Windows 10: Is there a way to make the sound autmatically switch between external speakers and headphones?

Discus and support Is there a way to make the sound autmatically switch between external speakers and headphones? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just purcahsed some Edifier s880db speakers for my computer windows 10 lenovo legion laptop. They connect via bluetooth currently but can also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ashtool, Nov 20, 2020.

1. ashtool Win User

Is there a way to make the sound autmatically switch between external speakers and headphones?

I have just purcahsed some Edifier s880db speakers for my computer windows 10 lenovo legion laptop. They connect via bluetooth currently but can also connect via USB.

When I plug my headphones into the AUX output of the laptop, the music continues to come from the speakers. I need to manually go to the taskbar / speaker options and switch the audio output back to the laptop to mute the speakers and restore sound to the headphones.

Bit annoying. Anyway to make it automatically switch when a new input is discovered?

:)

ashtool, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Catbill Win User

when switch from headphones to speakers, there is no sound

When I unplug my headphones, the sound does not automatically come back through the speakers.

The speakers are external speakers connected through the speaker output. The headphones are connected by USB port.

There should be a simple way to specify that when the headphones are plugged in, they should be the default. When the headphones are not plugged in, the speakers should be the default. Alas, there are a jumble of settings that do not clearly describe what
    they do so I am baffled by how to make this work.

Question: How should Windows be configured so that when the headphones are plugged in, the sound comes through the headphones and when the headphones are not plugged in, the sound comes through the speakers?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Catbill, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Sound switch from laptop speakers to headphones.

click on the speaker icon (bottom right by the clock)

then click on the up arrow, to display the list of playback devices.

if you headphones are in the list click on them to switch sound output.

Martmcd, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Is there a way to make the sound autmatically switch between external speakers and headphones?

Switching from External Speakers to Headphones

Is there a way to switch from headphones to external speakers without unplugging the headphones? It seems that this should be the most obvious task, yet there seems to be no way to do it in Windows. In fact, I can't even seem to prompt the dialogue box
    that pops up when you plug in a set of headphones.

Ezra Heilman, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to make the sound autmatically switch between external speakers and headphones?

1. Is there a way to make the sound autmatically switch between external speakers and headphones? - Similar Threads - sound autmatically switch

2. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones: I cant find my speakers on the output devices, although when i plug out my headphones, they are automatically connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-speakers-and-headphones/e25db9b7-8303-42db-af28-0b2907bbafcc
  3. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones: I cant find my speakers on the output devices, although when i plug out my headphones, they are automatically connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-speakers-and-headphones/e25db9b7-8303-42db-af28-0b2907bbafcc
  4. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can no longer switch between speakers and headphones

Can no longer switch between speakers and headphones: Hi!So I have a windows 10 PC and have a pretty basic speaker set up creative pebble 2.0 and headphones plugged in razer kraken x.My speakers are connected to the usb and output jack in the back of my PC, my headphones are connected to the output jack on the front of my PC so...
  6. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help: Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of my pc and my headphones in the front/top in the specific headset port, now my problem is, that i always have to plug or...
  7. Is there any way to make Windows 10 automatically switch between speakers and headphones...

Is there any way to make Windows 10 automatically switch between speakers and headphones...: I had an old laptop (From early 2010s) that did it automatically, when I plugged my headphones the speakers didn't work. Now I have a new laptop and each time I plug my headphones a notification pops up and I have to manually "agree" to change the audio output. It's kinda...
  8. Spatial Sound: Easy way to toggle on/off (jumping between speakers/headphones)?

Spatial Sound: Easy way to toggle on/off (jumping between speakers/headphones)?: I sometimes use headphones, sometimes speakers. I'm also a gamer. I have to explicitly enable/disable spatial sound on/off every time I jump between speakers and headphones. There surely has to be an easier way, or an auto-detection of headphones to swap back/forth?...
  9. Speakers and headphones wont make/take sound

Speakers and headphones wont make/take sound: I turned on my PC this morning to talk to my friend on discord he couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear him, so then i went to youtube and sure enough i couldn't hear anything, then I tried an online game and I couldn't hear the game or talk. i contacted microsoft support but...
  10. Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones

Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones: After a forced upgrade by Windows 10 *Mad which I tried for months to avoid, windows updater has succeeded to snick-in and install without my consent a new Win10 version. As expected the system has been destabilized and the damages until now are: - When I plug in and out the...