Windows 10: Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

Discus and support Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys! Just updated today, and I'm finding something incredible annoying about win10 and that is the Settings app that is use to set up display,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doghateburger, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

Hey guys!

Just updated today, and I'm finding something incredible annoying about win10 and that is the Settings app that is use to set up display, and other stuff.

While its helpful in some areas, it seem to be short in others, and simple things like changing the wallpaper on your second display is a pain now. I'm wondering if theres a way to disable this, or default some functions to the old app like Display Settings, and Personalisation

Any help on this issue would be appreciated! *Biggrin

:)

doghateburger, Feb 20, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Is there a way to use an Android app on a Windows device

Duplicate post- merged

Can an Android app be run under Windows 10 ?

I have a couple of Windows devices that are tablets.

Is there a way to run an Android app?

lacrumb, Feb 20, 2016
  3. G.Ilex Win User
    Is there a way to use an Android app on a Windows device

Simple answer is no, Android and Windows are different eco systems and not compatible

G.Ilex, Feb 20, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

Brink, Feb 20, 2016
  5. Thanks Brink!

This is most helpful! *Biggrin

doghateburger, Feb 21, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Feb 21, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    Most of Control Panel is still around but Microsoft have said that they intend to switch everything over to the new Settings app.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

1. Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app - Similar Threads - Settings app

2. Settings app does not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app does not open: I have a problem with my settings app, no matter how I open it, it does not seem to want to open, and I have tried the same on a different user, on their account, the settings app DID open, is there a way to get the settings app openI feel like I have to specify, the user was...
  3. Settings app does not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app does not open: I have a problem with my settings app, no matter how I open it, it does not seem to want to open, and I have tried the same on a different user, on their account, the settings app DID open, is there a way to get the settings app openI feel like I have to specify, the user was...
  4. Settings app freezes when trying to access Capture Settings for Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app freezes when trying to access Capture Settings for Game Bar: I use Game Bar for recording videos and also capturing clips in multiple games. However, Game Bar's capture feature has been acting up recently and I tried opening the settings for it in order to adjust my recording settings. Whenever I use the settings app to open up Capture...
  5. Settings app freezes when trying to access Capture Settings for Game Bar

Settings app freezes when trying to access Capture Settings for Game Bar: I use Game Bar for recording videos and also capturing clips in multiple games. However, Game Bar's capture feature has been acting up recently and I tried opening the settings for it in order to adjust my recording settings. Whenever I use the settings app to open up Capture...
  6. Windows 10 - set default file association but default app file type does not display in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - set default file association but default app file type does not display in...: Hello, I have a number of video files in one folder whose file extension type is .vhs. Whenever I try to play a video, I'm prompted to select a file type. Microsoft Moves & TV does not come up as a option to associate the file type with. In Windows Settings, Choose default...
  7. Windows 10 - set default file association but default app file type does not display in...

Windows 10 - set default file association but default app file type does not display in...: Hello, I have a number of video files in one folder whose file extension type is .vhs. Whenever I try to play a video, I'm prompted to select a file type. Microsoft Moves & TV does not come up as a option to associate the file type with. In Windows Settings, Choose default...
  8. Windows 10 - set default file association but default app file type does not display in...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Broken Settings app after Changing and removing System Language

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken Settings app after Changing and removing System Language: Hello, I have this problem I installed Windows 10 Home N 20H2 using English US iso since the only accessible iso in my language is only 21H2&22H2, but not 20H2. When I finished installing Windows I then installed my language pack first thing,but I noticed that English US is...
  10. Broken Settings app after Changing and removing System Language

Broken Settings app after Changing and removing System Language: Hello, I have this problem I installed Windows 10 Home N 20H2 using English US iso since the only accessible iso in my language is only 21H2&22H2, but not 20H2. When I finished installing Windows I then installed my language pack first thing,but I noticed that English US is...