Windows 10: Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

Discus and support Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys! Just updated today, and I'm finding something incredible annoying about win10 and that is the Settings app that is use to set up display,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doghateburger, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

Hey guys!

Just updated today, and I'm finding something incredible annoying about win10 and that is the Settings app that is use to set up display, and other stuff.

While its helpful in some areas, it seem to be short in others, and simple things like changing the wallpaper on your second display is a pain now. I'm wondering if theres a way to disable this, or default some functions to the old app like Display Settings, and Personalisation

Any help on this issue would be appreciated! *Biggrin

:)

doghateburger, Feb 20, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Is there a way to use an Android app on a Windows device

Duplicate post- merged

Can an Android app be run under Windows 10 ?

I have a couple of Windows devices that are tablets.

Is there a way to run an Android app?

lacrumb, Feb 20, 2016
  3. G.Ilex Win User
    Is there a way to use an Android app on a Windows device

Simple answer is no, Android and Windows are different eco systems and not compatible

G.Ilex, Feb 20, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

Brink, Feb 20, 2016
  5. Thanks Brink!

This is most helpful! *Biggrin

doghateburger, Feb 21, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Feb 21, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    Most of Control Panel is still around but Microsoft have said that they intend to switch everything over to the new Settings app.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

1. Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app - Similar Threads - Settings app

2. Windows 10 and hDPI laptop screen - blurry font in certain settings and apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 and hDPI laptop screen - blurry font in certain settings and apps: Hello guys, I am running Windows 10 Pro on my laptop with hDPI screen (3000x2000) and I have issues with blurry font in some Windows settings and in some programs. I have latest Intel GPU and nVidia drivers, ClearType font is on, Smooth edges of screen fonts is on. My...
  3. In App Purchases are NOT requiring a password - and my settings are correct to require one

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    In App Purchases are NOT requiring a password - and my settings are correct to require one: Hi there! My Microsoft store settings are properly set that a password is required for purchases radio button OFF. However, my daughter who loves to get onto Mommy's laptop is buying items from the Microsoft store through Roblox app without being required to enter the...
  4. Mail App on PC - settings option not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App on PC - settings option not visible: I used to had a good signature which has recently been replaced with the default windows 10 one. There is no settings option gear in the app so how to I do I change it?? Thanks, Jules [ATTACH]...
  5. 3 out of the last 4 sets of 24 hours wasted trying to get my Phone apps in sync between the...

3 out of the last 4 sets of 24 hours wasted trying to get my Phone apps in sync between the...: I have an HP Windows 10 15-da0073ms with Windows 10 Preinstalled. I a long time ago installed the Your Phone Companion from the Google Play Store & on my PC the Your Phone app from the Microsoft Windows Store. Both downloaded & installed around 1 Year ago from today 03.29/20....
  6. Privacy Settings - App permissions, why two settings for basically the same?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy Settings - App permissions, why two settings for basically the same?: Hello everybody, in the Privacy Settings under App permissions there are basically three settings for every sub-item: Allow access to xyz on this device. Allow apps to access xyz and choose which apps can access xyz. What's the difference between the first two? With...
  7. Legacy Control Panel on Windows 10 could soon be hidden in favor of new Settings app

Legacy Control Panel on Windows 10 could soon be hidden in favor of new Settings app: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Albert-React [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/foroee/legacy_control_panel_on_windows_10_could_soon_be/
  8. Not being able to type in any windows related apps/functions e.g: search box, settings...

Not being able to type in any windows related apps/functions e.g: search box, settings...: Since I updated recently to Windows 10 1909, I haven't been able to type in any windows related apps but i can still type in any other programs. Could someone please help me solve this issue....
  9. Photo App - Restrict "Set As"

Photo App - Restrict "Set As": Hi, we lock down the ability for users to set their own lock screen/background images. But, this can be bypassed by opening an image in the Photos app, right click > Set as lock screen. How do we restrict that ability? submitted by /u/shamalam91 [link] [comments]...
  10. Settings app crashes and closes instantly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes and closes instantly: I have an expected problem here. I went to Settings > Personalisation > Colours but every time I click on custom colour, the app crashes for a few seconds and then closes instantly. I don't know what caused this but I really have to get it fixed. Can anyone give me any...