Windows 10: Is there a way to move windows between monitors in task view?

Discus and support Is there a way to move windows between monitors in task view? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any setting or app I can download that'll let me do this? submitted by /u/Mayheme [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mayheme, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Is there a way to move windows between monitors in task view?

Any setting or app I can download that'll let me do this?

submitted by /u/Mayheme
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mayheme, Oct 21, 2020
  2. pureby Win User

Alternative way to launch Task View ?

Hello everyone!

I'd love to map Windows 10's Task View to one of my mouse's buttons, but SetPoint* (the software for my Logitech mouse) does not support WinKey-based keyboard shortcuts, so mapping WinKey+Tab is impossible.

I was wondering if there is any alternative way to launch Task View, for instance:

• a cmd command to launch Task View?
    • an executable for Task View somewhere inside the system32 folder or something, which I can create a manual shortcut to
    • maybe an alternative keyboard shortcut not involving WinKey?
    Big thanks in advance, all the ideas are appreciated!

* I use SetPoint 6.32 for compatibility reasons, upgrading SetPoint to a new version (which supports Task View out of the box) is not an option because my mouse stops working properly.

pureby, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Task View

It's the Task View, not the Task Bar, that is the problem. I should be getting the popup (right clicking on Task View) showing the options for additional Desktops, not the five options for the Task Bar. A 'chat' with MS Solutions said that I should reinstall
    Windows 10 to MAYBE correct this problem. Any suggestions to correct?? Thanks for your interest...I really appreciate it.
    The Task View is the only feature that I may like on 10!!

Whitfield orWiemholt, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Is there a way to move windows between monitors in task view?

Task view in windows 10

Hello ReinaldoEspinosa

i suggest to Follow the below steps:

To start your system in safe mode with Networking, follow the below steps:

Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.

Select Troubleshoot.

Select Advance Option.

Select Startup Settings.

Follow the on Screen instruction.

Select Safe mode with Networking, from the list of options

Also you can to restart Windows Explorer

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete from you Keyboard.

Then click on Task Manager.

Now find Windows Explorer from process list of windows task manager.

Right click on Windows Explorer & select restart.

Let me know if it works or you need further assistance.

Regards

MarcosAraujo2, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to move windows between monitors in task view?

1. Is there a way to move windows between monitors in task view? - Similar Threads - move between monitors

2. Help with moving windows between monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with moving windows between monitors.: Pressing windows+shift+right/left arrow key has stopped working for me, and i have no idea why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-moving-windows-between-monitors/2e4a5ab8-1d1b-4497-a98a-fb5738a45fc2
  3. Help with moving windows between monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with moving windows between monitors.: Pressing windows+shift+right/left arrow key has stopped working for me, and i have no idea why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-moving-windows-between-monitors/2e4a5ab8-1d1b-4497-a98a-fb5738a45fc2
  4. Problems moving cursor between monitors,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems moving cursor between monitors,: Problems moving cursor between monitors, Was working earlier but cannot move cursor now after some tweaking. I can move browser frames partially into adjacent screens but not to the point that the pointer will enter. I' think I might know where the problem is... looking at...
  5. Is there a way to swap between different monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to swap between different monitors: I have currently got 2 monitors, and will shortly have 3. I have 1 set up as my normal monitor for general usage and gaming, and a second monitor separate on a racing simulator. Currently i have to unplug my display port cable from my pc from the monitor in use for windows...
  6. How can I switch between monitors by keyboard shortcuts in task view

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I switch between monitors by keyboard shortcuts in task view: Sorry for language mistakes. I will give an example. I have two monitors and on each screen i open two programs. When i press “win + tab” (task view mode) i have two programs on the left monitor and two on the right. I can choose each program by arrows from right monitor but...
  7. Issue moving windowed game between monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue moving windowed game between monitors: The game is NexusTK. When moving the game to any monitor but the default one, the game will no longer update any graphics. This works correctly on Windows 7 to this day, but is broken on the win10 upgrade. This is not related to my hardware as this is a widespread issue...
  8. Moving cursor between two monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving cursor between two monitors: I have a monitor connected to my lap top in order to have two screens available. Cannot figure out how to move the cursor from one screen to the other....
  9. Windows Moving Between Monitors By Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Moving Between Monitors By Themselves: Hey guys, first post on the forum and quite an annoying bug. I'm running Windows 10 Professional, and have a triple monitor setup. I have two 22" Dell monitors side by side, and I have my 55" Vizio TV mounted on the wall above my monitors. The Dell monitors are connected to...
  10. Alternative way to launch Task View ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative way to launch Task View ?: Hello everyone! I'd love to map Windows 10's Task View to one of my mouse's buttons, but SetPoint* (the software for my Logitech mouse) does not support WinKey-based keyboard shortcuts, so mapping WinKey+Tab is impossible. I was wondering if there is any alternative way...