Windows 10: Is there a way to pin apps to the notification area? either built-in or using a 3rd party...

Discus and support Is there a way to pin apps to the notification area? either built-in or using a 3rd party... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to pin the "Your Phone" app and/or Media controls to my notification center so it's only a three finger tap away from me and remains open in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aNeonSpecter, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Is there a way to pin apps to the notification area? either built-in or using a 3rd party...

I want to pin the "Your Phone" app and/or Media controls to my notification center so it's only a three finger tap away from me and remains open in the background. Sometimes I keep Spotify minimized to tray cuz I don't want to deal with the window cluttering up my work flow, but sometimes I would like to know what song is playing. I would also like to keep the notifications from my phone grouped so they don't clutter my notification center.

Is there a program(s) that adds that functionality? or just something close.

submitted by /u/aNeonSpecter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aNeonSpecter, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Pin lock isn't locking Notification & Action area

I have applied pin to get back from lock screen it works well for desktop & app list but not for Notification & Action area.

When phone is locked with pin and requiring for pin still

1. I can open notification & action area

2. I can enable/disable any feature in action area(Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.)

3. I can read messages and even I can reply with Windows 10 new feature of replying from notification/action area

4. I can attend calls

Something really need to be done for these issues.

Thanks in advance,

Mujassir Nasir, Apr 6, 2020
  4. SarahKong Win User

Is there a way to pin apps to the notification area? either built-in or using a 3rd party...

Password (or PIN) Protecting 3rd Party App in Windows 10

Hi Pixelme ... great question, but unfortunately there is no way that Microsoft provides to password protect 3rd party apps.

The only thing I can suggest is find out from the 3rd party app if they have that capability. So for your example with Kindle, contact Kindle and see if there is a way.

It would be the 3rd party app that would develop that capability not Windows\Microsoft.

Now you can use bitlocker which encrypts your drive if you are concerned with data being compromised if your machine gets lost or stolen.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/402871...

SarahKong, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to pin apps to the notification area? either built-in or using a 3rd party...

1. Is there a way to pin apps to the notification area? either built-in or using a 3rd party... - Similar Threads - pin apps notification

2. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  3. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  4. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app: I use to be able to click on the 3 dots and open a jpeg in photos and use photoshop elements to edit the photo. I no longer have the option to edit in a 3rd party app with photos. Please help. Peg...
  6. Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app

Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app: I use to be able to click on the 3 dots and open a jpeg in photos and use photoshop elements to edit the photo. I no longer have the option to edit in a 3rd party app with photos. Please help. Peg...
  7. 3rd party apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3rd party apps not working: 3rd party apps are not working and wont download im not in S mode when I got to activation it says Windows 10 home edition. Anyone know why or have a solution I updated yesterday and steam and stuff quit working today....
  8. Opening a 3rd party app

Opening a 3rd party app: I keep getting this message when I click on a link to a purchase, "you'll need a new app to open this mql4buy" I understand Microsoft Store will not have an app for opening this file. The app I purchased works for Meta Trader 4, a platform for forex trading. Can I...
  9. Password (or PIN) Protecting 3rd Party App in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password (or PIN) Protecting 3rd Party App in Windows 10: I'm using Windows 10 Pro with latest (1809) Release. Does Microsoft provide it's Users with any means of Password Protecting or Locking 3rd Party Apps? This is a 'general question' not specific to any particular App, though - just at present - I'm trying to find a way to...
  10. Is there a way to change the notification area

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to change the notification area: Hi, I use Windows 10 OS. Everyday when I login to my laptop, there will be quite a number of new emails to outlook. These notifications appear on the bottom right hand side. As these numbers are many, I am unable to use any other icons there in the quick launch for...