Windows 10: Is there a way to pre-change a process cpu affinity?

Discus and support Is there a way to pre-change a process cpu affinity? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been playing a game, but it uses all my cores and threads making my computer unstable, is there any way to change the priority of the process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel_pt1, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Is there a way to pre-change a process cpu affinity?

I've been playing a game, but it uses all my cores and threads making my computer unstable, is there any way to change the priority of the process before it even starts? I've tried using a key in the registry to change the affinity of a process, I've tried to use a "NT AUTHORITY/System" Process explorer to change it, but no success, every error message says "Access denied".

Is there any way to really change the process affinity before it even starts so I can have a better experience?

:)

Daniel_pt1, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

CPU / CPU Processor problems / Processor affinity

We appreciate the information you provided. Your processor is working as expected. CPU affinity is only showing CPU (0) since 1 processor is working at the moment. It's very likely that your computer is using a balanced power plan, so we suggest changing
    your power plan to High Performance by following these steps:

• Right-click Start.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Choose High Performance.

In addition to that, we recommend installing the latest updates to keep your system current and secure. Go to
    Start > Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.

Some programs may also be automatically launching whenever you boot your computer, affecting the performance. To disable them, follow these steps:

• Right-click your taskbar.
    • Click Task Manager.
    • Under the Startup tab, find the programs that you don't need.
    • Right-click the program and choose Disable.

You're also using your computer for a game that was designed to run on an earlier version of Windows, so it's possible that it's slowing down your computer. In this case, use the Compatibility Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with the program using
    these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
    • Click Next.
    • Choose the program from the list and click Next.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Aug 30, 2020
  4. hajen Win User

Is there a way to pre-change a process cpu affinity?

hajen, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to pre-change a process cpu affinity?

1. Is there a way to pre-change a process cpu affinity? - Similar Threads - pre change process

2. How to change CPU affinity FOREVER?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change CPU affinity FOREVER?: I am useing 12 core CPU and i don't know why it only set to use core 0,1,2 when play games and that make my PC really lag sometime, take a month to find is CPU affinity problem, i change it to core0 to core7 but everytime i close and open the app it change back, I want to...
  3. How to change CPU affinity FOREVER?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change CPU affinity FOREVER?: I am useing 12 core CPU and i don't know why it only set to use core 0,1,2 when play games and that make my PC really lag sometime, take a month to find is CPU affinity problem, i change it to core0 to core7 but everytime i close and open the app it change back, I want to...
  4. How to change CPU affinity FOREVER?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. affinity level CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    affinity level CPU: I have a program that starts running too much CPU usage. The last time this program did this it was on an over the top 36 core something or other laptop, I like to call it the Unicorn laptop. To solve the issue I set the affinity level down to 8 cores from task manager...
  6. affinity level CPU

affinity level CPU: I have a program that starts running too much CPU usage. The last time this program did this it was on an over the top 36 core something or other laptop, I like to call it the Unicorn laptop. To solve the issue I set the affinity level down to 8 cores from task manager...
  7. affinity level CPU

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Is there a way to set processor affinity for a process using commands invoked from within...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way to set processor affinity for a process using commands invoked from within...: I have a processor/memory -intensive program that runs twice as fast if I affiniate it to a single processor. Is there a command to perform the task that I currently do manually via task manager after having the program's initialization pause and ask me to do it manually via...
  9. CPU Affinity defaulting to only using 4/12 cores for all processes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Affinity defaulting to only using 4/12 cores for all processes.: All processes start with an affinity that only uses the first 4 cores. Is this normal? Any ideas what to look into to find the cause if it is not? I'm using an i9 and an asus motherboard if that helps... Please don't tell me I can set it myself with task manager... that is...
  10. W10 App CPU Affinity shortcut

W10 App CPU Affinity shortcut: Greetings everyone I am hoping somebody out there can help me. I wish to create a shortcut for a .exe app where I set the CPU affinity to use 3 of my 4 cores. I have tried using my old powershell batch that worked with windows 7 and I have tried following the tutorial on...