Windows 10: Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone?

Discus and support Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I found how to disable webcam and mic but I have to disable it for all apps if I want to turn it off Is there a way to only allow specific apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UltraMiner245, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone?

I found how to disable webcam and mic but I have to disable it for all apps if I want to turn it off

Is there a way to only allow specific apps access? I just want one app to be able to access my webcam and mic but not the others

:)

UltraMiner245, Aug 26, 2020

2. specific app access to camera and microphone

Hello, I am trying to allow access to my camera and microphone to my school's testing website. I have already clicked "On" under allow apps access. However, I do not see this particular app listed. How do I know if this app has access?

LarrieshaHouston, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Microphone - Allow Desktop (Same with Camera)

Under Settings > Privacy > Microphone, there is a section Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access your microphone, while at the same time, there is another section "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone". I am very clear on the Microsoft Store
    apps. But what are the desktop apps and Window features that need access to the microphone (and camera) that is outside of the Microsoft Store apps?

Hey there MSSW, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone?

Smeed, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone?

1. Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone? - Similar Threads - allow specific desktop

2. Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted...: Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted application. Asking for Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-restrict-browser-access-but/bfd40041-5f6f-43c0-87c5-ee325eb4397d
  3. Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted...: Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted application. Asking for Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-restrict-browser-access-but/bfd40041-5f6f-43c0-87c5-ee325eb4397d
  4. "Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings: Hi under the microphone privacy settings I have the option to chose which Microsoft store apps can access my microphone however the option to allow desktop apps access is not there. I've installed all avaialble windows updates and been looking for fixes but everything...
  5. allowing camera to be accessed by apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    allowing camera to be accessed by apps: I cannot click on the "change" box to allow a camera to be used. it's greyed out and unclickable. i cannot remember if there was an option when installing windows to not allow camera access. if there was one, i most likely clicked no. anyone got a fix for this???[ATTACH]...
  6. Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing

Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing: Hello, I was trying to fix some settings in our pc and then I remembered that I couldn't use the microphone ingame, so I checked it out in the privacy settings, but when I opened it up I noticed that it didn't have the "Allow desktop apps to access microphone" section. Im...
  7. "Remote Desktop Connection" missing from list of "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone"

"Remote Desktop Connection" missing from list of "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone": OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Why is Remote desktop connection not showing in the list? I have seen it on 2 other computers so I feel like it should be there. [ATTACH]...
  8. specific app access to camera and microphone

specific app access to camera and microphone: Hello, I am trying to allow access to my camera and microphone to my school's testing website. I have already clicked "On" under allow apps access. However, I do not see this particular app listed. How do I know if tis app has access?...
  9. Microphone - Allow Desktop Same with Camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone - Allow Desktop Same with Camera: Under Settings > Privacy > Microphone, there is a section Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access your microphone, while at the same time, there is another section "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone". I am very clear on the Microsoft Store apps. But what are...
  10. microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...