and even changed the search engines around, but it did not solve the problem. While it's not a deal breaker for using the browser it is...
  5. Microsoft will let users remove or change search engines in the Bing Search Bar in Chromium...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft will let users remove or change search engines in the Bing Search Bar in Chromium...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-protonsandneutrons- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fivhkj/microsoft_will_let_users_remove_or_change_search/
  6. Chromium Edge Start Page Tiles??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chromium Edge Start Page Tiles??: Trying the new Chromium Edge and was wondering how to add more favorites to the Start Page. Right now it has 7 Favorites Tiles and when I click the plus sign and add another favorite it takes one away to make room for the new one. Can anyone tell me how to add more than just...
  7. DuckDuckGo as search engine in Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    DuckDuckGo as search engine in Windows 10 search bar: I'm using DuckDuckGo as a search engine in Edge but would like to set it also in search bar. Is it doable? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duckduckgo-as-search-engine-in-windows-10-search/709d13a0-521e-45fd-8a33-65b50c8c87e7"
  8. How to change default Search Engine in new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to change default Search Engine in new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Microsoft Edge Chromium browser is not just the best version of Edge we have till date, but it also offers turn of customization. You can install Chrome themes, install Chrome extensions on Edge from Chrome Web Store, offers Dark [...] This post How to...
  9. Search bars edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search bars edge: Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is another search bar. I'm using windows 10 home edge and bing as search engine. Any help here Please. Many Thanks.. PS Should...
  10. set the home page in the search engine Edge

in Browsers and Email
    set the home page in the search engine Edge: I can not set the home page in the Edge message MSN. I can not find her. 63050

Users found this page by searching for:

1. attach dudkduckgo to edge browser