Windows 10: Is there a way to make unattend.xml actually work in W10 1903?

Discus and support Is there a way to make unattend.xml actually work in W10 1903? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have built a valid answer file "unattend.xml" in WSIM and set it to skip Eula etc, create two users and pull drivers from a network path. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by e5by2, Jul 18, 2019.

1. e5by2 Win User

Is there a way to make unattend.xml actually work in W10 1903?

I have built a valid answer file "unattend.xml" in WSIM and set it to skip Eula etc, create two users and pull drivers from a network path. I validated the file before saving. I placed the file in c:\windows\panther. It appears to get overwritten before the oobe pass. So I put a registry entry into HKLM\System\setup called "UnattendFile" and gave it a path to my unattend.xml file. Then I sysprepped the image with c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:c:\build\copyprofile.xml. I take an image with winpe and then apply the image to my target device and boot. Windows still doesn't use the answer file. In fact, this was the second time imaging this machine and somehow, it didn't overwrite the user account that I put in the previous imaging attempt.

How do you get unattend.xml to actually be used? None of the documentation seems to be correct.

When imaging windows 10 with winpe, do you have to format the drive first to actually lay down a fresh copy?

:)

e5by2, Jul 18, 2019

2. Unattend xml File....

hiiii

i would like to install windows via WDS Server. How To Create Unattend .XML File in Server 2012......

Regard

Mohit

Mohit Bahirat, Jul 18, 2019
  3. SkyNet3 Win User
    Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup

Anyone ran across a Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup? That Works!!!*Biggrin

SkyNet3, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Is there a way to make unattend.xml actually work in W10 1903?

Windows 10 - how to open an XML file by default USING the correct M/S program (XLS, DOC or PPT)?

This is not <quite> the answer, but solved an issue very similar. On a new W10 I needed to set the default app for .xml files to IE. All suggestions using settings did not allow me to specify IE. The only way I found to do this was to locate (any) .xml
    file then 'open with'. Then 'Choose another app'. Then scroll to the bottom of the list and select 'another app'. Finally IE appeared in the list and I could set IE as the default. Obviously this should apply to most other apps.

IanPatterson2, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to make unattend.xml actually work in W10 1903?

1. Is there a way to make unattend.xml actually work in W10 1903? - Similar Threads - unattend xml actually

2. Best way to make W10 lightweight?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to make W10 lightweight?: I just bought a HP Stream with 32GB storage. It runs Windows 10, but I was shocked, to say the least, at the fact it only has 3GB of free storage. What can I do to make the install as light as possible? submitted by /u/thattonybo [link] [comments]...
  3. Making W10 Safe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Making W10 Safe: Newbie here currently using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Used W10 a while back but abandoned it. Here is why. I was trying to use my Amazon account and had trouble. Amazon found someone other than me tried to use my account. I had been hacked. After the tech at Amazon finished his work,...
  4. W10 update 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 update 1903: Hi My laptop has just updated to Windows 10 v.1903 of its own volition - disaster !! My data files - disappeared. Most of my apps and desktop shortcuts - disappeared. My email accounts - disappeared. My bookmarks - disappeared. My settings - disappeared....
  5. upgrade to w10 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade to w10 1903: why i can't recive the 1903 update? i'm from Romania [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-w10-1903/ed181fea-4b9c-475f-ad72-5ee735d2e0b1
  6. Update to W10 /1903

Update to W10 /1903: Hey,,,,, Is it possible to pause the Update Assistant tool and resume the updating of W10????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? PLEASE MAKE YOUR ANSWER WITHOUT "CTRL+C"/"CTRL+V"...
  7. xml

in Windows 10 Customization
    xml: what is xml and how can I modify it. My windows media player was working alright then it stopped. When I did troubleshooting, I was told a software has changed the XML to SXL. Any help?...
  8. unattend xml not wiping drives / unable to create primary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unattend xml not wiping drives / unable to create primary: I'm having an issue where the paritions are created, but something goes wrong and then I have to format the primary drive to install windows onto. It's a UEFI config, does anyone have any suggestions? 109354
  9. Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup

Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup: Anyone ran across a Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup? That Works!!!*Biggrin 5106
  10. Another way of unattended PXE installation -- and it works :-)

Another way of unattended PXE installation -- and it works :-): I had a run on the preview 10240 by unattended installation. what I wanted to see is if I could create a golden image on one very old PC (HP Elitebook 6930p), sysprep it and afterwards apply that image by autoupdating the drivers to my Dell Latitude E5540 before login. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 answer file

2. windows 10 1903 unattend.xml

3. create unattend.xml windows 10 1903

4. 1903 answer file,
  5. unattended windows 10 1903,
  6. create unattend file for wsim 1903,
  7. wds unattend join domain 1903,
  8. wsim 1903,
  9. create answer file 1903,
  10. how to create 1903 unattend file,
  11. 1903 unattend xml,