Windows 10: Is there a way to make volume keys on a keyboard control only one app e.g Spotify?

Discus and support Is there a way to make volume keys on a keyboard control only one app e.g Spotify? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it, I have a keyboard that has dedicated media keys including volume. Is there a way to make this volume keys control only Spotify?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JammersHammers, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Is there a way to make volume keys on a keyboard control only one app e.g Spotify?

Title says it, I have a keyboard that has dedicated media keys including volume. Is there a way to make this volume keys control only Spotify?

submitted by /u/JammersHammers
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JammersHammers, Dec 30, 2020

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Control Spotify with Multimedia Keyboard

Windows 10. Corsair Raptor K50 keyboard.

On my keyboard I have a couple of multimedia keys and a scrollwheel which controls the Windows volume mixer. This controls the overall volume of all the sounds coming from the system. All work as designed.

A master volume control is of limited use given that I'm within arms reach of the volume dial on my speakers. Ideally I'd like to have that scrollwheel re-bound to control the volume on Spotify, without affecting the master volume.

This would save me Alt-Tabbing out of my games to tweak the balance between the game sounds and my music!

Does anyone know a means of achieving this? The Corsair software doesn't seem to have anything to allow this, I haven't spotted any options in Spotify or in Windows and Google doesn't bring me much of use.

Thomas Bisset, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Is there a way to make volume keys on a keyboard control only one app e.g Spotify?

Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

Hello Lenny,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you using a laptop keyboard or external keyboard?
    Adjusting the volume levels using the keyboard shortcuts depends if your device/keyboard supports media keys.

Meanwhile, let's try creating a shortcut key for the Master Volume. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty area on Desktop, then select
    New
    and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below:

C:\\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe -T 76611119 0

3. Click on Next button and provide a name for the said Shortcut and click Finish.

4. Right-click on it and select Properties.

5. Assigned your desired shortcut key like F11 or F10 by just pressing it in the
    Shortcut key area.

6. Click Apply and Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to make volume keys on a keyboard control only one app e.g Spotify?

1. Is there a way to make volume keys on a keyboard control only one app e.g Spotify? - Similar Threads - volume keys keyboard

2. Is there any way to make touch keyboard's handwriting only recognize one Chinese...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to make touch keyboard's handwriting only recognize one Chinese...: Hello, I tried to handwrite a Chinese character but the touch keyboard keep thinking I write multiple characters. It is hard to write even the most common use word e.g . Is there any way to force the touch keyboard to only recognize one character at a time?...
  3. Is there any way to make touch keyboard's handwriting only recognize one Chinese...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to make touch keyboard's handwriting only recognize one Chinese...: Hello, I tried to handwrite a Chinese character but the touch keyboard keep thinking I write multiple characters. It is hard to write even the most common use word e.g . Is there any way to force the touch keyboard to only recognize one character at a time?...
  4. Laptop keyboard keys w-e-g-h not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keyboard keys w-e-g-h not working: My Samsung laptop keys w, e, g, h are not working I have tried advance troubleshooter it said no need for update or changes made it is two years old windows 10 OS never had such a problem before can you help?...
  5. Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume: Hi all, I have a microsoft scuplt keyboard. The volume keys on it control my Yeti mic output volume level, instead of the system master volume, for some reason. How can I make the controls attach to the master volume instead of picking one of my audio output devices seemingly...
  6. Absolute volume works only one way.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Absolute volume works only one way.: I have connected a pair of BT headphones to my ThinkPad L14, Win 10 Pro 20H2. System and all drivers are up to date. Headphones are Sound Blaster EVO Zx. When I turn on the headphones and they connect I can control the Windows volume with the headphones only for a few...
  7. Xbox One Controller (Wireless) Adjusting volume and skipping tracks in Spotify

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One Controller (Wireless) Adjusting volume and skipping tracks in Spotify: Hello, I'm trying to play Destiny 2 on Steam however any time I move the left joystick up and hit A at the same time, it increases my windows volume. Same for moving the stick down. Is there any way to disable this? submitted by /u/Ganchy [link] [comments]...
  8. Volume control key only responds once

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume control key only responds once: Hello, The volume/brightness control buttons on the keyboard only respond once and I have to wait for the volume/brightness status pop-up to disappear before the buttons would work again. I used to be able to keep my finger down on the button and change the...
  9. 'g' key not working on keyboard in certain apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    'g' key not working on keyboard in certain apps: Hi, Sorry if this is is the wrong category - can't see where it should go... I have a really random problem! I can't type the letter "g" on my keyboard in certain programs. Here, as you can see, it works fine. I thought it was my keyboard at first, but I tried another...
  10. Is there a way to disable per app volume control?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to disable per app volume control?: Good day all, I'm running Windows 10 and I'm wondering if there is a way to disable per app volume control, or in lieu of that locking certain apps to the main system volume? [img] As you can see in the picture each program I have has its own volume setting. This would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard volume control only one program