Windows 10: Is there a way to read old encrypted files using fresh installed OS?

Discus and support Is there a way to read old encrypted files using fresh installed OS? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Short story, because some failed booting attempt, I decided to install new win10 into a new drive. Now obviously, with fresh-new installed OS I lost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kupinggepeng, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Is there a way to read old encrypted files using fresh installed OS?

Short story, because some failed booting attempt, I decided to install new win10 into a new drive. Now obviously, with fresh-new installed OS I lost access to my encrypted files on my old drive.

I remember most of my settings in my old system, including its password if that help. Right now I'm able to access most of my old files using 'take ownership' registry tools. My question is there a way to 'recover' my encrypted files?

Thanks in advance, any help, story, experience would be apreciated.

submitted by /u/kupinggepeng
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kupinggepeng, Apr 12, 2021

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Is there a way to read old encrypted files using fresh installed OS?

Jsssssssss, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to read old encrypted files using fresh installed OS?

1. Is there a way to read old encrypted files using fresh installed OS? - Similar Threads - read old encrypted

2. Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation: My name is Sarath babu, i have query on fresh installation of windows 11 proI have migrated from Windows 10 pro, part of Microsoft upgrade offer for windows 11 pro.Now system is working fine with windows11 pro, but unable to get the updates and showing error for the 2022-07...
  3. Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 OS - query on fresh OS installation: My name is Sarath babu, i have query on fresh installation of windows 11 proI have migrated from Windows 10 pro, part of Microsoft upgrade offer for windows 11 pro.Now system is working fine with windows11 pro, but unable to get the updates and showing error for the 2022-07...
  4. BSOD after a fresh OS install.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after a fresh OS install.: Hello everyone, back again with another question.I have been having periodic blue screening issues with my PC for about 2 to 3 months now. Various things causing crashes, too long to list. It got to a point where I was so tired of having to perform various fixes that I opted...
  5. BSOD after a fresh OS install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after a fresh OS install.: Hello everyone, back again with another question.I have been having periodic blue screening issues with my PC for about 2 to 3 months now. Various things causing crashes, too long to list. It got to a point where I was so tired of having to perform various fixes that I opted...
  6. Fresh Install of Windows 10, Uses Old User Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fresh Install of Windows 10, Uses Old User Name: Hello,When ever I do a fresh install of Windows 10, I connect to the internet, enter my account information and it uses my old messed up username I made years ago. I been digging around on my account page on Microsoft Accounts page but for the life of me, I can not find the...
  7. Read and write encrypted file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read and write encrypted file: Hi I have created an encrypted file using AES , stored this encrypted file into a folder in my D drive . This encrypted file consists of junk characters .My next task is to read that file . I have tried methods such as _tfopen_s and _wfopen_s etc. but I could not able to...
  8. installation of old OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    installation of old OS: 25.4.2020 sir, I have been using XP Pro 32bit sp3 successfully for a long time. MB 845GBV, 2MB RAM. Looking into the compatibility to install win7, I did install fairly fine with minor issues with the existing graphic card, the RAM was less, and I could not get AGP card...
  9. Fresh OS installation to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh OS installation to my Laptop: My Laptop (HP Spectre X360 - 13-Ae045tu) came up with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed. I want to do a fresh installation of Windows 10 pro. What are the ways to do it? If I download ISO of Win 10 from Microsoft site will it be registered/activate in my laptop? Is it...
  10. OneDrive files reinstalling on a PC after a fresh OS install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive files reinstalling on a PC after a fresh OS install: I keep all my files in OneDrive folders. Some of the files are synced onto the PC hard drive and the rest reside in the cloud only. I plan on replacing the Hard Drive with a SSD. I will back up all files to an external hard drive. I am also guessing the Windows Activation...