Windows 10: Is there a way to make W10 copy and paste only new/updated files in a folder like a Mac does?

Discus and support Is there a way to make W10 copy and paste only new/updated files in a folder like a Mac does? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We switched to PC for our editing rigs at work a while back, and while it's been better for us mostly, one thing I miss is being able to drag a folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Griffdude13, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Is there a way to make W10 copy and paste only new/updated files in a folder like a Mac does?

We switched to PC for our editing rigs at work a while back, and while it's been better for us mostly, one thing I miss is being able to drag a folder full of new or updated files over to a previous duplicate on another drive and have it only copy the new or most recently changed duplicates. W10 doesn't prompt me about this at all, it just wants to replace the entire folder or have me rename it.

Is there a way to set this up and make it similar to how Macs handle this?

submitted by /u/Griffdude13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Griffdude13, Oct 14, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Is there a way to make W10 copy and paste only new/updated files in a folder like a Mac does?

Copy and paste W10 not working when copy and pasting files in flash drive

Original title: Copy and paste W10

Am using windows 10 and cannot copy a folder and then paste it in my flash drive.

Seems like the copy and paste function is not working ??

RonaldWiggerman, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to make W10 copy and paste only new/updated files in a folder like a Mac does?

1. Is there a way to make W10 copy and paste only new/updated files in a folder like a Mac does? - Similar Threads - W10 copy paste

2. Does windows miscount files when I copy and paste a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows miscount files when I copy and paste a folder?: I make backups of a folder with multiple files and subfolders into a destination folder on OneDrive. If I start with an empty folder as the destination, I get no warning about files with the same name as one would expect. But if I do it again I get a warning about files with...
  3. Does windows miscount files when I copy and paste a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does windows miscount files when I copy and paste a folder?: I make backups of a folder with multiple files and subfolders into a destination folder on OneDrive. If I start with an empty folder as the destination, I get no warning about files with the same name as one would expect. But if I do it again I get a warning about files with...
  4. Unable to copy and paste folders and files on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy and paste folders and files on network: We have 5 PC computers all with Windows 10/11 all linked through wire connections in our office. All PC's can view and edit folders and files that are saved on my PC Windows 11. A fellow coworker's PC Windows 11 can copy/paste files and folders that are located on her...
  5. Unable to copy and paste folders and files on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy and paste folders and files on network: We have 5 PC computers all with Windows 10/11 all linked through wire connections in our office. All PC's can view and edit folders and files that are saved on my PC Windows 11. A fellow coworker's PC Windows 11 can copy/paste files and folders that are located on her...
  6. File Explorer: Any way to make full path appear in title bar/copy and paste it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer: Any way to make full path appear in title bar/copy and paste it?: Hi,I've been searching for an answer for this, and all I could find was this closed thread from a while ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-displaying-complete-path-for/995f4719-8685-4e26-9d9d-bb6f25909a3a?page=2. I was just wondering...
  7. Copying files to new folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying files to new folders: I have a main folder (A), many subfolders and a file (B). Every time I create a new folder in A, I wanna copy C inside that new folder. Is that possible? submitted by /u/kolbyng [link] [comments]...
  8. Shared Folders & Files - Cannot Copy & Paste

Shared Folders & Files - Cannot Copy & Paste: Using File Explorer, after copying a folder or file on a P/C or Laptop it cannot be pasted to a top level shared folder on another P/C or Laptop on the Network. When attempting to past to a top level folder on the second machine there is no 'Paste' option displayed. It is...
  9. Copy and pasting files and folders is way slower!!!

Copy and pasting files and folders is way slower!!!: Recently I've disabled some of the preinstalled windows features such uninstalling Cortana and disabling windows media player! and I guess that it may be responsible for slowing down some of the features... I know that my device is capable of copying and pasting things at a...
  10. Delay in 'new folder' creation and in copy-pasting files

Delay in 'new folder' creation and in copy-pasting files: I noticed this problem recently, perhaps after the latest update not sure . If I try to create a new folder in a directory, either by right-click>>New>>Folder or by clicking the 'New Folder' button, one of these things happen : 1. Nothing happens, the folder does not get...