Windows 10: Is there a way to pin folders to "This PC" list instead of quick acces

Discus and support Is there a way to pin folders to "This PC" list instead of quick acces in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; quick access is broken for me because i disabled it because it got annoying but i learned that the hard way and now i cant find the tutorial that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by firechuchu, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Is there a way to pin folders to "This PC" list instead of quick acces

quick access is broken for me because i disabled it because it got annoying but i learned that the hard way and now i cant find the tutorial that i followed to re-enable it again so I instead want to pin thinsgs to This PC, but its not letting me I scowered the search for the tutorial for re-enabling quick access or the original disable quick access and I tried to find a tutorial on how to pin items to This PC but i didnt get anything, please help. everytime i install this program i have to reinstall it so works, so thats why i want a shortcut to it so i dont have to keep going through the path everytime to get to programfiles. It's program files x86 that i want to pin to This PC thanks and here is image of the problem https://prnt.sc/k4l67v

:)

firechuchu, Jul 10, 2018

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 10, 2018
  3. MinalHahm Win User
    Pin to Quick access - does not retain pinned folder list

The Pin to Quick access file list disappears every time after I've pinned numerous folders to it - typically after a sleep mode is deactivated. My
    laptop at home retains it but the one at work on my desktop DOES NOT.

MinalHahm, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Is there a way to pin folders to "This PC" list instead of quick acces

Documents folder disappearing from quick access menu in Windows 10

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Along with the suggestion by KeithM-60601, I suggest you to try the below steps and let us know the status of the issue.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer and select This PC from the left side panel of the window.

• Open the file/folder you want to pin to Quick access.

• Right click on Quick access located on the left side panel of the window.

• Check if the file/folder is pinned to Quick access.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Is there a way to pin folders to "This PC" list instead of quick acces

1. Is there a way to pin folders to "This PC" list instead of quick acces - Similar Threads - pin folders list

2. W10 RDS user file explorer pin to quick acces disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 RDS user file explorer pin to quick acces disappearing: Hi all,One of our customers has an issue that the pin to quick access files in the file explorer are disappearing every 2 weeks or so.They have multiple RDS servers with a Broker. So, the user has a roaming profile and an FSLogix profile. We’ve tried the following:Giving the...
  3. W10 RDS user file explorer pin to quick acces disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 RDS user file explorer pin to quick acces disappearing: Hi all,One of our customers has an issue that the pin to quick access files in the file explorer are disappearing every 2 weeks or so.They have multiple RDS servers with a Broker. So, the user has a roaming profile and an FSLogix profile. We’ve tried the following:Giving the...
  4. W10 RDS user file explorer pin to quick acces disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unable to pin folders to quick access

unable to pin folders to quick access: i can no longer pin to or view folders in my quick access due to the parameter being incorrect. i have found advice that starts with running a command that starts with "del" only to get "windows cannot find del". i do not know how to fix this when del, whatever it is,...
  6. Ccannot pin a folder to Quick Access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ccannot pin a folder to Quick Access: I get an error message this docfile has been corrupted when trying to pin something to Quick access. Moreover all the folders I had under Quick access are missing. Can I get them back in some way?...
  7. Pinned Quick Access Folders Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Quick Access Folders Gone: Was using my system today and I noticed that my pinned Quick Access folders had gone. Strange. Cannot remember actively removing them, they were a pretty curated bunch of folders. I used this tutorial to clear it all out: Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in...
  8. Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access

Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access: I can't seem to pin anything to Quick access .... I get an error message "this docfile has been corrupted". All the folders that were under Quick access are gone. How do I get it back? Thanks, JB * Moved from insider...
  9. Quick acces - can't delete shortcut to deleted folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick acces - can't delete shortcut to deleted folder: I added a folder to quick access in explorer. But after I deleted that folder I am unable to delete the item in quick access? *sarc 39707
  10. Quick access appears instead of folder content

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access appears instead of folder content: When I click on a folder on my desktop quick access appears instead of the folder content. https://fat.gfycat.com/PitifulCapitalChupacabra.webm I've just updated to w10 insider preview build 14361 but I have had this problem since build 14352. 52905