Windows 10: Is there a way to make usb flash drive bootable with two systems ? windows 8.1 and windows 10 ?

Discus and support Is there a way to make usb flash drive bootable with two systems ? windows 8.1 and windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; and then when restarting the pc and booting from the usb i will have some menu and be able if to install windows 8.1 or windows 10 ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sharonas_994, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Is there a way to make usb flash drive bootable with two systems ? windows 8.1 and windows 10 ?

and then when restarting the pc and booting from the usb i will have some menu and be able if to install windows 8.1 or windows 10 ?

:)

Sharonas_994, Oct 7, 2022
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 7, 2022
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 7, 2022
  4. entropy13 Win User

Is there a way to make usb flash drive bootable with two systems ? windows 8.1 and windows 10 ?

The easiest way possible to make a Windows 7 Bootable USB Flash Drive.

LOL yeah, do I or do I not have Windows 7 on a bootable USB flash drive after doing this? *Confused Is there a way to make usb flash drive bootable with two systems ? windows 8.1 and windows 10 ? :confused:

*Laugh :laugh:

entropy13, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

Is there a way to make usb flash drive bootable with two systems ? windows 8.1 and windows 10 ?

1. Is there a way to make usb flash drive bootable with two systems ? windows 8.1 and windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - usb flash drive

2. How to Make a Bootable Windows 10 USB Drive?

in Windows 10 News
    How to Make a Bootable Windows 10 USB Drive?: Most people prefer installing Windows 10 using a USB drive rather than a DVD. However, creating a bootable drive can get a little complicated. This article will look at how to create a bootable drive for Windows 10. What's Needed to Make a Windows 10 Bootable USB Drive? To...
  3. Is there a way to make usb flash drive bootable with two systems ? windows 8.1 and windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to make usb flash drive bootable with two systems ? windows 8.1 and windows 10 ?: and then when restarting the pc and booting from the usb i will have some menu and be able if to install windows 8.1 or windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-make-usb-flash-drive-bootable/f9828f9c-0577-4c3f-a444-7907890356b2
  4. Is there a way to make usb flash drive bootable with two systems ? windows 8.1 and windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to make usb flash drive bootable with two systems ? windows 8.1 and windows 10 ?: and then when restarting the pc and booting from the usb i will have some menu and be able if to install windows 8.1 or windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-make-usb-flash-drive-bootable/f9828f9c-0577-4c3f-a444-7907890356b2
  5. How to Make USB flash drive bootable with Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Make USB flash drive bootable with Win 10: I have purchased some Win 10 licenses, and I tried to use the first one for a 32-bit Win 10 Pro and boot from a USB flash drive. As I use the MediaCreationTool20H2 and chose “Create installation media USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file for another PC” option, the program did...
  6. install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive: I finally got WSIM and sysprep to work and have a good ISO of a modified Windows 10 Pro X64 system. It installs on a Oracle VM since it can load directly from the ISO. Now I need to create a bootbale USB flash drive that will work on a BIOS/MBR system. As I said in the...
  7. Unable to make bootable USB Flash Drive with Rufus 3.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to make bootable USB Flash Drive with Rufus 3.1: I don't know why but I am unable to make a bootable USB flash drive with Rufus 3.1. I remember doing it successfully a few years back but now I can't. I've watched several tutorial videos on YouTube, but still, it will not work. When I insert the flash drive into my PC or...
  8. Making a Windows 10 USB Install flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making a Windows 10 USB Install flash drive: Is it legal to make a Windows 10 USB install flash drive for a friend in another state? Thanks, 16378
  9. Is there a way to create bootable USB flash drive and use extra space

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to create bootable USB flash drive and use extra space: @, Thank you. What is WinPESE? Is this the name of your Windows Environment with tools? Yes, that is the reference
  10. Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10: How to: Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 How to Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 from This tutorial will show you how to create a bootable USB flash drive that can be used to install Windows 10 with or without UEFI....