Windows 10: Is there a way to presist data on Windows sandbox?

Discus and support Is there a way to presist data on Windows sandbox? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; In windows 10 sandbox when I close all data are gone, is there a way to presist the data ? 158323 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by William40, Jun 13, 2020.

1. William40 Win User

Is there a way to presist data on Windows sandbox?

In windows 10 sandbox when I close all data are gone, is there a way to presist the data ?

:)

William40, Jun 13, 2020
  2. William40 Win User

In windows 10 sandbox when I close all data are gone, is there a way to presist the data ?

William40, Jun 13, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User

You can map an external folder to an internal folder to hold such data.

cereberus, Jun 13, 2020
  4. EdTittel Win User

The whole purpose of a sandbox is not to persist data. That said, I suppose you could take an image backup with the Sandbox active and then restore that backup to get the sandbox back. But then, you'd lose what had changed in the surrounding OS and filesystem around the sandbox.
    Why do you want to do this? What are you trying to accomplish? If you can answer those questions, the community may have some useful suggestions for you.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a way to presist data on Windows sandbox? - Similar Threads - presist data sandbox

2. Windows sandbox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows sandbox: I used Windows sandbox while installing Norton just to test it although I am happy with Windows native programs with MBAM. I found Norton in the download section of Chrome after closing sand box and rebooting. Should it have been there as I thought closing sandbox deleted...
  3. Windows sandbox

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows sandbox: My computer is a 1903 system version. Why is there no windows sandbox system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sandbox/35a43aa9-1c2a-4094-8a59-61647a80ec49
  4. windows sandbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows sandbox: I am running windows 10 Pro. Is windows sandbox available with windows 10 Pro? I was under the impression I can turn on this feature in "windows feature" and check the box next to Windows Sandbox, but the feature is not listed. Can anyone explain this or help me find...
  5. Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Sandbox: Hello. I am having a problem with windows sandbox, everything I turn it on I have no internet it says and if I open something for example file explorer the background turns black and everything gets removed and then I can't do anything anymore....
  6. Any way to disable clipboard access to Windows 10 Sandbox?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to disable clipboard access to Windows 10 Sandbox?: I want to start using Windows 10 Sandbox for connecting to my remote job -- I am a programmer/developer. Part of that job involves, at times, copying and pasting confidential data. Currently, I use a VM with clipboard access disabled to ensure that none of that data ends up...
  7. WINDOWS SANDBOX

WINDOWS SANDBOX: So when I try starting windows sandbox it gives me this error: 0xc0370106 then I cant open it and It automatically closes,please help me with my problem :( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sandbox/1361ccde-cc0b-49d8-b4e8-fbf924d0a4f2
  8. Windows Sandbox

Windows Sandbox: I have windows 10 Home Single Language 1809 version and i update it to 1903 version. But when i go to "Windows Features Turn on/off and i check for windows Sandbox, i don't find this feature. Please tell me reason....
  9. Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Sandbox: I have a Surface Book 2 hooked up to a Plugable 4K docking station with a Plugable Ethernet Adapter and Wireless through the Surface Book. In Windows Sandbox the only adapter that shows up is the Hyper-V Network Adapter so I can't get any internet :-( Any ideas??...
  10. Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Sandbox: Hello Today I installed windows 10 1903 feature update using slow insider channel and I enabled the windows sandbox for turn windows features on and off and reboot my system but is still not showing this in my app list is there update problem or hardware limitations?...