Windows 10: Is there a way to make Windows 10 photo app open pictures in full screen, or way to make...

Discus and support Is there a way to make Windows 10 photo app open pictures in full screen, or way to make... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before "updating" from windows 7 to windows 10, i used the windows 7 photo app to view images in full screen and switch between them inside the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Arilandon, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Is there a way to make Windows 10 photo app open pictures in full screen, or way to make...

Before "updating" from windows 7 to windows 10, i used the windows 7 photo app to view images in full screen and switch between them inside the app using the arrow keys in chronological order.

After "updating" to windows 10, this is seemingly no longer possible. There is seemingly no way to make the windows 10 photo app open pictures in full screen, and using photo apps other than the windows 10 photo app (including the old photo app from windows 7), you can only change between pictures ordered by name, not by date, as they do not "respect" the order you have put the files in in the file explorer.

Basically, i want to be able to open pictures in full screen, and switch between them ordered chronologically (by date) using the arrow keys on my keyboard. Is there no way of doing this on windows 10?

submitted by /u/Arilandon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Arilandon, Oct 19, 2020

2. Windows 10: Photos App is not working while opening pictures.

Hi Lowana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if photo app is corrupt or there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to checked the issue by opening pictures present in the external USB drive?
    • Have you made any changes in the photo app prior to the issue?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter and also check if you are able to access photos app through search bar.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to check if you are able to access Photos app through search bar.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you are able to open the app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures through photos app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 19, 2020
  3. is there a way to open files (such as pictures) in the same window?

so ive been useing windows 8 since it was about a month old, and this always worked this way for me, if im in file explorer looking at pictures and i open one, a window opens for the image viewer then if i go back to the file explorer and click another picture it will open in the same window that the other picture was in.

now when i upgraded to windows 10 it made me use the new win10 photo viewer, it was ok but it always opened pics in a new window. so i found out you could use the old win8 photo viewer in win 10 so i did that, but it still opens in a new window everytime.

is there any way to make each picture open in the same window like it did in windows 8?

Superiority, Oct 19, 2020
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Is there a way to make Windows 10 photo app open pictures in full screen, or way to make...

Pictured Are Blurry in Windows 10 Photos App

Anyone else finding that pictures in the Windows 10 Photos App are blurry? The same pictures are perfect in the Windows Photo Viewer.

I'm not sure how to demo it as I don't know how it's going to display on your screen and I'm not sure whether TenForums compresses uploaded images. I'll try with a PNG of both the Photos app and Windows Photo Viewer side-by-side.

I can't see a way to view images at their 100% original size in the Photos App (which is really stupid), so I've also attached just the 'Tabs' dialogue box as well. Because it's smaller, it should display at 100% magnification on your screen and therefore not be subjected to downscaling-to-fit.

Alternatively, just take a screenshot of the Internet Explorer 'Tab' settings (in 'Internet Options'), and open the screenshot in both the Photos App and Windows Photo Viewer and compare them.

Side-by-side:

Is there a way to make Windows 10 photo app open pictures in full screen, or way to make... [​IMG]

Just Dialogue Box (Right Click > Save Picture As):

Is there a way to make Windows 10 photo app open pictures in full screen, or way to make... [​IMG]

ARC1020, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to make Windows 10 photo app open pictures in full screen, or way to make...

1. Is there a way to make Windows 10 photo app open pictures in full screen, or way to make... - Similar Threads - photo app open

2. Is there a way to make gifs play on the Windows Photos app in the slideshow mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to make gifs play on the Windows Photos app in the slideshow mode?: I have gifs and normal photos mixed into one folder. I'd love to view both the photos and the gifs but instead of the gifs animating like normal, they just turn into a normal static photo like the rest. I was wondering if there was a way to change this and actually view the...
  3. Is there a way to make gifs play on the Windows Photos app in the slideshow mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to make gifs play on the Windows Photos app in the slideshow mode?: I have gifs and normal photos mixed into one folder. I'd love to view both the photos and the gifs but instead of the gifs animating like normal, they just turn into a normal static photo like the rest. I was wondering if there was a way to change this and actually view the...
  4. Is there a way to make an app remeber its location on screen when it was last opened?

Is there a way to make an app remeber its location on screen when it was last opened?: Hi, my doubt is that is there any way to make an app, say NOTEPAD, remember its location on the screen where it was last opened. I have tried many ways but whenever I open notepad, it always opens in a new position on the screen. Please help! Also to mention that, before the...
  5. Is there a way to make an app remeber its location on screen when it was last opened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to make an app remeber its location on screen when it was last opened?: Hi, my doubt is that is there any way to make an app, say NOTEPAD, remember its location on the screen where it was last opened. I have tried many ways but whenever I open notepad, it always opens in a new position on the screen. Please help! Also to mention that, before the...
  6. Is there any way to make Photos app not automatically add folders to "Sources"?

Is there any way to make Photos app not automatically add folders to "Sources"?: I am having an issue with the Photos app on Windows 10. On every restart, it keeps searching for and adding folders to "Sources". Trouble is, it is also adding my OneDrive and iCloud photo folders, which are both set to remain online, which, of course, fills my drive with...
  7. Any way to make apps open not on the main display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to make apps open not on the main display?: Say if I click an app in the taskbar on a secondary monitor, it just opens on the main display, which is really, really annoying. In Mac OS, whichever display the Dock is on (which is as simple as moving your cursor to the bottom of the screen and clicking), the app opens on...
  8. Is there a way to make full screen start menu be zoomed in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make full screen start menu be zoomed in?: Basically what i want is my whole system to be in 100% UI zoom except full screen Start Menu, which would use 150% UI zoom setting. Or any other solution that would achieve the same look (everything being bigger in start) submitted by /u/mukintaras [link] [comments]...
  9. Is there a way to make account pictures square and/or transparent?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to make account pictures square and/or transparent?: Is there a mod or something out there (or a registry edit maybe?) that will make the profile pictures for accounts square instead of circular, and use a transparent background? I have a custom image I'd like to use, but it gets rendered with a black background and parts get...
  10. Sort photos the way I want them, and make them stay that way

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort photos the way I want them, and make them stay that way: How can I sort my photos and make them stay the way I want them to in a folder. On Windows 7 I downloaded something from the 7 forum that allowed me to sort them in my chosen order and they stayed that way, ONLY on my desktop! How can I do it in Windows 10?????? 70037