Windows 10: Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

Discus and support Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys! Just updated today, and I'm finding something incredible annoying about win10 and that is the Settings app that is use to set up display,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doghateburger, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

Hey guys!

Just updated today, and I'm finding something incredible annoying about win10 and that is the Settings app that is use to set up display, and other stuff.

While its helpful in some areas, it seem to be short in others, and simple things like changing the wallpaper on your second display is a pain now. I'm wondering if theres a way to disable this, or default some functions to the old app like Display Settings, and Personalisation

Any help on this issue would be appreciated! *Biggrin

:)

doghateburger, Feb 20, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Is there a way to use an Android app on a Windows device

Duplicate post- merged

Can an Android app be run under Windows 10 ?

I have a couple of Windows devices that are tablets.

Is there a way to run an Android app?

lacrumb, Feb 20, 2016
  3. G.Ilex Win User
    Is there a way to use an Android app on a Windows device

Simple answer is no, Android and Windows are different eco systems and not compatible

G.Ilex, Feb 20, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

Brink, Feb 20, 2016
  5. Thanks Brink!

This is most helpful! *Biggrin

doghateburger, Feb 21, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Feb 21, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    Most of Control Panel is still around but Microsoft have said that they intend to switch everything over to the new Settings app.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app

1. Is there a way to not use Windows 10 Settings app - Similar Threads - Settings app

2. After 2 days all my apps, settings windows, install windows will close (except for Google...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After 2 days all my apps, settings windows, install windows will close (except for Google...: Any help? New computer too, was hoping to just get back to work and games... submitted by /u/SkillSkillFiretruck [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxe29k/after_2_days_all_my_apps_settings_windows_install/
  3. "Graphics Settings" does'nt have "Classic App" option in the drop down list

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Graphics Settings" does'nt have "Classic App" option in the drop down list: i was trying to setting my obs so i can display my dekstop, i read online that i have to assign classic app at graphic setting, but i cant find the classic app option, its only show desktop app, and microsoft store app, please help : i use laptop by the way i5 gen 4, gtx...
  4. Need help setting up Windows Store/Xbox app on fresh windows install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Need help setting up Windows Store/Xbox app on fresh windows install: Windows Store app is trying to make me re download and install all the games in my library before the new install of windows, but Ive found where all the files were housed before the install, on my second drive, and dont know how to update the library so that it shows ive...
  5. Unable to Set App and Game Limits

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Set App and Game Limits: Besides for my screen time limits not working at all my kids have access at all times of day and night and can use the computer well over the amount of hours set as well as outside the times set I am completely unable to set app and game limits. When I click on App and Game...
  6. How Defender treats deleted apps after restoring default settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Defender treats deleted apps after restoring default settings: A lot of pre-installed apps that I consider bloatware which included Store apps that can be uninstalled in Apps and Features, as well as bloatware device Manufacturer apps, were pre-installed by Windows during the initial OS install. I had uninstalled mostly ALL since then...
  7. Settings app error: This app can't open

Settings app error: This app can't open: I can no longer open my Settings app on my Win10 Acer laptop. The error I get is "This app can't open" and says to try a refresh to resolve it. I did a refresh and still am getting this error. Is there a fix for this issue or do I have to do a full wipe of my laptop and...
  8. Settings, Weather, Microsoft Store and many other Microsoft apps are not displaying their icon.

Settings, Weather, Microsoft Store and many other Microsoft apps are not displaying their icon.: Hello! One day ago I finally updated my PC to 20H2. When the update was completed first I saw the new Start Menu it looks amazing BUT i saw the settings icon and many other apps icon were there without any problems Then I went to Check for Updates and I saw the "Optional...
  9. Windows 10 Your Phone app now lets you control your phone settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Your Phone app now lets you control your phone settings: Microsoft’s Your Phone app has been around for a while now and it was updated last year with a bunch of exciting features. Your Phone app for Windows 10 currently lets you sync your photos/notifications and calls from your phone to your PC, and view Android apps on the...
  10. Windows 10 Your Phone app gets new buttons to control phone settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Your Phone app gets new buttons to control phone settings: Starting with the Your Phone app version 1.21012.195.0 on your Windows 10 PC, you can use new buttons on the navigation bar to quickly control your phone's volume, audio player, Bluetooth, and Do Not Disturb settings. You can now also click anywhere on your phone's...