Windows 10: Is there a way to minimize software that doesn't want to be minimized?

Discus and support Is there a way to minimize software that doesn't want to be minimized? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; O there is this software i want to minimize and have running in the background byt none of the function keys work for it and the minimize option when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/destroyer_1234, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Is there a way to minimize software that doesn't want to be minimized?

O there is this software i want to minimize and have running in the background byt none of the function keys work for it and the minimize option when right clicking is greyed out. Im pretty sure its a PrO fEaTuRe but is there anyway around it thanks!

submitted by /u/destroyer_1234
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/destroyer_1234, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Anthr4X Win User

Minimize to the tray on startup

Minimize to tray at startup

I'm looking for a way to autorun GPU-Z minimized on Windows 7 x64. If I stick a shortcut in the start-up folder and change the properties to "run minimized" it doesn't minimize to the tray but instead to the taskbar. So I have to click on the taskbar and press on minimize every time I reboot my system. This is a little bit annoying if you reboot often.

Thank you for your time! *Smile Is there a way to minimize software that doesn't want to be minimized? :)

Anthr4X, Aug 31, 2020
  3. a6naf Win User
    Auto-minimizing of some programs, not able to bring out of minimized state

I have been have some strange issues for a while now, in that certain programs are unwilling to open in any state other than minimized. It started with Steam, not the whole program but messages from a single friend always remaining minimized. It has now
    progressed to the friends list always remaining minimized as well as several other friends' messages being sometimes minimized. This morning it started happening to every Chrome page I tried to open. The page opens in minimized form and cannot be pulled up
    on the screen in any way. This happens regardless of what other programs are open or how many times the program is opened. I have tried re-installing Chrome and restoring the computer to about a week ago. As this is no longer confined to a single program I
    am convinced that there is a setting somewhere in Windows 10 that is causing this despite the fact that I have not been altering any settings. I have been using Windows 10 for months without significant problems, but this is getting ridiculous. Any suggests
    for resolving this would be much appreciated.

a6naf, Aug 31, 2020
  4. 2odd Win User

Is there a way to minimize software that doesn't want to be minimized?

How to minimize programs in Windows 10

Thanks flybynite! I didn't know about this, (waiting for the preview popup, then right clicking that), and it works for multiple browser windows. Unfortunately it does not work for games running in fullscreen borderless mode. =(

This doesn't work... it's just like show desktop, which minimizes everything, or entire groups of things, which I dont want.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still looking for a way to minimize games running in full screen borderless mode, if anyone knows how to.

Thx

Thema:

Is there a way to minimize software that doesn't want to be minimized?

1. Is there a way to minimize software that doesn't want to be minimized? - Similar Threads - minimize software doesn't

2. minimize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize: why can't i open up website after it's been minimized https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize/ef4257be-8756-4c15-95f9-1a5cb62db5c8
  3. minimize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minimize: why can't i open up website after it's been minimized https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize/ef4257be-8756-4c15-95f9-1a5cb62db5c8
  4. minimize

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Notepad minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad minimized: every time i open notepad is minimized please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-minimized/7820442e-b06d-48e1-b447-02e8f133017b
  6. Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?: Sometimes when I play a fullscreen game,then I just want to minimize it to do something else shortly. Win+D doesn't work for every game,sometimes it just freezes the game. I also tried borderless gaming so that I can make all fullscreen games borderless windowed so that I...
  7. Windows minimizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows minimizing: Since the last major windows 10 update, as soon as i open a message, web page, etc. it minimizes if there is already something open. trying to get to a new window to stay up is frustrating to say the least. what gives?...
  8. Minimizing Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minimizing Apps: Is there a way for me to force apps to minimize to the tray when I click on the x ? submitted by /u/jhj0604 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hwl9eq/minimizing_apps/
  9. Minimize issues

Minimize issues: windows 10 . When I minimize my edge browser page It restarts the page to the default. the other apps work fine and don't restart. this happens whenever I use the right hand corner minimize button....
  10. Minimized

Minimized: When I click on minimize what ever I am working on, I can never find it again. I click on it, it seems to go down and to the left, where do I go to bring it back so I can work on it or re read it ? earlier windows made life easy this is not easy?...