Windows 10: Is there a way to record commentary without a microphone?

Discus and support Is there a way to record commentary without a microphone? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know you can record video using Window's Xbox recording feature (Windows button + G). Is there also a way to record commentary without a microphone?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GQManOfTheYear, May 16, 2020.

1. Is there a way to record commentary without a microphone?

I know you can record video using Window's Xbox recording feature (Windows button + G). Is there also a way to record commentary without a microphone?

submitted by /u/GQManOfTheYear
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GQManOfTheYear, May 16, 2020

2. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, May 16, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 16, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Is there a way to record commentary without a microphone?

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to record commentary without a microphone?

1. Is there a way to record commentary without a microphone? - Similar Threads - record commentary without

2. Record microphone without computer sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Record microphone without computer sound: I have a training video with audio only narration that I did some time ago. I want to replace the narration with a small window in the top corner showing my talking head with the same narration. The video has a lot of timed graphics, so the talking head video narration needs...
  3. Record microphone without computer sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record microphone without computer sound: I have a training video with audio only narration that I did some time ago. I want to replace the narration with a small window in the top corner showing my talking head with the same narration. The video has a lot of timed graphics, so the talking head video narration needs...
  4. Record microphone without computer sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Commentary Bias

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Commentary Bias: How do you let someone disrespect a former president of the USA by telling him to be careful when he bends over to pick up the soap when he goes to jail and that's fine to post, but when I suggest that the people prosecuting this person may face the same consequences, that is...
  6. Commentary Bias

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Commentary Bias: How do you let someone disrespect a former president of the USA by telling him to be careful when he bends over to pick up the soap when he goes to jail and that's fine to post, but when I suggest that the people prosecuting this person may face the same consequences, that is...
  7. Microphone not recording

Microphone not recording: My microphone was not working and I reinstalled windows and audio drivers. When I speak the icon shows movement indicating that sound is being sensed, but nothing records in voice recorder, skype of other program. Troubleshooters have not found a problem....
  8. Microphone will not record

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone will not record: the microphone in my speakers is not working. I have insignia speakers don't know the technical name that play audio just fine. However, when I try to voice record our sons school work & then playback...nothing. I feel like the answer is super simple, like wrong port...
  9. voice recorder microphone

voice recorder microphone: voice recorder microphone not working, is asking to add an external microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recorder-microphone/1ff40f41-7afb-4ea8-a80c-841077ec7860
  10. Is there a way to screen record without software on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to screen record without software on windows 10?: Is there a way to screen record without software on windows 10? I was wondering because iwouldnt want to install third party software. https://qewwindows.weebly.com/ QEW Windows and Doors...