Windows 10: Is there a way to read a network drive's credentials from Windows 10?

Discus and support Is there a way to read a network drive's credentials from Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Apparently I forgot the password to my router (which I configured for a LOONG time and I don't want to do it all over again) and it uses the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Inspector343, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Is there a way to read a network drive's credentials from Windows 10?

Apparently I forgot the password to my router (which I configured for a LOONG time and I don't want to do it all over again) and it uses the same credentials as the SMB it hosts. Can I get the password I typed in a while ago into Windows?

submitted by /u/Inspector343
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Inspector343, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, May 25, 2020
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, May 25, 2020
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Is there a way to read a network drive's credentials from Windows 10?

Saving credentials in network mapped drive

Hi Richard,

Credential Manager allows you to save and manage web and Windows credentials for circumstances like network drive mapping. If you have trouble logging in credentials every time you save/open/copy/edit files, kindly try these following methods:

Methods 1: Managing Credentials

• On the search box, search and open Credential Manager.
    • Click Windows Credentials and select Add a Windows Credential.
    • Fill in the required information and click OK.

Method 2: Allowing reconnection at log on.

• Open the File Explorer and select This PC.
    • Click Computer beside File tab on the upper-right corner and click Map network drive.
    • Browse to the drive that you want to remember your credentials and check
      Reconnect at sign-in.
    • Click Finish.

Note: If reconnect at sign-in does not work, try re-mapping the drive.

Also, if your PCs are not up-to-date, we recommend updating them because these issues may happen because of some bugs on Windows, and an updated PC may address this kind of issues.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to read a network drive's credentials from Windows 10?

1. Is there a way to read a network drive's credentials from Windows 10? - Similar Threads - read network drive's

2. Windows remembers credentials for mapping network drives even when "Remember Credentials"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows remembers credentials for mapping network drives even when "Remember Credentials"...: There must be hundreds of posts complaining about Windows asking for credentials for various reasons: despite the fact that password protected sharing is turned off, for example.I am having the opposite problem. Windows is saving credentials for my network shares and...
  3. network drive credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network drive credentials: so i'm using a network drive on my network to share files between computers. this was all fine, but then when i try to use it on the other computer, it asks for credentials. i've never seen this before, and i haven't set any credentials, any way i can remove them?...
  4. network drive credentials

network drive credentials: so i'm using a network drive on my network to share files between computers. this was all fine, but then when i try to use it on the other computer, it asks for credentials. i've never seen this before, and i haven't set any credentials, any way i can remove them?...
  5. Network Drive Credentials Invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Drive Credentials Invalid: Computer A has Windows 10 Pro and computer B has Windows 11 Pro. I mapped the C: drive of each one as a network drive on the other so I could move files around between them. Initially it was fine and everything worked normally. I turned B back on after being off for a few...
  6. Network Drive Credentials Invalid

Network Drive Credentials Invalid: Computer A has Windows 10 Pro and computer B has Windows 11 Pro. I mapped the C: drive of each one as a network drive on the other so I could move files around between them. Initially it was fine and everything worked normally. I turned B back on after being off for a few...
  7. backup to network drive asks for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    backup to network drive asks for credentials: I'm getting ready to create a system image of my wife's computer. I wish to put it on a logical drive partition on an external drive that is connected to my computer and shared through our home lan. We are both hardwired to the LAN through ethernet. I can access it from her...
  8. Network credentials for external drive on iMac

Network credentials for external drive on iMac: Hi, this is a weird one for me. I have a brand-new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop with Windows 10 Pro version 1909 and I'm trying to set it up to access a Seagate Backup Plus drive connected via USB to an iMac running OS X Catalina 10.15.2. Interestingly, I can get to shares...
  9. network credentials in windows 10

network credentials in windows 10: How do i set up network credentials? better yet, can this security item be turned off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/network-credentials-in-windows-10/8ca0ba7f-cc3b-4a2d-be53-9e405ae1a66b
  10. Windows Network Credentials

Windows Network Credentials: Dear all, My company has p-p LAN, my PC (desktop) connects to some PC (desktop) always ask "Enter network credentials", but some was not required like that. Which reason? I want to study about that, someone please help to teach me. And I want to no need to enter Windows...