Windows 10: Is there a way to presist data on Windows sandbox?

Discus and support Is there a way to presist data on Windows sandbox? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; In windows 10 sandbox when I close all data are gone, is there a way to presist the data ? 158323 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by William40, Jun 13, 2020.

1. William40 Win User

Is there a way to presist data on Windows sandbox?

In windows 10 sandbox when I close all data are gone, is there a way to presist the data ?

:)

William40, Jun 13, 2020
  2. William40 Win User

In windows 10 sandbox when I close all data are gone, is there a way to presist the data ?

William40, Jun 13, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User

You can map an external folder to an internal folder to hold such data.

cereberus, Jun 13, 2020
  4. EdTittel Win User

The whole purpose of a sandbox is not to persist data. That said, I suppose you could take an image backup with the Sandbox active and then restore that backup to get the sandbox back. But then, you'd lose what had changed in the surrounding OS and filesystem around the sandbox.
    Why do you want to do this? What are you trying to accomplish? If you can answer those questions, the community may have some useful suggestions for you.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a way to presist data on Windows sandbox? - Similar Threads - presist data sandbox

2. Windows Sandbox failed to initialize - 0x80070103 No more data is available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox failed to initialize - 0x80070103 No more data is available: Windows sandbox was working fine when I last used it a few months ago. Tried to run it again last week and it failed with the error message below. After a week of debugging, I still can’t figure it out. Any help is appreciated. Windows Sandbox failed to initialize.Error...
  3. Windows Sandbox failed to initialize - 0x80070103 No more data is available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sandbox failed to initialize - 0x80070103 No more data is available: Windows sandbox was working fine when I last used it a few months ago. Tried to run it again last week and it failed with the error message below. After a week of debugging, I still can’t figure it out. Any help is appreciated. Windows Sandbox failed to initialize.Error...
  4. Is there a way to lock the mouse in windows sandbox?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to lock the mouse in windows sandbox?: Hello, I'm trying to test a multiplayer game in windows sandbox and the mouse behavior is not working as it normally would on a PC. On a normal PC, if I'm trying to rotate a 3D view in my game, and the cursor reaches the left edge of a screen, I can keep rotating the view in...
  5. Is there a way to lock the mouse in windows sandbox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to lock the mouse in windows sandbox?: Hello, I'm trying to test a multiplayer game in windows sandbox and the mouse behavior is not working as it normally would on a PC. On a normal PC, if I'm trying to rotate a 3D view in my game, and the cursor reaches the left edge of a screen, I can keep rotating the view in...
  6. Is there a way to lock the mouse in windows sandbox?

7. Is there a way to download windows sandbox without installing it on windows features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to download windows sandbox without installing it on windows features?: Hi, I'm looking for a .zip file version/edition of Windows Sandbox, I'm using a pc with windows 10 home edition and I'm looking for another way to get windows sandbox on windows 10 home edition. I tried the other site that has a .zip file with 2 .bat files to install windows...
  8. Is there a way to download windows sandbox without installing it on windows features?

Is there a way to download windows sandbox without installing it on windows features?: Hi, I'm looking for a .zip file version/edition of Windows Sandbox, I'm using a pc with windows 10 home edition and I'm looking for another way to get windows sandbox on windows 10 home edition. I tried the other site that has a .zip file with 2 .bat files to install windows...
  9. Is there a way to download windows sandbox without installing it on windows features?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Microsoft Sandbox does not open all the way

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Sandbox does not open all the way: Not sure why it started to happen but when I open Microsoft Sandbox it never opens all the way and keeps blinking in and out. The desktop is shown but the taskbar never completes and so the window blinks in and out as it is working. Waited for an hour and it never stops...