Windows 10: Is there a way to move all my files to another user account?

Discus and support Is there a way to move all my files to another user account? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Howdy! can you move all the installed programs, documents and other files from one Windows 10 user account to another or other? I was banned from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dawu1923, Jun 28, 2020.

1. dawu1923 Win User

Is there a way to move all my files to another user account?

Howdy! can you move all the installed programs, documents and other files from one Windows 10 user account to another or other? I was banned from my main account at Microsoft and can't play a game online so I made a second user and created a new Microsoft account where I can play. This is always annoying when I have to switch between accounts just to play the one game. Can you do anything about that?

:)

dawu1923, Jun 28, 2020
  2. scopio Win User

Moving Public Folder to another drive

I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space.
    The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files in the
    C:\Users\Public\SongPro5 folder and does not give the option to be installed software
    on another drive.
    I have searched the web if and how the Public folder can be moved to another drive and found that it can be done using the following steps;

1. COPY (don’t MOVE) the C:\USERS\PUBLIC folder to a different disk or partition
    2. Click the START button and type REGEDIT (not case sensitive) and press enter
    3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > WINDOWS NT > CURRENT VERSION > PROFILE LIST
    4. Double click on PUBLIC
    5. Correct the path
    6. Reboot the PC
    7. Go to C:\USERS\PUBLIC and delete everything
    Can someone here please confirm if the SongPro software is installed in C:\Users\Programs File (x86) (the SSD) and the path Public\SongPro5 folder moved to another folder will work?

Is there a way to move all my files to another user account? [​IMG]

scopio, Jun 28, 2020
  3. How to transfer files and programs from one user to another on Windows 10

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for posting back.

Try the following steps to move file from one user account to another.

• Since, you have admin privileges, you can access all the folders and files on the computer.
    • Press Windows Key + E and go to C:\Users.
    • Click on the Account that you want to copy the files from.
    • Right click on the Folders (and/or files) and click on copy.
    • Now, go to the new user account folder and paste it. Repeat the steps a needed.

Hope this helps you. Post us back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 28, 2020
  4. scopio Win User

File permissions for another user

Still no joy. Test User can still write to the file. *Sad
    This are the steps I have done;

1. Created file in User account
    2. Copied file to Test User account
    3. Signed into Test User account
    4. Right click file
    5. Properties > Security > Edit > Add Test User > Allow Read > Deny Write > Advanced > Change Owner to Administrators > To Remove User account had to disable inheritance which removed all accounts except Test User and Administrator
    6. Test User can still write to the file!!

Still stuck. Test User still has full control of the file, he can write, modify, cut, copy, paste in fact as if the permissions had not been changed. *Confused
    Administrators permissions

scopio, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a way to move all my files to another user account? - Similar Threads - move files another

2. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move users to another drive: With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially...
  3. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move users to another drive: With DaveM121's help I was able to fix a User Shell Folder problem by editing the registry entry. But that was one problem out of the bigger problem. There are a lot of %USERPROFILE% entries in the same list. What is the value of user profile? It must be at least partially...
  4. Move users to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Best way to move content from one W10 user to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to move content from one W10 user to another?: I have a W10 user that I've used for a long time, and I want to move its content to another user on the same PC. Is there some kind of software or something to make this process easier and less time consuming? The reason I want to do it is because the old user has a name...
  6. How to move data from one user account to another?

How to move data from one user account to another?: How do I move all the programs and files from one user to another user on the same system? submitted by /u/samerium [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijpcft/how_to_move_data_from_one_user_account_to_another/
  7. Alternative way to log on as another user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Alternative way to log on as another user: I have a really ancient laptop maybe 10 years old running windows 10. My wife was using it while her real laptop is in the shop. We're trying to get another week out of it. It was acting really funny, so I did a dskchk on it. It seemed to reset most things. I got a welcome...
  8. Is there any way to move all installed softwares to another Drive?

Is there any way to move all installed softwares to another Drive?: Hi, I've windows 10 installed on my C drive SSD, also all my softwares by default gets installed on C drive. But due to small SSD i want to move all of installed softwares to my D drive which is 1.5 TB HDD. Is there any way to move software installations without...
  9. Moving an account to another user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving an account to another user: I rebuilt a computer for my girlfriend and I and when I loaded two new copies of windows 10 on each computer I used my account to set them up. Is there a way I can move the windows key on her computer to her windows account after the fact?...
  10. move my subscription to another account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    move my subscription to another account: How can I move my subscriptions, such as steam and Office 365 to my spouse's account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-my-subscription-to-another-account/5411f083-df4a-431b-97ff-7e661f2fa662