Windows 10: Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it?

Discus and support Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having similar issues to this query posted nearly two years ago. Long story short, I'm fairly certain that the service Microsoft GameInput... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MrK451, Jun 22, 2022.

1. MrK451 Win User

Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it?

Hello, I'm having similar issues to this query posted nearly two years ago. Long story short, I'm fairly certain that the service Microsoft GameInput Redistributable is causing my Windows system to freeze on a near daily basis, particularly when it reinstalls or reconfigures itself, as can be seen in my reliability history. Please check my previous post on the matter that did not get a proper solution. At this point, I just want to remove this software and keep it removed, is there any way to prevent Windows from periodically reinstalling it?

:)

MrK451, Jun 22, 2022

2. How to permenantly remove GameInput Redistributable?

Hi,

I've been having this problem where GameInput Redistributable causes my pc to freeze completely and crash (everything on the screen freezes, the num lock test doesn't work, ctrl+alt+dlt doesn't work). The only solution I had is to uninstall the feature and
    my PC works fine.

However every time I reboot it reinstalls it.

Which means I have to uninstall it every single time I turn my pc on.

My windows updates are blocked from updating, but it still reinstalls it. Please tell me theres a way to uninstall it for good. Its so infuriating to have to uninstall it or have my PC just die every few hours. ):

Caper Iris, Jun 22, 2022
  3. Gameinput Redestrutable

I recently got a new HP ENVY 13-aq0xxx Laptop,

but its been crashing a lot when i put it to sleep or leave it on. I've checked reliability monitor and right before the crash gameinput redistributable, Note this is a work and Not gaming laptop So what would be my next step?

DanielZaborszky, Jun 22, 2022
  4. Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it?

"GameInput Redistributable" -- What is it, what's using it, how to get rid of it?

I don't necessarily want to uninstall the GameInput Redistributable. What I really want to do is figure out what, exactly, is blocking that update. Microsoft's told us it's blocked because of reasons. But, they've given us no visibility into what those
    reasons are (in my case, I'm just guessing it's GameInput Redistributable because it keeps popping up in Reliability Monitor and nothing else in their list seems to apply) or what, if any, progress is being made. For all I know, it's some trivial, unused
    thing on these systems. Or, perhaps something that's not being maintained any more and will never be fixed. I really doubt that either of those things apply. But, if MS is going to stick that warning label up in Windows Update, they really need to give
    more information.

oreveredrist, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it?

1. Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it? - Similar Threads - prevent GameInput Redistributable

2. There's no realistic way to prevent Windows 10 from automatically rebooting itself after an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's no realistic way to prevent Windows 10 from automatically rebooting itself after an...: This is one of many reasons why people use Apple's macOS. macOS is not only superior to Windows 10 - macOS doesn't automatically reboot itself after an update. I've lost so much work because Microsoft's lack of understanding that rebooting causes your work to become lost....
  3. There's no realistic way to prevent Windows 10 from automatically rebooting itself after an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There's no realistic way to prevent Windows 10 from automatically rebooting itself after an...: This is one of many reasons why people use Apple's macOS. macOS is not only superior to Windows 10 - macOS doesn't automatically reboot itself after an update. I've lost so much work because Microsoft's lack of understanding that rebooting causes your work to become lost....
  4. There's no realistic way to prevent Windows 10 from automatically rebooting itself after an...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it?: Hello, I'm having similar issues to this query posted nearly two years ago. Long story short, I'm fairly certain that the service Microsoft GameInput Redistributable is causing my Windows system to freeze on a near daily basis, particularly when it reinstalls or reconfigures...
  6. Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it?

Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it?: Hello, I'm having similar issues to this query posted nearly two years ago. Long story short, I'm fairly certain that the service Microsoft GameInput Redistributable is causing my Windows system to freeze on a near daily basis, particularly when it reinstalls or reconfigures...
  7. Laptop Freezes because GameInput Redistributable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Freezes because GameInput Redistributable: My quite brand new Asus Tuf Gaming Laptop seems to have started freezing at 9/20/2020 and from the reliability monitor and some digging around it feels like its being caused by GameInput Redistributable, though i am not 100% sure if its the problem. Any help or tips on...
  8. GameInput redistributable and drawing tablets

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GameInput redistributable and drawing tablets: Two days ago, my drawing tablet began missing my inputs. My pen would be on the screen, but the cursor would not move, or it would move seconds after I had moved the pen. For reference, I had purchased my tablet 2 years ago and have not had this problem before. After...
  9. How to permenantly remove GameInput Redistributable?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to permenantly remove GameInput Redistributable?: Hi, I've been having this problem where GameInput Redistributable causes my pc to freeze completely and crash everything on the screen freezes, the num lock test doesn't work, ctrl+alt+dlt doesn't work. The only solution I had is to uninstall the feature and my PC works...
  10. Prevent removed apps from reinstalling

Prevent removed apps from reinstalling: Hello all, There are a few apps that keep installing themselves even after I removed them. 3D builder, Get Office, etc. Is there a way, or a couple ways to get them to NOT install once I remove them? Or to at the very least block them from functioning (example, the Get...