Windows 10: is there a way to make volume mixer the, like, default audio slider?

Discus and support is there a way to make volume mixer the, like, default audio slider? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; sorry if that's a confusing title, what i mean to ask is is there currently any way to make the drop-down volume menu show not just your device audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/clemmy__, Apr 10, 2021.

1. is there a way to make volume mixer the, like, default audio slider?

sorry if that's a confusing title, what i mean to ask is is there currently any way to make the drop-down volume menu show not just your device audio but the volume mixer audio settings so you can change apps' sound levels on the fly?

submitted by /u/clemmy__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/clemmy__, Apr 10, 2021

2. Set new audio device default for volume mixer in Windows 10

I use two audio devices:

• Default (audio) device "Realtec Digital Output (Optical)"
    • Default communication device "Lautsprecher (Speaker)"

My goal:
    I want to have the default audio volume on my default communication device, instead of the default device - at all times.

What I tried so far:
    Changing the volume mixer to my communication device explicitly works temporary, but as soon as I close the settings window, the default audio volume is reset again to the default audio device.

Step 1: Clicking on volume shows me the default device:

is there a way to make volume mixer the, like, default audio slider? yhlxC.png

Step 2: Changing the volume mixer to my communication device manually:

is there a way to make volume mixer the, like, default audio slider? 3mG3F.png

is there a way to make volume mixer the, like, default audio slider? 1H5Y2.png

Step 3: Clicking again on volume does not keep the change is there a way to make volume mixer the, like, default audio slider? :(

is there a way to make volume mixer the, like, default audio slider? aWNeG.png

How can I make it permanent that windows uses my communication device for default volume control?

Simon Ferndriger, Apr 10, 2021
  3. kmattnz3 Win User
    Balance in Volume Mixer.

When using several programs that deal with audio i want to have audio from certain programs coming from different sides of my headphones. this should be able to be done with balance but currently there is only balance slider for the entire device. Is there
    any way to get Balance sliders added to the Volume Mixer so different programs audio can be put to different sides?

tl;dr

How do i get Balance sliders on the Volume Mixer

kmattnz3, Apr 10, 2021
  4. is there a way to make volume mixer the, like, default audio slider?

Volume Mixer - audio sources and auto size width

Volume Mixer window is always defaulted to showing four sliders but there is always several more to the right in the window, forcing you to routinely scroll it to the side to get eyes on them.

How come there is no (obvious) way to make the window width auto resize when it opens so that it shows ALL audio sources/sliders you have active at any given time instead of always having to drag that damn window out manually.

Bingelibong, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

is there a way to make volume mixer the, like, default audio slider?

1. is there a way to make volume mixer the, like, default audio slider? - Similar Threads - volume mixer default

2. Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device: Hi,I am using Windows 11 with 2 audio sources, switching between the two daily Speakers and Headphones. Today I noticed that I can't change the volume of anything that is not my speakers via the volume control.To be precise I can't control my headphone's volume using the...
  3. Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 audio volume slider ignore default audio device: Hi,I am using Windows 11 with 2 audio sources, switching between the two daily Speakers and Headphones. Today I noticed that I can't change the volume of anything that is not my speakers via the volume control.To be precise I can't control my headphone's volume using the...
  4. Volume Mixer Ghost Slider

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume Mixer Ghost Slider: [ATTACH] Hello Reddit, I have been running into an issue where the volume will decrease on certain applications when I open a game. I have already made sure that my communications tab is set to "Do Nothing", tried disabling all enhancements, checked for updated audio...
  5. Mixer sliders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mixer sliders: Overall, I have had a problem with the volume sliders in the Volume Mixer for several months. Some may know what's going on, but if not, when I try to turn up, for example, System sounds to 100%, the slider drops to about 5% after a few seconds, the same with Discord and...
  6. Volume mixer sliders keep fluctuating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume mixer sliders keep fluctuating: It seems to be almost random. I turn the main volume up and it makes other program sounds jump down. Sometimes it just changes itself for no reason. Anyone know how to help?...
  7. Volume mixer sliders keep fluctuating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume mixer sliders keep fluctuating: It seems to be almost random. I turn the main volume up and it makes other program sounds jump down. Sometimes it just changes itself for no reason. Anyone know how to help?...
  8. Default app volume in Volume mixer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default app volume in Volume mixer.: By default, Groove music is too loud, so I turn to the Volume mixer and set its volume to 1%. But when I close Groove window and launch it again, it again becomes 100% in the Volume mixer, so I need to change it every time. Can I solve this problem?...
  9. Volume Mixer Default fix.

in Windows 10 Support
    Volume Mixer Default fix.: Win 10 machine, Every time I reboot this desktop. It re-sets a item in the volume mixer. The one seen here that is now shut off. [img] Every time the computer starts it turns that back on, and it causes an endless feedback loop that continues to build in volume until I get...
  10. Open Volume Mixer By Default

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Volume Mixer By Default: Windows 10 opens to a single slider, perfect for touch screens, but I want the mixer back. As it is right now I have to right click to open it. How can I make it default. 9581