Is there a way to pin folders to "This PC" list instead of quick acces

Discus and support Is there a way to pin folders to "This PC" list instead of quick acces in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; quick access is broken for me because i disabled it because it got annoying but i learned that the hard way and now i cant find the tutorial that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by firechuchu, Jul 10, 2018 at 1:34 AM.

1. firechuchu Win User

quick access is broken for me because i disabled it because it got annoying but i learned that the hard way and now i cant find the tutorial that i followed to re-enable it again so I instead want to pin thinsgs to This PC, but its not letting me I scowered the search for the tutorial for re-enabling quick access or the original disable quick access and I tried to find a tutorial on how to pin items to This PC but i didnt get anything, please help. everytime i install this program i have to reinstall it so works, so thats why i want a shortcut to it so i dont have to keep going through the path everytime to get to programfiles. It's program files x86 that i want to pin to This PC thanks and here is image of the problem https://prnt.sc/k4l67v

:)

2. Mohammed AliAli Win User

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 10, 2018 at 1:38 AM
  3. MinalHahm Win User
    Pin to Quick access - does not retain pinned folder list

The Pin to Quick access file list disappears every time after I've pinned numerous folders to it - typically after a sleep mode is deactivated. My
    laptop at home retains it but the one at work on my desktop DOES NOT.

4. Likhitha V Win User

Documents folder disappearing from quick access menu in Windows 10

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Along with the suggestion by KeithM-60601, I suggest you to try the below steps and let us know the status of the issue.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer and select This PC from the left side panel of the window.

• Open the file/folder you want to pin to Quick access.

• Right click on Quick access located on the left side panel of the window.

• Check if the file/folder is pinned to Quick access.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Thema:

1. Is there a way to pin folders to "This PC" list instead of quick acces - Similar Threads - pin folders list

2. Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned folders in taskbar opens CMD in default?: When I left click the folders in taskbar, for example, "Downloads" from the Library then the CMD shows up for half a second and disappears, it's fine when I double click the folders from the Windows Explorer window itself, but not in taskbar. Any ideas? 109404
  3. Cannot Create PIN After Deleting Contents of Ngc folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Create PIN After Deleting Contents of Ngc folder: My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account setting to create a pin. It asked me for my password to log in. I entered it and then nothing happened. Now when I go...
  4. Input Indicator and Adjust pinned folders launch speed etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Indicator and Adjust pinned folders launch speed etc: Input Indicator and Adjust pinned folders launch speed etc I just recently made a dual-boot of Win 10 Pro version 1511 (partition 1) and version 1703 (partition 2). I did that to see the differences of both. I observed that there is a bit of a delay when I right-click...
  5. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer: Hi, opened up the file explorer, quick access pinning works fine for all other folders, but I cannot pin the Desktop folder in there. It shows up in the folders pane on the left, (I have to scroll a way up to find it..) but using the 'pin to quick access' button in the...
  6. Automatically pin shortcuts in folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatically pin shortcuts in folder: Where dose windose 10 keep the real pinned information? I moved all my shortcuts over but it ignores them in the "AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar" folder, it will put a duplicate there once I re pin it using right click but...
  7. Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder: My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account setting to create a pin. It asked me for my password to log in. I entered it and then nothing happened. Now when I go...
  8. pin Google Drive folder to taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    pin Google Drive folder to taskbar in Windows 10: You're most welcome. I'm glad it was able to help. *Smile
  9. Arrange the pinned Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrange the pinned Folders: Hello,This is a quick question here (thanks). I just wanna ask how can I arrange my selected folders when I right-click the "File Explorer" in the taskar of Win 10 Pro? I usually can arrange them in Win 8.1 Pro but in Win 10 I can't move them. Can they be moved like...
  10. Document Folder pinned to opening the Cookies folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Document Folder pinned to opening the Cookies folder: I backup online with Carbonite and following my recent refresh of my laptop the files and folders in "Documents" are not being backed up. Carbonite support took control of my laptop and told me: "The Documents Folder shortcut from within the Windows File Explorer is pinned...