Windows 10: Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

Discus and support Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys! Just updated today, and I'm finding something incredible annoying about win10 and that is the Settings app that is use to set up display,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doghateburger, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

Hey guys!

Just updated today, and I'm finding something incredible annoying about win10 and that is the Settings app that is use to set up display, and other stuff.

While its helpful in some areas, it seem to be short in others, and simple things like changing the wallpaper on your second display is a pain now. I'm wondering if theres a way to disable this, or default some functions to the old app like Display Settings, and Personalisation

Any help on this issue would be appreciated! *Biggrin

:)

doghateburger, Feb 20, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Is there a way to use an Android app on a Windows device

Duplicate post- merged

Can an Android app be run under Windows 10 ?

I have a couple of Windows devices that are tablets.

Is there a way to run an Android app?

lacrumb, Feb 20, 2016
  3. G.Ilex Win User
    Is there a way to use an Android app on a Windows device

Simple answer is no, Android and Windows are different eco systems and not compatible

G.Ilex, Feb 20, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

Brink, Feb 20, 2016
  5. Thanks Brink!

This is most helpful! *Biggrin

doghateburger, Feb 21, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Feb 21, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    Most of Control Panel is still around but Microsoft have said that they intend to switch everything over to the new Settings app.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

1. Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app - Similar Threads - Settings app

2. I can't open the settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open the settings app: Hello everyone, it's been over a month. I couldn't open settings on my laptop and windows didn't show any error at that time. But today after about 10 hours, when I opened the installation application, windows reported an error code picture below. I have tried restarting the...
  3. I can't open the settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open the settings app: Hello everyone, it's been over a month. I couldn't open settings on my laptop and windows didn't show any error at that time. But today after about 10 hours, when I opened the installation application, windows reported an error code picture below. I have tried restarting the...
  4. Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...: . I'm getting the 'this app not Microsoft verified' message so I have gone into Settings/Apps & can see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open Advanced App there is no choose option, only Share, Aliases & Archive. Can anyone help please?...
  5. Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...

Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...: . I'm getting the 'this app not Microsoft verified' message so I have gone into Settings/Apps & can see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open Advanced App there is no choose option, only Share, Aliases & Archive. Can anyone help please?...
  6. How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?: Hi,I have VMware Professional 17 but i still have the player 17, even though i cant see it through control panel nor settings. Its still on my computer, I uninstalled it, but it still on my system. Its not even at file explorer as it is replaced with the pro version.I tried...
  7. How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?

How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?: Hi,I have VMware Professional 17 but i still have the player 17, even though i cant see it through control panel nor settings. Its still on my computer, I uninstalled it, but it still on my system. Its not even at file explorer as it is replaced with the pro version.I tried...
  8. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app: I'm having trouble with accessing printer's preferences via settings-app. Please see details:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78333888/xerox-6204-cant-access-printers-preferences-via-settings-app...
  9. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app: I'm having trouble with accessing printer's preferences via settings-app. Please see details:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78333888/xerox-6204-cant-access-printers-preferences-via-settings-app...
  10. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Customization