Windows 10: Is there a way to pin active windows in the task bar?

Discus and support Is there a way to pin active windows in the task bar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I setup my taskbar so the labels are always showing and never grouped, I fits better with my workflow. I was wondering if it is possible to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hambakku, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Is there a way to pin active windows in the task bar?

I setup my taskbar so the labels are always showing and never grouped, I fits better with my workflow.

I was wondering if it is possible to have something like chrome's has the "Pin tab" feature where the name(label) of one specific tab is hidden and only the icon stays there and the tab goes automatically to the right leaving the tab dock a little cleaner. All the other tasks would remain the same, showing label and icon.
    I have tasks on my taskbar that would benefit from that, I usually only open one instance of chrome and Microsoft To Do, for example.

Hope this is clear, thank you!

submitted by /u/hambakku
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hambakku, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Mikky_888 Win User

how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, Mar 16, 2020
  3. sixt5cuda Win User
    Windows 10 lost my pinned OneDrive file links on the task bar

First, my files are not missing, I simply cannot access them the same way I did with Windows 8 and 8.1

Correct behavior from Windows 8.1:

1) Open Windows Explorer

2) Find and open Notepad file "Notes.txt" located in a OneDrive folder

3) Notepad is pinned to the task bar

4) Right-click on Notepad icon in task bar

5) List of recent files appears, including files recently opened on OneDrive

6) Right-click on "Notes.txt", left-click on Pin To This List

7) "Notes.txt" is now quickly accessible from the list of files in the Notepad list on the task bar

Under Windows 10, step 5 is broken. Files located on OneDrive never appear in the list of recent items for a pinned application on the task bar. This behavior is duplicated on the Start Menu Jump List.

Under Windows 8.1, I had many pinned documents connected to applications on my task bar. As soon as Windows 10 booted the first time, these links disappeared. Links to documents on the desktop or in my local Documents folder, remained linked to task bar
    applications.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or is it just my computer?

sixt5cuda, Mar 16, 2020
  4. JayPhi Win User

Is there a way to pin active windows in the task bar?

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to pin active windows in the task bar?

1. Is there a way to pin active windows in the task bar? - Similar Threads - pin active task

2. pin note pad to task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin note pad to task bar: how do i pin note pad to task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-note-pad-to-task-bar/c5af42b6-e420-4294-b4bd-0ff9f06ef0c9
  3. Is there a way to have folders in the task bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have folders in the task bar?: For example, I have separate icons in the taskbar for Steam, SteamVR, and Blizzard games launcher. Is there a way to have all of those shortcuts in one folder, so when I click on the folder it expands and shows the separate shortcuts within it? submitted by /u/DippySwitch...
  4. Pin from task bar to desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin from task bar to desktop?: I had google chrome on pc (account 1) It appears on taskbar so I pinned it for convenience However, it doesn’t appear on the desktop(apps and all) the chrome on desktop is account 2 I want to pin account 1 google to desktop from taskbar TLDR, 2 chromes at the bottom, both...
  5. Pin calendar to Task Bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pin calendar to Task Bar: How do I pin Google Calendar to Windows 10 Task Bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-calendar-to-task-bar/3ba48086-842c-4bf8-99c3-2baa18de3914
  6. How to pin printer to task bar

How to pin printer to task bar: how to pin printer to task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-printer-to-task-bar/5402dbba-5ec5-45d0-8a54-bca5819fcc53
  7. pin task manager to task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pin task manager to task bar: Hi, I don't have a question about this I have a solution as I was looking around to find how I might do this all the answers I found were no correct. for some reason the task manager is not in the same place as other apps in windows 10 I found it by left clicking the...
  8. pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?

pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?: How do I pin an icon shortcut into the task bar? the onscreen instructions do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-an-icon-shortcut-into-the-task-bar/2234bfb6-c1d5-4c5d-b851-4b62ef5612a1
  9. how to Pin window preview in task bar

how to Pin window preview in task bar: how to Pin window preview in task bar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/how-to-pin-window-preview-in-task-bar/b68ca820-03ad-4fc2-8555-00875914402d
  10. Pinning programmes to task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning programmes to task bar: If we pinned a program to a task bar,It will run on ram with the startup=? Is it causes to Ram? or it is like a shortcut in the desktop?...