Windows 10: Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...

Discus and support Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This happened on Windows 10. I was transferring files from a USB drive to my computer. I cut the folders "Test 1" and "Test 2" from the USB to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mitchell Carvalho, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...

This happened on Windows 10. I was transferring files from a USB drive to my computer. I cut the folders "Test 1" and "Test 2" from the USB to the pictures folder. I had forgotten that there was already a "Test 1" folder on the computer. No warning message popped up saying there was already a folder with the same name I found and changed that, so that I will receive notifications again, don't know how that changed itself. The folders were not merged, but also the folder that I was trying to move did not cancel and stay on the USB drive. All of the pictures in the folder already on my c

:)

Mitchell Carvalho, Nov 28, 2023

2. Windows recover files lost during cut and paste

If files are lost using a cut and paste operation in Windows 10, e.g. due to a system crash, where do I find the files?

A friend of mine recently lost really important files due to cut and pasting onto a usb drive and then not ejecting the usb drive correctly.

I tried locating the files on his system but could not find them.

Is it really the case that Windows does just delete the files from the source directory before ensuring that they are moved to the target directory successfully? If so, how do I disable the cut and paste functionality as I consider it to be a seriously messed up bug then.

logical x 2, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Major defect with WM6 - Cut & Paste, then Cancel resulting in lost files!!

Reproduction steps

IPAQ 214, with WM6 classic, CE OS 5.2.1711 (build 18165.0.5.0)

PC - WinXP Pro, SP2

• Connect ipaq to PC via USB cable.
    • Select mulitiple files from ipaq via Win Explorer on PC
    • Cut and paste files to a folder on PC (by drag & drop whilst holding Shift key)
    • Whilst files are copying, click cancel (on PC dialogue box)
    Expected results

Cut and paste operation ceases, leaving any uncopied files from source (i.e. files should remain on ipaq)

Actual results

Cut and paste operation ceases, and all files are MISSING from source.

Result/impact

I have lost all my data.

Any advice on data recovery?

If anyone has any advice for me regarding how to recover the data I would be very much obliged.

Best regards

Mark

Mark Davies10, Nov 28, 2023
  4. Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...

Android Folders Cut and Paste - Folders are all empty...

I was trying to move files from my samsung phone to my windows 10 pc (and because I was trying to rush) I cut some folders and pasted them to an attached USB drive. The folders all pasted with absolutely zero contents. (I previously cut and pasted another folder so I just figured there wouldn't be any issues) The folders are no longer the last thing that was cut/copied and there is no trace of the files being on the phone. Is there a way to recover the files or are they just gone?

I find this very odd and I have never run into such an issue using file explorer and copying/cutting/pasting folders and the contents...

SwordMistress, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...

1. Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a... - Similar Threads - recover folder files

2. Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...: This happened on Windows 10. I was transferring files from a USB drive to my computer. I cut the folders "Test 1" and "Test 2" from the USB to the pictures folder. I had forgotten that there was already a "Test 1" folder on the computer. No warning message popped up saying...
  3. Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...: This happened on Windows 10. I was transferring files from a USB drive to my computer. I cut the folders "Test 1" and "Test 2" from the USB to the pictures folder. I had forgotten that there was already a "Test 1" folder on the computer. No warning message popped up saying...
  4. Recover files lost after hitting undo on a cut paste operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover files lost after hitting undo on a cut paste operation: HiI was transfering some photos from mobile to pc and I used cut paste option. the copy was completed and i was doing some other operation when I hit undo a few times and all the files that i copied were lost along with the folder. The photos are not in recycle bin, i didnt...
  5. Recover files lost after hitting undo on a cut paste operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover files lost after hitting undo on a cut paste operation: HiI was transfering some photos from mobile to pc and I used cut paste option. the copy was completed and i was doing some other operation when I hit undo a few times and all the files that i copied were lost along with the folder. The photos are not in recycle bin, i didnt...
  6. Recover files lost after hitting undo on a cut paste operation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to recover Files lost during Cut and Paste in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to recover Files lost during Cut and Paste in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If some files are lost during cut and paste, you can follow this article to get them back. Here is how you can recover files lost during a cut and paste operation in Windows 11 and Windows 10. Although it is pretty unusual, you may encounter this issue on your...
  8. Cut and paste files to usb. But lost usb now

Cut and paste files to usb. But lost usb now: Is there a way to recover now those files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste-files-to-usb-but-lost-usb-now/7da6216b-58d3-430f-8e4a-6437e20d1f13
  9. Lost files during cut and paste

Lost files during cut and paste: Hi there So I was cutting and pasting several large folders from my laptop to hard drive when my laptop suddenly turned off. When I turned it back on again, I could see that the files were gone from the one disk E:, and I could also see that my C: folder had exactly that...
  10. One-drive Cut & Paste - Folder & files have disappeared after cutting

One-drive Cut & Paste - Folder & files have disappeared after cutting: Hello, I was moving my data from local drive to One-Drive for Business using cut paste, it was taking time so i decided to cancel the same and intended to try it again later. Unfortunately, the folders and files from source location gone missing. Could you please help me...