Windows 10: Is there a way to open .eml files in Win 10 Mail App as email templates?

Discus and support Is there a way to open .eml files in Win 10 Mail App as email templates? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I have some .eml file. If I open it using Outlook it is opened as an email which is ready to be sent I see 'send' button and also 'from' and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ВойтенокВячеслав, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Is there a way to open .eml files in Win 10 Mail App as email templates?

Hello.

I have some .eml file. If I open it using Outlook it is opened as an email which is ready to be sent I see 'send' button and also 'from' and 'to' address fields.
    But if I use Win10 Mail App, an .eml file is opened in read-only mode: mail app shows file data, but no 'send' button and address fields. Is there a way to open .eml files with mail app in the the way they are opened with Outlook?

Thanks.

:)

ВойтенокВячеслав, Feb 15, 2021
  2. nt62 Win User

mail app NOT eml

Am I missing something ?
    Mail App doesn't open .eml files ?

Mail App doesn't have > save as > .eml or .htm or .txt ?

Mail App doesn't have an option to display as list summaries ?

3. how do I import .eml files to windows 10 mail?

What exactly do you mean by this?

1. How do you "go to the WLM data store" ??

2. And when you get there, how do you "open an eml file" ??

WLM data store

Goto File -> Options -> Mail -> Advanced tab -> Click on Maintenance -> Click on Store Folder

This will show where WLM stores it's data. Copy and paste into Explorer

In here you will see folders with your email accounts find the correct one and you will see your emails with .eml on the end

Open an EML file

If you double click on a .eml it will open with WLM if you right click and "open with" you can choose "Mail" the Win 10 Mail app and it open with the Win 10 Mail app instead of WLM

Grandpa666, Feb 15, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Is there a way to open .eml files in Win 10 Mail App as email templates?

Open eml files correctly

Take a look here. Several ways to open them. EML files are essentially email files.

3 Easy Ways to Open EML Files (with Pictures) - wikiHow

f14tomcat, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to open .eml files in Win 10 Mail App as email templates?

1. Is there a way to open .eml files in Win 10 Mail App as email templates? - Similar Threads - open eml files

2. Trying to find .eml files for Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to find .eml files for Windows Mail app: Where is it located? I looked into this folder: C:\Users\rahul\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState but can't find any folder which contains .eml files....
  3. Where does Mail 10 store emails & in what file format (it's not .eml!)

in Browsers and Email
    Where does Mail 10 store emails & in what file format (it's not .eml!): Hi Everyone, I am using Windows 10 (Home - v1803) and the Mail 10 app for my emails. I want to migrate from 'Mail 10' to Outlook 2016. I don't know where Mail 10 stores emails (I don't even know what file format 'Mail 10' stores emails in!). I have searched my hard drive...
  4. EML (.eml) Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EML (.eml) Files: I have several .eml files saved to "Documents". While these will open with "Mail" there does not seem to be any option to "Print". Previously I had had these open with "Windows Live Mail" but this is no longer an option after latest update. Present option is to use EML -->...
  5. Can't open win 10 mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open win 10 mail app: The mail app is installed but it says it can't be opened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-win-10-mail-app/be954bd7-8d3f-4f00-aa12-e5c3d9d5e335
  6. Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail: Hello I have .eml files stored on disk but outside of Windows 10 Mail. I need to import them into Windows 10 Mail. If I double-click one of them, Windows 10 Mail opens the email in a separate window with no action options. It appears to be simply a reader program. The...
  7. Eml mail

in Browsers and Email
    Eml mail: ​How do you open Eml mail in Windows 10? 33545
  8. Open eml files correctly

in Browsers and Email
    Open eml files correctly: What’s the best method or software (or app) to open them even when they have attachments? 94273
  9. mail app NOT eml

in Browsers and Email
    mail app NOT eml: Am I missing something ? Mail App doesn't open .eml files ? Mail App doesn't have > save as > .eml or .htm or .txt ? Mail App doesn't have an option to display as list summaries ? 7939
  10. How to Open .eml files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Open .eml files?: The Mail App doesn't seem capable. It can't open .eml files either. 24494