Windows 10: Is there a way to move a window between desktops with a keyboard shortcut?

Discus and support Is there a way to move a window between desktops with a keyboard shortcut? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm returning to Windows after a year of Linux. One thing that I really miss is the ability to move windows between desktops with a simple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AmitGold, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Is there a way to move a window between desktops with a keyboard shortcut?

Hi,

I'm returning to Windows after a year of Linux.

One thing that I really miss is the ability to move windows between desktops with a simple keyboard shortcut.

Is there a way to do this on windows?

AutoHotKey or PowerToys maybe?

submitted by /u/AmitGold
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AmitGold, Oct 15, 2020
  2. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Is there a way to move a window between desktops with a keyboard shortcut?

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to move a window between desktops with a keyboard shortcut?

1. Is there a way to move a window between desktops with a keyboard shortcut? - Similar Threads - move window between

2. keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?: Windows 11Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the cursor between 2 monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-cursor-between-2/31c64548-5daa-4601-9b08-9275c1df6876
  3. keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard shortcut to move cursor between 2 monitors?: Windows 11Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the cursor between 2 monitors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-shortcut-to-move-cursor-between-2/31c64548-5daa-4601-9b08-9275c1df6876
  4. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?: how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-keyboard-shortcut-to-switch-between/e770a10a-8228-44ae-b180-a4dd2c57a03c
  5. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?: how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-keyboard-shortcut-to-switch-between/e770a10a-8228-44ae-b180-a4dd2c57a03c
  6. how to change keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple desktops in windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Ways to disable keyboard shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ways to disable keyboard shortcuts?: Just got a pet bird and trying to make my gaming setup more bird friendly. Ordered a wireless mouse to stop cable chewing. Now my keyboard. He runs accross the keyboard hitting random shortcuts to reset webpages etc. Is there a way to remove most keyboard shortcuts? (Razer...
  8. How to CHANGE Keyboard shortcut to move a window between two or more screens

How to CHANGE Keyboard shortcut to move a window between two or more screens: We can move the window from one screen to another using Windows Key + Shift + Arrow Key. I was wondering is there a way we can change the shortcut to lets say CTRL + ~ or something else. I hate to take my hand away from the mouse when juggling through various documents. In...
  9. Cant drag screen / use keyboard shortcuts to move between displays

Cant drag screen / use keyboard shortcuts to move between displays: Hi, I seem to have lost the ability to move windows to other displays using the shortcut keys. Dragging a maximiesed window also isn't possible. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...
  10. Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working: Hello, my issue is what title says. When i press ctrl+win+1/2/3/4, or ctrl+win+left/right, nothing happens. This is of course when i have numbers of desktop opened. This seems to be a common issue but no genuine fix. Perhaps here someone will know? Thanks! 78430