Windows 10: Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from asking for my password/PIN every time I turn on...

Discus and support Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from asking for my password/PIN every time I turn on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would like for my PC to just start and login to my account without asking for password/PIN, is there a way to do that? This is my PC at home, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MillenniumDH, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from asking for my password/PIN every time I turn on...

I would like for my PC to just start and login to my account without asking for password/PIN, is there a way to do that? This is my PC at home, I have no wish to enter my pass every time I turn it on.

submitted by /u/MillenniumDH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MillenniumDH, Feb 19, 2020

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from asking for my password/PIN every time I turn on...

Windows 10 asking for login password even after upgrading the virus protection on the PC instead of PIN password. How to switch back to PIN password?

Hello Billy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you see Sign-in options option on the lock screen?
    • Are you using Microsoft account to login into the user profile?

If you have set an alpha-numeric password at the installation stage of Windows 10 OS and then changed the sign-in option to PIN password, you will be able to choose between the passwords entries at the login screen of the Windows.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if you see the
    Sign-in options option on the lock screen. If you do, click on the option and check if you can choose and enter PIN password to access your user profile.

Method 2: If the option is not presented on the lock screen and you are using Microsoft account to login into the user profile,
    I suggest you to change the login password from the link below and set PIN password to your user account by following the steps below.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Accounts from the options and click on
      Sign-in options
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add under PIN settings, verify your account and setup a new PIN password for your user account.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from asking for my password/PIN every time I turn on...

1. Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from asking for my password/PIN every time I turn on... - Similar Threads - prevent asking password

2. Chrome asking for pin every time I try to autofill

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome asking for pin every time I try to autofill: Since a few days ago, every time I try to use the autofill feature on chrome, I am prompted in typing my windows pc pin number, as attached.I don't want that, and want it disabled, I know it's security, but i didn't need this layer of security for the last 20 years and I'll...
  3. Chrome asking for pin every time I try to autofill

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome asking for pin every time I try to autofill: Since a few days ago, every time I try to use the autofill feature on chrome, I am prompted in typing my windows pc pin number, as attached.I don't want that, and want it disabled, I know it's security, but i didn't need this layer of security for the last 20 years and I'll...
  4. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11

Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back. im using windows...
  5. Asking to enter A1B2C3 every time i turn on my pc.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asking to enter A1B2C3 every time i turn on my pc.: Hey, my mother entered the pin on my computer incorrectly multiple times, and now I have to enter A1B2C3 every time before i can log in with my pin. when i turn on my pc i used to enter A1B2C3 every time. i get rid of it. please give me a solution. Is there a way to undo...
  6. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program

Asks me for my pin every time I open a program: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back....
  7. windows asking admin pin every time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows asking admin pin every time: can I disable windows asking the admin account pin for opening a certain app every time submitted by /u/suusa_pede [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/id63vr/windows_asking_admin_pin_every_time/
  8. Is there a way to prevent Windows from requiring me to sign in every single time my screen...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is there a way to prevent Windows from requiring me to sign in every single time my screen...: I have my screen to turn off after 1 minute so I can preserve as much battery as possible. I have my sleep setting set to "10 minutes" too. However, when the one minute passes, I am automatically locked out and need to sign in again. This is frustrating especially if I am...
  9. Is there a way to prevent Windows from requiring me to sign in every single time my screen...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to prevent Windows from requiring me to sign in every single time my screen...: [ATTACH] I have my screen to turn off after 1 minute so I can preserve as much battery as possible. I have my sleep setting set to "10 minutes" too. However, when the one minute passes, I am automatically locked out and need to sign in again. This is frustrating especially...
  10. Stop Win 10 from asking me to create a pin every time I reboot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stop Win 10 from asking me to create a pin every time I reboot: The 1803 build forced me to create a pin during a clean install then I deleted it after the install completed. Now it asks me to create a pin every time I boot. How do I stop this from happening on a Win 10 Home X64 system. 112281