Windows 10: Is there a way to prevent Windows from requiring me to sign in every single time my screen...

Discus and support Is there a way to prevent Windows from requiring me to sign in every single time my screen... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have my screen to turn off after 1 minute so I can preserve as much battery as possible. I have my sleep setting set to "10 minutes" too.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZeZoZi, Feb 12, 2020.

1. /u/ZeZoZi Win User

Is there a way to prevent Windows from requiring me to sign in every single time my screen...

Is there a way to prevent Windows from requiring me to sign in every single time my screen... SY8bq560jYuCyD_m550KcsbxIbxUqRZUn3pZwq4HbU0.jpg

I have my screen to turn off after 1 minute so I can preserve as much battery as possible. I have my sleep setting set to "10 minutes" too. However, when the one minute passes, I am automatically locked out and need to sign in again. This is frustrating especially if I am using my Surface Pro in tablet mode because then I need to pick it up and hold it for a few seconds to recognize my face. The other option is putting in my passcode and it's not the most convenient in tablet mode every few minutes...

Does anyone know a way to have my screen turn off but not have the Windows Lock screen when I try to use my laptop again?

I've been trying for hours but I can't seem to find any solutions online. Any help would be much appreciated!

https://preview.redd.it/jiq2p82iuig...bp&s=3140e60af13f6a8a399075aec49f91a1243ab0a4

submitted by /u/ZeZoZi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZeZoZi, Feb 12, 2020
  2. L_ABelge Win User

How to prevent the windows 10 screen from reverting back to initial start screen requiring sign-in!

How to prevent the windows 10 screen from reverting back to initial start screen requiring sign-in!

L_ABelge, Feb 12, 2020
  3. mike1127 Win User
    not able to disable driving signing requirement

I'm trying to install a program on Windows 10, from several years ago, and getting the error "A digitally signed driver is required." I looked up how to disable this requirement, and followed the steps.

Shift-Shutdown

Selecting configuration option for startup configurations, reboot

Hitting F7 once I get to the options screen

reboot

And I still get the error while trying to install the program. I tried this a few times to no avail.

mike1127, Feb 12, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Is there a way to prevent Windows from requiring me to sign in every single time my screen...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Is there a way to prevent Windows from requiring me to sign in every single time my screen... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a way to prevent Windows from requiring me to sign in every single time my screen... - Similar Threads - prevent requiring sign

2. Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN: Hi All,Having a weird experience every time my computer sleeps.Every time my computer sleeps I do not have the option to submit a PIN or my fingerprint like I did previously. It now just displays "Sign In" and after pressing, the screen blacks out, then says "Just a...
  3. Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN: Hi All,Having a weird experience every time my computer sleeps.Every time my computer sleeps I do not have the option to submit a PIN or my fingerprint like I did previously. It now just displays "Sign In" and after pressing, the screen blacks out, then says "Just a...
  4. Is there a way for me to increase the time my screen saver stays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way for me to increase the time my screen saver stays?: Hello!I wanted to know if there is a way that I can use to increase the time my screen saver stays. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-for-me-to-increase-the-time-my/21d44e12-42b6-496d-88ba-e30d4e198b81
  5. Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in: probably because I don't have a camera compatible with windows face. How do I change it so I don't have to log in every time my computer goes to sleep?...
  6. Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in: I got a new Lenovo laptop computer and it was working great but the last month or so it requires me to login every time I step away...I used to have it set for a longer time iirc because it's in a home setting, but when I go to Sign-in options now it tells me: "Windows Hello...
  7. How do I enable "Require sign-in" from Every Time to Never?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I enable "Require sign-in" from Every Time to Never?!: Just updated from 1909 to 2004 and have run into this issue. Before I could set to never so if my laptop went to sleep I could simply wake and resume. Now it's grayed out on "Every Time" and I have to scan my finger. Apparently Windows Hello is preventing this although I'd...
  8. Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from asking for my password/PIN every time I turn on...

Is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from asking for my password/PIN every time I turn on...: I would like for my PC to just start and login to my account without asking for password/PIN, is there a way to do that? This is my PC at home, I have no wish to enter my pass every time I turn it on. submitted by /u/MillenniumDH [link] [comments]...
  9. Is there a way to prevent Windows from requiring me to sign in every single time my screen...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is there a way to prevent Windows from requiring me to sign in every single time my screen...: I have my screen to turn off after 1 minute so I can preserve as much battery as possible. I have my sleep setting set to "10 minutes" too. However, when the one minute passes, I am automatically locked out and need to sign in again. This is frustrating especially if I am...
  10. Is there a way to require 2FA every time I log in to Windows with Microsoft Authenticator?

Is there a way to require 2FA every time I log in to Windows with Microsoft Authenticator?: I've found the setting in my Microsoft account in a browser, but it just turns it on for every time I login on the web and changes nothing with how I login to Windows itself. I want to require it every time I login to my PC at work. Thanks! submitted by /u/Meriwether_R...