Windows 10: Is there a way to permanently stop Windows 10 from updating drivers?

Discus and support Is there a way to permanently stop Windows 10 from updating drivers? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to stop my Windows 10 home from updating drivers. I have my connection set to metered but some updates still sneak through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesC_02, Oct 2, 2020.

1. JamesC_02 Win User

Is there a way to permanently stop Windows 10 from updating drivers?

Hello,

I would like to stop my Windows 10 home from updating drivers. I have my connection set to metered but some updates still sneak through without alerting me before downloading.

The reason I want to stop them is because the last few updates I've had have caused issues. One in particular is the Intel SCSIAdapter 17.5.3.1023 - this has supposedly updated/installed multiple times throughout the past year according to my history. I remember it caused boot issues the first time it updated so I did a windows restore to fix it. It successfully updated without my knowledge a few months back and everything seemed to be working fine until last night I saw that windows had updated it again to the same version.. and my only option was to update and shutdown.

After doing that, I came back hours later only to see my desktop still had power on but all input devices weren't getting power so i powered it down manually. After turning it on and trying to shutdown again, it did the same thing. All power to monitors/external devices were cut but the desktop still had lights on and I could hear something still on in there.

I've rolled back the driver now and it's fine but I'd like to permanently stop windows from updating cause it seems to be causing me more issues than it solves. Thank you

:)

JamesC_02, Oct 2, 2020
  2. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, Oct 3, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a way to permanently stop Windows 10 from updating drivers? - Similar Threads - permanently stop updating

2. How to permanently stop Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently stop Windows 10 Updates: I need to permanently stop Windows 10 updates. Is this even possible anymore?The updates destroy my equipment drivers - this renders the equipment and computer as completely useless.All I need to do is to stop it automatically updating=problem solved.If its not possible then...
  3. Permanently Stop Windows 10 from updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permanently Stop Windows 10 from updating: I want to completely disable windows 10 from updating. Windows update constantly wastes my time and stops running programs to update only to show an error message saying it can not complete the changes and has to revert to the old settings. It will not allow me to set the 7...
  4. Is there a way to permanently disable Windows 10 updates?

Is there a way to permanently disable Windows 10 updates?: Hello, I have been having issues with windows updates as I have a 2GB/day data limit I usually pause the updates but after pausing I can`t seem to pause it permanently with methods on internet and updates resume eating my data limit. Is there a way to permanently disable the...
  5. Best Way to Permanently Block Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best Way to Permanently Block Windows 10 Updates: The updates are worse than any security threats. What is the best way to block them entirely. Programs like shutdownblocker seem to not work long term. submitted by /u/uspsman [link] [comments]...
  6. How to permanently stop Windows 10 Professional from updating

How to permanently stop Windows 10 Professional from updating: Hello [ first a long context explanation ] This does it. This update broke just too many things and I don't even have the option for a rollback. The only difference between malware and Microsoft products is that you rarely pay for a Malware infection in advance. Now I'm...
  7. Stop windows 10 update permanently

Stop windows 10 update permanently: We are facing one issue with window 10 PC in the field. When we connect internet with the PC the system automatically gets into window update mode & if someone shutdown the system in between this process he window gets corrupt. Please look into the matter & provide some...
  8. Permanently stop windows updates

Permanently stop windows updates: Permanently stop windows updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-stop-windows-updates/43774801-08a6-4d7d-9562-ad2dc70f1606
  9. permanently stop windows updates

permanently stop windows updates: permanently stop windows updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-stop-windows-updates/4644841c-00bf-453a-ba0e-a9e175a8cf73
  10. permanently stop windows updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    permanently stop windows updates: permanently stop windows updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-stop-windows-updates/90d7873d-0af3-4f7f-9b22-e69d050aa606