Windows 10: Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

Discus and support Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sdmike1974, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge.

:)

sdmike1974, Apr 22, 2024

2. Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge

Hello again

These options are not listed for going into the settings of Microsoft Edge. My apologies for the confusion. They are listed for going into the settings of windows. Edge picks up the email address of the Microsoft account that is linked in the Windows settings

TechGuy_82, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 22, 2024
  4. John Vil Win User

Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

1. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge? - Similar Threads - prevent links email

2. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  3. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  4. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

5. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Is there a way to take off email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to take off email?: I was wondering if there was a way to take off my email from the search and settings bar im not sure why my email is showing up there and also is being automatically an option for when i go to do things even though i haven't saved it the thing is i use the email for bing only...
  7. Is there a way to take off email?

Is there a way to take off email?: I was wondering if there was a way to take off my email from the search and settings bar im not sure why my email is showing up there and also is being automatically an option for when i go to do things even though i haven't saved it the thing is i use the email for bing only...
  8. Almost every single Microsoft link takes me to homepage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Almost every single Microsoft link takes me to homepage: Why does Microsoft put links to online articles in event viewer and then provides no article at URL listed? Why does my copy of Server 2019 have an online resource built-in PS-Remoting during setup that is unreachable on the Microsoft server? Why is it that every time I...
  9. Microsoft Improving Tracking Prevention in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Improving Tracking Prevention in Microsoft Edge: Today, we’re excited to announce some improvements to our tracking prevention feature that have started rolling out with Microsoft Edge 79. In our last blog post about tracking prevention in Microsoft Edge, we mentioned that we are experimenting with ways that our Balanced...
  10. Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge: Hi, I loaned my laptop to a friend and, while she had it, she somehow managed to establish her email address as the email address displayed in Microsoft Edge. So every time I open Microsoft Edge my friend's name is identified in the top right hand corner as being the linked...