Windows 10: Is there a way to make W10's Start menu's "Most used" longer?

Discus and support Is there a way to make W10's Start menu's "Most used" longer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Or even add an "Expand" option like its "Recently added" section?Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ant Dude, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Ant Dude Win User

Is there a way to make W10's Start menu's "Most used" longer?

Or even add an "Expand" option like its "Recently added" section?Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :

:)

Ant Dude, Jun 27, 2021

2. Start menu no longer works

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that the Start menu is not working.

Initially, I suggest you to run Windows Update troubleshooter to fix the problem.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Control panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter,
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Updates.

Please refer to the suggestions given by Sharath Srinivasa replied on January 23, 2015 in the link given below.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_search/start-menu-doesnt-appear/a7c56613-277c-4993-bb74-08650dce7b21.

I Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any help with Windows.

SuvarnaG1709, Jun 27, 2021
  3. RoyDen Win User
    how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu

Lance1
    I installed Open Shell 4.4.142. No change.

Any other suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Steve C

Mouse Hover (under Control Tab) does nothing. I hover over the W10 Start menu icon and nothings happens.

Then I changed all options to Open-Shell Menu. Nothing changes.

I want the W10 start menu icon replaced by the Open Shell menu like it worked for classic shell in W7.
    I do not even want to see the W10 start menu.

Any other suggestions?

RoyDen, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Is there a way to make W10's Start menu's "Most used" longer?

Bring back the classic start menu!

we need a start menu that is usable and alpha numeric list is pointless it takes longer to load which does not help the already pathetically slow OS w10 is, a start menu should be user friendly not MS friendly we need to make changes to it list the installed
    apps as we the users see fit organise it the way we work and as for the tiles what a waste of time turn those irritating things off there is no point to them

CocteauTwins, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to make W10's Start menu's "Most used" longer?

1. Is there a way to make W10's Start menu's "Most used" longer? - Similar Threads - W10's Start menu's

2. W10's Start menu gets rearranged & loses most used's apps sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10's Start menu gets rearranged & loses most used's apps sometimes.: Hello,Why is it everytime I reboot my 64-bit W10 Pro PC, my Start menusometimes gets rearranged and "Most used" section loses apps that I useoften? It's quite annoying. I tried resetting by disabling andreenabling my settings -> privacy -> general -> "Let Windows track...
  3. W10's Start menu gets rearranged & loses most used's apps sometimes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10's Start menu gets rearranged & loses most used's apps sometimes.: Hello,Why is it everytime I reboot my 64-bit W10 Pro PC, my Start menusometimes gets rearranged and "Most used" section loses apps that I useoften? It's quite annoying. I tried resetting by disabling andreenabling my settings -> privacy -> general -> "Let Windows track...
  4. W10's Start menu gets rearranged & loses most used's apps sometimes.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Resizing, reorganizing, & rearranging W10's start menu hard?

Resizing, reorganizing, & rearranging W10's start menu hard?: Is it me or is it hard to resize, adjust, and reorganize the start menu in updated Windows 10 Pro?Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :...
  6. W10's "Most Used" Start menu don't show my manual portable shortcuts?

W10's "Most Used" Start menu don't show my manual portable shortcuts?: Is there a way to show them? It only shows my installed most used programs. :Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10s-most-used-start-menu-dont-show-my-manual/b6dbfc3f-4630-43de-b06a-d7a0cd39fd7f
  7. how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu: New to this forum so may not get this process right. I have Open Shell (v4.4.131) installed. Works fine but I have to click the start menu button a few time to get the classic two columns menu on the screen. The W10 start menu is not hidden and comes up first. The classic...
  8. how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu: New to this forum so may not get this process right. I have Open Shell (v4.4.131) installed. Works fine but I have to click the start menu button a few time to get the classic two columns menu on the screen. The W10 start menu is not hidden and comes up first. The classic...
  9. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

"Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357
  10. Start Menu "Most Used" stopped functioning in every possible way.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu "Most Used" stopped functioning in every possible way.: Not only do new most used apps not update on the start menu, but I am not able to right-click/more/don't show in this list anymore either...it simply does nothing. If I go into settings and try to disable the feature all together, it does nothing...the most used apps remain....